Obama Giving up on right leaning Whites : Swingers Discussion 2163001021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsObama Giving up on right leaning Whites
TOPIC: Obama Giving up on right leaning Whites
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 26 of 26 
User Details are only visible to members.
No...and that's not what I said You asked about Rooney's "takers" and i simply pointed out who the takers actually are. The point of my OP was that the Dems are right to stop trying to convert Wal-Mart Republicans. Some will come over on their own, like when for example, a tea party whack job wins a primary, and as time goes by and people are looking at a choice of Medicare or a coupon cutting program, others will drift to the center as well If you are not familiar with the Pre Wassermann Schultz DNC, they actually believed they could capture a large number of white Republicans, and they were encouraged by the 2008 elections. Congressman Wassermann Schultz is more realistic however, and has spilled the cold hard truth to the President that it is a pipe drem

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
Well, if a "right leaning white" is defined as "a white person who votes for Republicans"....

72% of the population is white. 59% of them voted for Romney. That's 42.5% of the population.

You're thinking all of them are rootin' tootin' Mountain Dew-swilling trailer trash from West Virginia?

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19148 posts)
Vabeachcouple...it's actually Romney's argument minus the inversion and projection. It's not 47%, but there is a permanent white underclass who are nearly a sure bet to vote GOP, and the tax vs take data I posted is accurate. The Irony and the difference is, Obama's policies benefit these people the most, even as they are the first to oppose them. Ever notice Republicans TALK a lot about cutting domest discretionary spending, but they never follow through? That's because a GOP congressman can NOT go home to his distinct and tell Billybob and Dakota that their food stamps and little Joe Bob's SSI check won't be coming this month.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
I dunno, we have quite a few Left leaning unteachable Caucasoids on these boards, OP included.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
How is that argument substantively different than Romney's oft-maligned "47%" comment?

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19148 posts)
nationaljournal dot com/magazine/why-obama-is-giving-up-on-right-leaning-whites-20130131

As a pretty significant contributor to Candidates, PACS and the DNC and DCCC, all I can say is...It's about time. Let's be Frank, Right leaning whites are the least teachable and most dug in demographic in America. Neither Obama or any Democratic candidate for state of national office (local and congressional would be the exceptions) should be spending a dime or an hour courting them. they know what they know and the facts don't interest them. The good news is, they don't need them. They now lack the numbers and clout to beat the new Democratic coalition of Minorities, progressives, Liberals, labor, educated whites, educated women and urban professionals

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 26 of 26 
TOPIC: Obama Giving up on right leaning Whites