Obama Cabinet Flunks Disclosure Test With 19 in 20 Ignoring Law : Swingers Discussion 209391
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsObama Cabinet Flunks Disclosure Test With 19 in 20 Ignoring Law
TOPIC: Obama Cabinet Flunks Disclosure Test With 19 in 20 Ignoring Law
Created by: Seduction4Two
Original Starting post for this thread:
On his first full day in office, President Barack Obama ordered federal officials to “usher in a new era of open government” and “act promptly” to make information public.

As Obama nears the end of his term, his administration hasn’t met those goals, failing to follow the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act, according to an analysis of open-government requests filed by Bloomberg News.

Nineteen of 20 cabinet-level agencies disobeyed the law requiring the disclosure of public information: The cost of travel by top officials. In all, just eight of the 57 federal agencies met Bloomberg’s request for those documents within the 20-day window required by the Act.

“When it comes to implementation of Obama’s wonderful transparency policy goals, especially FOIA policy in particular, there has been far more ‘talk the talk’ rather than ‘walk the walk,’” said Daniel Metcalfe, director of the Department of Justice’s office monitoring the government’s compliance with FOIA requests from 1981 to 2007.

The Bloomberg survey was designed in part to gauge the timeliness of responses, which Attorney General Eric Holder called “an essential component of transparency” in a March 2009 memo. About half of the 57 agencies eventually disclosed the out-of-town travel expenses generated by their top official by Sept. 14, most of them well past the legal deadline

Bloomberg reporters in June filed FOIA requests for fiscal year 2011 taxpayer-supported travel for Cabinet secretaries and top officials of major departments. Justice Department official Melanie Ann Pustay said in an interview that disclosure of those records is in the public interest.

Even agency heads who publicly announce their events -- including Holder, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius -- didn’t provide the costs of their out-of-town trips more than three months after the initial request.

“It’s ironic that the demands in the presidential campaign for Mitt Romney’s tax returns are unrelenting, but when it comes time to release the schedules for senior appointees there’s the same denial of access,” said Paul Light, a New York University professor who studies the federal bureaucracy.

“Over the past four years, federal agencies have gone to great efforts to make government more transparent and more accessible than ever, to provide people with information that they can use in their daily lives,” said White House spokesman Eric Schultz, who noted that Obama received an award for his commitment to open government. The March 2011 presentation of that award was closed to the press.

The travel costs generated by some other Obama officials --Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood, Energy Secretary Steven Chu, Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Lisa Jackson, and Homeland Security chief Janet Napolitano -- also remain undisclosed.

A request made in June for the travel records of Susan Rice, the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, will remain unfulfilled for more than a year, according to a federal official involved in the case.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 121   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"It is a plot, Nixon fucked Carter and the offspring was Barack, a crook, and a dumbass."

I'm sure they would be kept busy trying to figure out what kind of abortive creatures had to mate to beget the likes of you as well.... I know I'm at a loss.

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3591 posts)
" I would think that after the elections, win or lose you folks employment for posting here would be gone anyway."

Does this mean if I am here after the election I am a freelancer?

I really love this meme. It makes me want to start sending Mark messages that contradict each other just to make his head hurt more....

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3591 posts)
It is a plot, Nixon fucked Carter and the offspring was Barack, a crook, and a dumbass.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19366 posts)
*Of course, then the RNC would counter by hiring a few loonie lefties. Robert might pick up a few extra bucks. *

Just Robert?, LQQ, 8, Outdrone, etc....

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16528 posts)
I post as part of my civic duty.

O'Bama is the worst president since Carter, maybe worse than Jimma.

Tucson AZ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
"Yeah, because the DNC or RNC have money to pay anonymous posters to post on anonymous swingers boards... "

It would behoove the DNC to pay Mark and Mickey to post as conservatives on the broadest message boards possible; anyone tempted to vote Republican might have second thoughts about being allied with them. Of course, then the RNC would counter by hiring a few loonie lefties. Robert might pick up a few extra bucks.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
*I chose the former, at least till after the elections... I would think that after the elections, win or lose you folks employment for posting here would be gone anyway. Just saying. *

This is precisely why I never read your posts.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16528 posts)
"I would think that after the elections, win or lose you folks employment for posting here would be gone anyway."

Yeah, because the DNC or RNC have money to pay anonymous posters to post on anonymous swingers boards...

What a fucking idiot...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
I chose the former, at least till after the elections... I would think that after the elections, win or lose you folks employment for posting here would be gone anyway. Just saying.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Normally no tbr.

Sometimes you just need to draw a line or abandon the forums. I chose the former, at least till after the elections...

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3591 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 121   End
TOPIC: Obama Cabinet Flunks Disclosure Test With 19 in 20 Ignoring Law