Obama pushes universal preschool proposal : Swingers Discussion 2170941011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsObama pushes universal preschool proposal
TOPIC: Obama pushes universal preschool proposal
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 104   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Out: Here is another artical about males going to prison. You libs just cannot connect the dots. This one puts the blame on poverty as the reason the males end up in prison. Not being raised on welfare, Head Start or WIC. Page 1 of 4) New York Times, John Tierney

WASHINGTON — Why are so many American families trapped in poverty? Of all the explanations offered by Washington’s politicians and economists, one seems particularly obvious in the low-income neighborhoods near the Capitol: because there are so many parents like Carl Harris and Charlene Hamilton. For most of their daughters’ childhood, Mr. Harris didn’t come close to making the minimum wage. His most lucrative job, as a crack dealer, ended at the age of 24, when he left Washington to serve two decades in prison, leaving his wife to raise their two young girls while trying to hold their long-distance marriage together. His $1.15-per-hour prison wages didn’t even cover the bills for the phone calls and marathon bus trips to visit him. Struggling to pay rent and buy food, Ms. Hamilton ended up homeless a couple of times. “Basically, I was locked up with him,” she said. “My mind was locked up. My life was locked up. Our daughters grew up without their father.” The shift to tougher penal policies three decades ago was originally credited with helping people in poor neighborhoods by reducing crime. But now that America’s incarceration rate has risen to be the world’s highest, many social scientists find the social benefits to be far outweighed by the costs to those communities. “Prison has become the new poverty trap,” said Bruce Western, a Harvard sociologist. “It has become a routine event for poor African-American men and their families, creating an enduring disadvantage at the very bottom of American society.” Among African-Americans who have grown up during the era of mass incarceration, one in four has had a parent locked up at some point during childhood. For black men in their 20s and early 30s without a high school diploma, the incarceration rate is so high — nearly 40 percent nationwide — that they’re more likely to be behind bars than to have a job. No one denies that some people belong in prison. Mr. Harris, now 47, and his wife, 45, agree that in his early 20s he deserved to be there. But they don’t see what good was accomplished by keeping him there for two decades, and neither do most of the researchers who have been analyzing the prison boom. The number of Americans in state and federal prisons has quintupled since 1980, and a major reason is that prisoners serve longer terms than before. They remain inmates into middle age and old age, well beyond the peak age for crime, which is in the late teenage years — just when Mr. Harris first got into trouble.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
AMI is the very common abbreviation for American Indian. Stupid. I guess you don't know these ether or can you guess. Whi, Bla, His, Ais.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Mark:

What the hell is AMI?

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7252 posts)
Well Robert I spotted six lies. These are just a couple of samplings from what you have stated from your past posts. I am not going to quote as I do not have the time and SLS only keeps a persons last 100 posts on record. You cannot try anymore. The robber barons take everything every time you attempt to. You cannot go back to school. You are putting your two sisters through school. And now without the GI Bill school is to expensive. Just excuse after excuse after excuse. I invite you to go back and read your postings on the AMI thread. You did everything you could to divert that thread to your poor, very piss poor condition of yourself. After all no one in America could possibly be worse off than you. According to you.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Mark:

"I mean WTF! You are a LOSER! A loser has no way, no how the ability to dispense advice. "

The only loser in life is the loser who cannot have the moral strength of will to take every insult, every demeaning word from every mean spirited individual who hates the idea that they are wealthy only because of the willingness of people like me to prevent people like you from becoming robber barrons and losing your own head in a civil war you would create with your unrestrained greed.

"Any and everything thread you jump into just fills that thread with nothing but Toro ka ka."

If you mean Bull shit? That is the crap you guys keep trying to pull to side track the conversation.

"I pointed out to you the real reason why the water level in the Great Lakes has dropped. And you jump to one drought year of the Amazon in an attempt to prove your point... Stupid beyond belief."

I presented one point of evidence after another, each not only pointing out one year, but rather 40 plus years of continued decreasing water levels. Each reference did state that 2010 was worst than all previous years, but if you bothered to keep reading, the references concluded with and mentioned that this wasn't an isolated incident, but rather part of a greater whole.

Thus why I started with the great lakes, admitted that your point was a contributing factor, but not the only factor. From there I added to promote my point evidence of the need for soilless food production with how water levels across the globe are decreasing and how we react to grow even more food.

By further depleting the water supplies to grow more food.

My key point was to illustrate how we need soilless crops, it saves water. Even if at the moment it cost more overall to do, it will not cost more in the coming years and because we would already have converted over to it... We would benefit from the savings of creating the demand for advancing its technology.

You favor reactionary economies... Those with an education and not profiting from the current status quo favor proactive measures to continue our species and civilization.

We aren't a reactionary creature, we do not have to wait for the meteorite to hit us to know that we must act now to prevent disaster. You sadly are either profiting from the current status quo and plan to profit from the shortages which will come, or simply don't like being prepared for the future... Either way it is unacceptable.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7252 posts)
Mark:

" By any and all measures your life is a complete and utter failure. You are stuck in your parents basement and you cannot find your way out. Every single thing you have tried in life ended up in failure. "

Not true on two accounts.

1) I measure my sucess or failure by the simple question... When I fail, do I try something different? If yes, then I have not yet failed, I simply am progressing more slowly than I would like.

2) Indeed everything I have tried has been a disappointment. However where others given the short ends that I have been given would turn to alcohol and accept a shitty life... I continue to try different things and explore other options... Such as applying for different college classes... As I can pay for them from my own pocket. (not taking a penny from you.)

So where by You always apply for tax deductions and taking free money from the government, I have always paid my own way through college. (military service, personal savings... from what I have earned.)

Which one of us are the failure? The one trying to run another down, so to make ones self feel superior, or the one paving his way, finding his own path and not surrendering under the pressure of morons who can only think of their own personal wealth and demean others?

Humility you known not.

" There was even a thread started here by liberals meant just for you. To try and help you. But it failed. Just like any other liberal program. "

No mark, that thread was made so to publicly humiliate me with banter and try to fill my head with false ideas that a job paying 40k a year by the time you are 50 is a good job.

Maybe if you live in a trailer park or live in a depressed city 40k a year is good pay.. But not for providing for a family, not if you are to have a savings for each child so ensure that they attend at the very least a two year college.

"Just how does someone who self admits is a complete failure think they know enough to give advice? "

Because every post I make isn't about beating other people down and then stepping on top of the weaker to advance myself... Most every one is about advancing all those who are weaker than I.

Why? Because there is no I in countrymen and the principle of civilization is not about I it is about the multiple I's which aim to build a better future for all of the I's which exist.

That can include you, if you were only to stop being a I only individual who advances yourself at the cost of all others.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7252 posts)
Robert: By any and all measures your life is a complete and utter failure. You are stuck in your parents basement and you cannot find your way out. Every single thing you have tried in life ended up in failure. There was even a thread started here by liberals meant just for you. To try and help you. But it failed. Just like any other liberal program. Just how does someone who self admits is a complete failure think they know enough to give advice? I mean WTF! You are a LOSER! A loser has no way, no how the ability to dispense advice. About anything. Any and everything thread you jump into just fills that thread with nothing but Toro ka ka. I pointed out to you the real reason why the water level in the Great Lakes has dropped. And you jump to one drought year of the Amazon in an attempt to prove your point... Stupid beyond belief.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Mark:

The head start programs which fail, fail because the enviroments which they are in are under funded, the kids are raised in enviroments which do not promote good behavior, but reward bad behaviors and the kids similary see their parents working their asses off for no return, no advancement.

If you had a choice between no advancement, no path forward and being wealthy by crime... Which would you choose? Life of poverty and misery or a shorter life of mostly pain and worry freedom?

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7252 posts)
Out: This is a link to a liberal paper pointing out just how bad the problem is and and the current failure of programs like Head Start. Interesting enough it calls for even more government programs... Cradle to Prison pipeline by the Children Defense Institute. Also please Google: Failure of the Head Start Program. If you do you will see your beloved liberal program is a massive failure. By any and all measures.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Pan you completely miss the point of "standardized tests" they are not there to teach, or restrict what is learned. They are there because of a standard measurement, just like in all industry. Even in the mental health industry there are standards, it would be pretty hard to treat people without those standards. If you can name any industry that does not use standardized testing and measurements please let us hear about them.

Even the buffoon Obama uses standards for who can serve on his staff. Even if the only thing that comes from standardized tests is memorization how can that be a bad thing. Working ones memory exercises the brain and has been shown to increase learning skills.

It seems to me the problem is some lazy teachers do not want to be held accountable or to standards of education.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 104   End
TOPIC: Obama pushes universal preschool proposal