OWS - Thuggies : Swingers Discussion 2161301041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsOWS - Thuggies
TOPIC: OWS - Thuggies
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   41 to 50 of 55   End
User Details are only visible to members.
*Seduction4Two, do you know the exact nature of the disabilities suffered by those people in wheelchairs? Is it possible that even while gripped with some manner of disability, they still have opinions and beliefs...and wish to have a voice regarding those beliefs?*

The group was in wheel chairs, they had 4 aides with them. There was 11 of them. When I tried to interview them, I was told that they're not able to speak read write or respond in any fashion. I held the hands of one, the one that you saw in the photo. I tried to speak with him, but one of the aides said that the group is suffering from complete retardism. That they're not able to read, write, and have to be fed and helped with everything from dressing, to going to the bathroom including hygiene. That, is taking advantage of other people. The people who decided to use this group are no different than those they're protesting against.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17050 posts)
Seduction4Two, do you know the exact nature of the disabilities suffered by those people in wheelchairs? Is it possible that even while gripped with some manner of disability, they still have opinions and beliefs...and wish to have a voice regarding those beliefs? During Occupy, I met a few disabled people who couldn't move around on their own or speak very well...but they were 100% willing and dedicated to being out there. And if -even if- someone did bring someone disabled and throw a sign on them...how does that discolor the entire movement?

justus70, are you talking to me in regards to the fracking? If so, yes I've done my research on it. It's a complicated issue and there are merits to it; a chance at reducing our oil dependency being the highest on that list in my opinion. I just don't believe that those merits outweigh the massive environmental damage caused by the process.

Easton PA
Username hidden
(79 posts)
Damn yall,,No offence but Robert you talk nothing but SHIT!!! Seriously dude you are one fu--ed up person 27 years old. GET A FUCKING REAL JOB,,Oh did you see the real info on fracking? Probly not!!!!!

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(5103 posts)
"I don't know what any photo could possibly prove ulterior motives, and I think the eventual work of the group outshines any individual desires an 'organizer' may have had."

Placing mentally retarded people in wheel chairs, who drool all over themselves, unable to speak, shaking, can't read or write with propaganda signs around their necks can easily be seen as *ulterior motive.*

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17050 posts)
Thank you for the greeting, Robert!

Seduction4Two, the nature of OWS is such that individual encampments operated all but autonomously. There was a common 'foe', so to speak, and common themes...but it didn't take long at all for various cities to begin focusing on things that mattered to them in a local sense. A great number of PA and NJ camps put up a fight against fracking, for example. Being 'disorganized' was the nature of the beast and any centralized vision would have been rejected by a group that prided itself on being leaderless and working via group consensus. I don't know what any photo could possibly prove ulterior motives, and I think the eventual work of the group outshines any individual desires an 'organizer' may have had.

As far as homeless being turned away, was this done at every camp? Several large-city encampments nearly collapsed because they were putting all their money and resources into feeding and sheltering the huge number of homeless who showed up, and even our fairly small camps welcomed homeless. I'm sure you can find stories of a city or two where the homeless were turned away, but does that tarnish the entire movement?

Easton PA
Username hidden
(79 posts)
**I don't think anyone was really 'taken for a ride', though. We worked very closely with people from Philly and NYC and I never got the impression of anything particularly shady going on in terms of ulterior motives or sinister intent.**

I don’t think that anyone suggested anything about sinister or ulterior motives. Though now that you are mentioning it, I would say that based on some of the itnerviews that I conducted and photos that I shot, there were indeed ulterior motives on the part of the organizers. I’ll email you a link to the blog and photos, I’ll let you determine if some of these photos attest to my claim.

** But saying 'we are the 99%' kinda meant we couldn't start closing our doors to them, ya know?**

In some cases the doors were closed. Remember the homeless people that came for food who were turned away?

**I do think a lot of the 'hipster' crowd that started flooding NYC damaged our diversity overall. Early on, a lot of the media painted us as a bunch of spoiled rich kids throwing a misguided hissy...and that turned off a variety of demographics. It's a shame it went down that way, but I still don't feel any less proud for having been part of it.**

What damaged the OWS movement was the lack of focus, the lack of centralized vision, the inability to unify everyone to focus on the message. It was the most disorganized chaos in modern American history.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17050 posts)
" ... that they are poor, that they are the 99%. "

First indication I've seen that all but the top 1% are "poor", to some. Such gaps in understanding, whenever they are revealed, are still enlightening.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Greetings jimmy and welcome to the waste lands known as Sls's political fourms. Enjoy your stay, for however long it might be. I look forward to seeing your post and views on subjects.

Seeing as you appear well educated and seem to write clearly, I'll leave you to decide without my biased views over who to listen to and who not to.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7684 posts)
Sedu:

Reread the artical. It stated that a good amount of them were either editing a middle class life style and attending college, or were employed and on the verge of losing their middle class jobs. It also said that many were burdened with excessive college debt.

There is no excuse for a four year college degree to have anyone in debt for 20 years. Not at a middle class job... Yet that is what many college students are facing.

So unlike you, we preemtively struck back against the greed of wall street. The greed which has trapped the wealth of this nation into the hands of a few and out of the hands of the many. You are not robber Barron's, you are not kings and lords to live so removed from the rest of the public and your failure to accept the reality that your greed will destroy yiur way of life has fueld groups like OWS.

Worst for you, we are educated. Bumper sticker slogans and short sighted ideals of individualism will not confuse or blind the majority of us from tearing down your castles one election cycle after another.

With the election victories will come the 2nd and 10th amendments as we will turn to a centeralized government to beat you into submission. This is yet a fate which maybe avoided if you on the right act now.

Reduce your own wealth, accept as we have come to accept a lower standard of living, accept that you have been wrong and share the wealth, provide all forms of medical care, education benefits within you company which advances the career fields along the careers chain.

Until a four year degree ensures repayment of college debt in 10 years for most fields, until our students are properly educated by our public education systems in career field choices and the life styles they must accept for said fields, until those applying themselves to their craft need not worry about illness and or feeding their children... Expect our army of enlightened liberals to grow.

More over, the illegals are breeding us a new second flank as we speak. That 10-20 million illegal aliens that you righties refuse to accept as citizens are having kids which are US citizens and those kids have suffered at the hands of the right.

If the number of illegals are 10 millions, then the army is 12 million strong by 2020. Gun control might cost us 2016... But 2020 will be the democrats raign again.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7684 posts)
I was heavily involved in my local OWS groups, starting one succesful group/encampment and spending a lot of time at a neighboring one along with encouraging local networking, etc.

The issue of diversity did come up often, and it was something we racked our brains about at more than one GA. The people who came up to talk to us or even donate water/blankets/etc tended to be very diverse, but our 'core' groups rarely were. We tried some different types of outreach, but we didn't have the numbers that the big city groups had and couldn't really pull focus from simple survival of the encampment and 'direct actions' like marches, sign-holding, etc.

I don't think anyone was really 'taken for a ride', though. We worked very closely with people from Philly and NYC and I never got the impression of anything particularly shady going on in terms of ulterior motives or sinister intent. There were plenty of people who didn't really care/know about our cause floating around, of course, and the obligatory crowd who saw our camps as just a cool hangout or preach their long-winded discourses on overthrowing the government and the new world order and all kinds of stuff. But saying 'we are the 99%' kinda meant we couldn't start closing our doors to them, ya know?

I do think a lot of the 'hipster' crowd that started flooding NYC damaged our diversity overall. Early on, a lot of the media painted us as a bunch of spoiled rich kids throwing a misguided hissy...and that turned off a variety of demographics. It's a shame it went down that way, but I still don't feel any less proud for having been part of it.

Easton PA
Username hidden
(79 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   41 to 50 of 55   End
TOPIC: OWS - Thuggies