Obama Administration Expected to Directly Aid Syria's Rebels : Swingers Discussion 2178501041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsObama Administration Expected to Directly Aid Syria's Rebels
TOPIC: Obama Administration Expected to Directly Aid Syria's Rebels
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   41 to 47 of 47 
User Details are only visible to members.
I thought the reasons for our budget problems was that tax rates were too low. Why aren't the tax increases for 2013 on higher incomes, dividends, inheritances and capital gains fixing anything?

It's not "cuts" at all, unless "reducing increases" counts as cuts. This bald faced lying is getting tiresome. All it is is capping growth.

Suppose we have a household budget of $50,000. I then budget for $60,000 next year. Then I decide it's going to be reduced to $55,000 instead. Is my year-to-year a 10% increase, or an 8% cut? Calling that an 8% cut is dishonest, but it's what is happening, and I am totally appalled at the way so many people are buying into it.

2012 spending (actual): $3.73 trillion 2013 spending (planned): $3.81 trillion 2013 spending w/ seq: $3.73 trillion

It's a freeze for one flippin' year, and the budget still increases year after year, just by slightly less than was planned. By 2021 the spending is $5.26 trillion instead of $5.41 trillion. This is *nothing*.

The individual department "cuts" are broad and indiscriminate, but individual departments have high levels of control about how to apply them.

The sky is going to fall over a cut of ZERO from one year to the next? Millions of jobs lost? If this was logically sensible the "stimulus" of $800 billion in 2009 should have brought us far more jobs than we knew what to do with and fixed everything.

It's hogwash. Bullshit. Everyone in politics knows it. I am so flummoxed by the news coverage I am seeing on it and the President going around moaning about how we're completely fucked unless we give him everything he wants that I am just burned out.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18820 posts)
Still if we have no money for our own needs why send money to a bunch of Muslims.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Nke:

I agree, but it is what it is and sadly I don't think things will change much.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7261 posts)
Wouldn't happen if the republicans would quit holding the country hostage with their partisan bullshit.

But what else is new. That's all they've done since Obama was elected...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2640 posts)
I am against becoming involved in other peoples wars, more so when we have no say in their government.

I wouldn't want another nation backing rebels in the US against my nation's government... I can at the least expect the same level of respect in return?

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7261 posts)
ROME (AP) — The Obama administration said Thursday that it will provide the Syrian opposition with an additional $60 million in assistance and — in a significant policy shift — will for the first time provide nonlethal aid like food and medical supplies to rebels battling to oust President Bashar Assad. U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry announced the new support and the decision to back the rebel fighters on the sidelines of an international conference on Syria in Rome, where European nations were also expected to signal their intention to provide fresh assistance to the opposition, possibly including defensive military hardware. "No nation, no people should live in fear of their so-called leaders," Kerry said. He said the U.S. decision is designed to increase the pressure on Assad to step down and pave the way for a democratic transition. The aid is also intended to help the opposition govern newly liberated areas of Syria and blunt the influence of extremists. Kerry said Assad "is out of time and must be out of power." "For more than a year, the United States and our partners have called on Assad to heed the voice of the Syrian people and to halt his war machine," Kerry said. "Instead, what we have seen is his brutality increase." Kerry added, "The United States' decision to take further steps now is the result of the brutality of superior armed force propped up by foreign fighters from Iran and Hezbollah." Washington has already provided $385 million in humanitarian aid to Syria's war-weary population and $54 million in communications equipment, medical supplies and other nonlethal assistance to Syria's political opposition. The U.S. also has screened rebel groups for Turkey and American allies in the Arab world that have armed rebel fighters. But until now, no U.S. dollars or provisions have gone directly to rebel fighters, reflecting concerns about forces that have allied themselves with more radical Islamic elements since Assad's initial crackdown on peaceful protesters in March 2011. "Given the stakes, the president will now extend food and medical supplies to the Syrian opposition, including the Supreme Military Council," Kerry said Thursday. The $60 million will go to Assad's political opposition. U.S. officials said the rations and medical supplies will be delivered to the rebels through their military council, and is to be distributed only to carefully vetted members of the Free Syrian Army. The U.S. will be sending technical advisers to the Syrian National Coalition offices in Cairo to oversee and help them spend the money for good governance and rule of law. The advisers will be from non-governmental organizations and other groups that do this kind of work.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
They are getting ready to lay off Government workers. Cut programs for kids and public safety just to name a few,but we have money to send aid to Syria. Go figure.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   41 to 47 of 47 
TOPIC: Obama Administration Expected to Directly Aid Syria's Rebels