Obama Raised Funds for Islamic Causes : Swingers Discussion 994581031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsObama Raised Funds for Islamic Causes
TOPIC: Obama Raised Funds for Islamic Causes
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 44   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Another Photo Of Obama In Muslim Garb? Here we go again. Maybe.

And, if it is real, it is once again from the Associated Press.

We are no African wardrobe experts, but Mr. Obama seems to be wearing either a dashiki or a boubou, with what would appear to be kufi hat.

http ://sweetness-light*com/archive/another-photo-of-obama-in-muslim-garb

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Barack Hussein Obama, born in Hawaii to a radical Muslim father and an atheist mother who divorced and married another radical Muslim who sent Hussein to a Muslim school.. Now he attends and is mentored by a black radical church who bestowed honors on Farrakhan(sp) a known racist and anti Semite. He accepts money, advice and comfort from a syrian crook indicted and going on trial in March, a man who supports the PLO and Ayers, who bombed the pentagon and NY police station and a weatherman who declared war against the USA...when you tell the story tell the WHOLE story!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
hussein is so far over his head...IF he gets the nomination he will be destroyed by his past drug abuse and association to crooks and terrorists.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Patogether:

Your cheap shot that Obama is not a real African American disgusts. Do you call Clarence Thomas a real African American or Condi Rice? What have they done more than Obama to fight for Civil Rights of African Americans?

By the way, what does it take to be a real, authentic white man in your book: Fighting to keep African Americans in segregation?

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
I would have to look a little closer at the principals involved. However, without a whole lot of research, here's my take.

Politicians have to kiss a lot of babies to be elected. They go to a lot of chicken dinners, make a lot of speeches, and generally do a lot to get their name out and raise money. And they don't always know, especially early in their careers, all the details of who they are with.

Bill Ayers, the "domestic terrorist" in the story, is a Professor of Education at the U of I in Chicago. As a student, he was a member of the Weather Underground, and participated in a number of bombings of government buildings. He has never officially disavowed his radical past, in fact being quoted as "I don't regret setting bombs; I feel we didn't do enough."

That being said, I have some people who I consider friends that are very conservative. I don't think any of you would call me a conservative. I have an ex brother-in-law who was in the Hitler Youth. I also have a friend who is a dyed in the wool Stalinist, but I wouldn't consider myself a Stalinist either.

You can't always judge people by the company they keep, especially when the company are peripheral acquaintances.

But get used to it with Mr. Obama. The slime machine will be going full force. You can already see it in Desty and Jack's posts.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
Continuation: Poly,

Here's more from Siegel's essay about what Obama is doing to quell Jewish fears and his positions on issues significant to Israel-Palestine relations, etc.

Spurred by the same concern, last week the former Israeli ambassador to Washington, Danny Ayalon, raised his voice in The Jerusalem Post, in an article titled “Who Are You, Barack Obama?”

Such comments have frustrated Obama aides, who complain that the candidate has repeatedly clarified the various issues about his personal connections as well as his policy positions, but that these efforts seem to gain little traction against the power of rumor and innuendo. Nevertheless, those efforts were made once again in this week’s conference call.....

Obama reiterated many of his longstanding pro-Israel positions, including the need for Hamas to recognize Israel’s right to exist as a precondition for talks, and his rejection of a literal Palestinian right of return. Asked about the peace process, Obama said the Palestinians had the responsibility to tamp down on violence before Israel made substantial concessions.

Palestinian leaders have to “get a hold of their security apparatus, to be able to crack down on terrorist activity, to root out the corruption,” he said. “Until the Israelis have some confidence that whatever is negotiated will actually be followed through on, I think it’s going to be difficult.”

When asked about his previous statements emphasizing the need for diplomatic engagement with Tehran, the senator first reaffirmed his understanding of the threats posed by the Iranians.

“Iran’s possession of nuclear weapons would not only be a threat to U.S. interests and destabilizing to the region but would also be an extraordinary threat to Israel,” he said, noting Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s Holocaust denial and his expressed wish that Israel did not exist. But Obama said that incentives, along with deterrence, are needed to deal with the regime.

“I also think we should be presenting carrots,” he said. “The key is to give Iranians incentives to behave differently.” The unwillingness to talk, he said, “empowered extremists like Ahmadinejad.”

Nevertheless, Obama has won backers from somewhat unexpected quarters. Martin Peretz, the hawkish editor-in-chief of the New Republic, endorsed Obama through his blog, The Spine, on January 25. Though motivated in large part by his well-known distaste for the Clintons, Peretz said he had been impressed by Obama’s “almost poetic vision and disciplined mind.”

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
ya lablu tbya, well not really but u know what i mean ;-)

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Poly, I've read the story you've cited from World News Net, and I'd say the story is filled with charges and allegations that Barack Obama would need to counter, and I'd certainly give him the chance to explain his side of the story and the nature of any appearances he made on behalf of a Palestinian refugee camp. Obama is being attacked and Swift Boated, and this may be another case, or there may be more innocent explanations for what he did.

What's vital to me is that Marty Peretz, editor in chief of The New Republica, a magazine that a long history of being pro-Israel and progressive, has endorsed Barack Obama. I doubt that Peretz would give his endorsement to Obama if he didn't feel trust in Obama's positions regarding Israel and the Palestinians.

This is from an essay from Forward: The Jewish Daily, by Jennifer Siegel:

"Nevertheless, Obama has won backers from somewhat unexpected quarters. Martin Peretz, the hawkish editor-in-chief of the New Republic, endorsed Obama through his blog, The Spine, on January 25. Though motivated in large part by his well-known distaste for the Clintons, Peretz said he had been impressed by Obama’s “almost poetic vision and disciplined mind.”

Here's some more from Siegel's essay on what Obama has said to quell Jewish fears, and we get stuff on Palestine-Israel straight from Obama's mouth.

From Forward: The Jewish Daily "As Campaign Surges, Obama Working to Quell Jewish Fears" By Jennifer Siegel Wed. Jan 30, 2008

....Immediately prior to accepting the endorsement of Senator Edward Kennedy on Monday afternoon in Washington, Obama conducted a conference call with Jewish reporters in an effort to dispel concerns on a number of issues, including his approach to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the views of his longtime pastor.

The timing of the call underscored a concerted attempt to capture Jewish voters in the run-up to the Super Tuesday primary contests.....

In recent weeks, even as the organized Jewish community has publicly combated a series of scurrilous personal falsehoods, more delicate questions about his [Obama's] views on the Middle East have animated Jewish leaders, spilling on to the pages of newspapers and into discussions among voters. Despite repeated efforts to reach out to the community — including the recent mobilization of some of his prominent Jewish supporters, such as Lee Rosenberg, a board member of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee — doubters have continued to make noise.

“The concern in the back of my mind is, ‘Is he going to be the next Jimmy Carter?’” said one prominent Jewish Democrat who spoke with Forward on the eve of the primary in New Hampshire, as he was grappling with the seeming implosion of the Clinton campaign. Emphasizing that he planned to support whoever became the party’s eventual nominee, the Democrat said he was uneasy about Obama’s emphasis of dialogue with Iran.

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
i love your genuine inquistiveness about posts, seriously.

most likely i took your post and inferred that you were implying that obama was "anti israel"... i dont think there has been any evidence to support that theory.

i just got home from work my brain is a lot slooooow

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
there is a game that was created with the idea that just about any actor or actress can be linked to the actor kevin bacon via 7 other movies. google it.

in utilizing that analogy i was trying to express the point (not so well obviously!) that i dont think you (general you) can make the leap that obama is anti israel or supportive, etc. by whatever rhetoric you hear out there or clips of speeches. obama is a highly intelligent, reasoned man and i would be shocked if he does not recognize israel's historic importance to the US going forward. in my humble opinion anyway..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 44   End
TOPIC: Obama Raised Funds for Islamic Causes