Obama pushes universal preschool proposal : Swingers Discussion 2170941091
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsObama pushes universal preschool proposal
TOPIC: Obama pushes universal preschool proposal
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   91 to 100 of 104   End
User Details are only visible to members.
By third grade all benefits of any child in Head Start is gone. They are all lagging behind. By the time they are of High School age 95%+ of all males that were in Head Start have dropped out of school. By the time they are 25 years old 95%+ of all males that were in Head Start are dead or in prison. You want to see a four year old that you can point out with 95%+ accuracy of growing up to be a gangster, and going to prison or be dead by the time he is 25. Point out any four year old male who is in Head Start.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
@ Sed.....totally agree. Passing them along in order to spare feelings and embarrassment is not the best life lesson. Do your work, study and pass or try again next year.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Cpl so I guess you have never made a mistake in a post. As far as putting a child in school when they are only four years old is a little extreme to me. If they want to have it available that is fine. Let the parents make up their own mind. The more you let the government control your daily life the more your freedoms slip away from you.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
All I want is for the No Child Left Behind to be abolished once and for all. I'm ok with everything else.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
Fact:

0 to 5 is the best time to teach kids multiple languages, to begin teaching them everything that you can. Parents use to read to their kids at this age, they no longer have the time to. (by the time my sisters and I were 6, we were reading the stories to our parents.)

Because business demands that parents work harder, longer and for less than what the generation before us would have been paid for the same work... The government ought to provide the alternative... More schooling.

This allows the parents the ability to work and not tend to a 3-5 year old. This enables the employer to work a parent sooner and for longer.

Personally I think school should be a year long thing, with fewer vacations and longer days.

The US ought to stop trying to be a global power, keep our nukes... Russia, china and anyone else, won't attack if we keep our weapons. But close down the Army side of the pentagon, beef up the national guard and reduce the marine, air force and Navy sides of the Pentagon.

It is true that a great many of our jobs are defense related. These cuts ought not happen over night, but slowly so to retool and reeducate the workers in the DoD to the DoE.

Research and development is never a bad thing and I have little problem in development of weapons... Sometimes you get some nifty civilian uses out of them.

Let regional powers tend to themelves and allow we the US to lick our wounds.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7366 posts)
I just can't help but laugh at the irony of someone who is clearly against early childhood education not knowing the difference between four and for.

And a huge lol @ the bonding argument. Reading between the lines, it sounds like someone has a problem with women in the workplace. After all, if they were home with the kids, they'd be bonding.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Why do conservatives have a problem with investing in our schools? It seems that everytime they want spending cuts they want to start with education.

Instead of spending the money to keep our kids competitive with students in the rest of the world, they want to spend the money on armed guards.

There are schools that have cut phys ed. When I was in school you couldn't pass if you failed gym. Now they don't even have to take it. Then wonder why there's a child obesity problem.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2676 posts)
Yeah. For year olds are the worst.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Well I guess one problem is putting a child in school when he is for years old. And we wonder why there is no family bonds any more.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Obviously any new program is going to cost money. But I have absolutely no problem at all with footing the bill for early childhood education and development. Besides, any debt accumulated as a result of making quality education more readily available is fine by me. Especially for early childhood education and development. It's like a student loan for the entire country.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   91 to 100 of 104   End
TOPIC: Obama pushes universal preschool proposal