Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Obama Cabinet Flunks Disclosure Test With 19 in 20 Ignoring Law
TOPIC: Obama Cabinet Flunks Disclosure Test With 19 in 20 Ignoring Law
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Start   61 to 70 of 121   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Carter sucked, Reagan turned it around

Clinton was good, but left in a recession

Bush had 7 good years, and most of the economies of the world took a dive in the last year/

Obama hasn't done shit to fix anything. He can't reach across the aisle. He's a weak leader. If you can't see that you're not worth talking to.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17466 posts)
Me to Perf, These fucking Idiots see that Obamass is making things worse everyday and is so on purpose, Muslim ties bigtime. I know OBAMASS Took a pretty fucked situation, But I also know he has done nothing except bring Entitlements to a record high and Unemployement also, Then to top it off is deep in bed with his Brothren the Muslims. People see and know that and a big part of them are fine with that, Well Im not.

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(5131 posts)
It is always someone elses fault. Never accept responsibilty. Never.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
"This country, which I love and consider the best place in the world to live which is why people will die to get here has been mismanaged for years and now all these hypocrites, who want to block President Obama at every turn, expect him to clean up this mess overnight. Give me a break."

This is the BS, the lack of logic, that keeps me away from the forums.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17466 posts)
Obama Administration Tells Contractors Facing Sequestration to Not Warn Employees About Potential Layoffs

Administration issued a memorandum (White House link) late Friday, instructing Federal contractors that they should not provide WARN Act notice to employees facing sequestration. The WARN Act is designed to protect “workers, their families, and communities by requiring most employers with 100 or more employees to provide notification 60 calendar days in advance of plant closings and mass layoffs.” This White House directive follows a July 30, 2012 guidance letter from Jane Oates an Assistant Secretary at the Department of Labor, who concluded that no notice was necessary, specifically stating “As long as the likelihood and timing of contract cancellations remains speculative, an employer is not obligated to provide WARN notifications.”

While the Department of Labor guidance was consistent with existing precedent, it seems to be inconsistent with The WARN Act Guide for Employers, issued by the Department of Labor. That guidance provides only three exceptions to a WARN Act notification. The exceptions are: 1) a faltering company that is actively seeking capital or business and believes notification would prevent it from obtaining such capital, 2) a natural disaster and 3) unforeseeable business circumstances. Unforeseeable business circumstances are defined as “a business circumstance that is caused by some sudden, dramatic, and unexpected action or conditions outside the employer’s control, like the unexpected cancellation of a major order.” None of these three exceptions seem to apply to sequestration. Therefore, at least according to the Department of Labor’s guidance for employers, WARN notifications would be appropriate in light of sequestration. Of course, the Guide is merely best practices, and is not a statement of the law.

If defense contractors were to issue WARN notifications, they would need to be issued just days before the election as the sequestration cuts would occur on January 1st (and the law requires at least 60 days notice). Any notifications would create a huge political risk for the Obama administration. According to a report in The Hill, this recent White House memorandum “raised the stakes” by telling “telling contractors that they would be compensated for legal costs if layoffs occur due to contract cancellations under sequestration — but only if the contractors follow the Labor guidance"

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
lqqk,

First off, which Party do I belong to? I think you are assuming the GOP. I'm sure you understand the downfall of assuming. Regardless, your predictions sound very similar to what the left was saying after the 2008 elections, and then we saw what happened in 2010. Sadly, owebama does stand a chance of winning, and ultimately destroying this country as we know it. Biggest problem is his supporters love what he is offering them, claiming to have somebody else pay for it. Uneducated voters will be the downfall of this country, but they do have the right to vote.

I will always opt for a balanced budget as opposed to growing record level deficits.

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(2381 posts)
$50,000 was a hypothetical figure. I feel your pain with respect to your house. I have no idea where I stand on that either but since I have no plans to sell, I am not bothered.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3985 posts)
BLT,

Where are you getting your numbers for credit card debt? I believe the average family cc debt is in the $15-16k range. I will stick with my don't buy if you can't afford, it keeps families and govt out of this mess owebama is making worse. Throwing money at a problem with no idea of a solution will only make it worse. And it is not that way today, people are still spending more than they should and then expect others to pay for their mistakes such as HARP. Nobody is offering me a cash amount for the loss of value in my house, I thought we all were suppose to receive a fair share?

How are we making a profit on GM?

General Motors Co. executives want the Treasury Department to sell its almost 27 percent stake in the company because, they say, the feds are hurting their image and government pay restrictions are chasing away top talent. But Treasury officials aren’t interested in selling because it would mean posting a multibillion dollar loss during an election year, the Wall Street Journal reports.

At GM’s Friday share price of $24.14, the U.S. would lose about $15 billion on the GM bailout if it sold its entire stake,” the Journal notes. “While GM stock would need to reach $53 a share for the U.S. to break even, Treasury officials would consider selling at a price in the $30s. ***Yep, only with obamanomics would that be making money.

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(2381 posts)
The Killing of Osama bin Laden goes in the "win" column for President Obama as will the election on November 6th. Hit me up on November 7th!

I was being modest with the example of a family having $50,000 worth of credit card debt. Many families have much more.

"If you can't afford it, don't buy it," we all know that that is not "The American Dream," which is based on the total opposite -- or at least it WAS back in the day. It's that way now due to the economy. I even had to stop buying the large Bounty papertowels with the designs which I love for a cheaper brand, that's my method of cutting back...LOL

GM now turning a profit and the auto industry getting back on track, and the country made money on the deal.

I think that there is something we can all agree on: Thank God for the USA where everyone can voice their opinion w/o getting their tongue cut out or killed.

One more day to the great debate.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3985 posts)
"You libs have an excuse for everything."

No excuse. The blame lies with the instigator. BHO did not start this mess and I'm sorry if he can't clean it up as fast as you like. By that same token, if Romney were to win, how long does the Left have before they can complain if nothing gets better. Six months, a year? Honestly this is a win win for the Left. I believe the policies put in place by the Left will eventually work. I believe if Romney wins his policies will tank the country and your party wont see the light again in your lifetime, if ever. Be very careful what you wish for.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4121 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Start   61 to 70 of 121   End
TOPIC: Obama Cabinet Flunks Disclosure Test With 19 in 20 Ignoring Law