OWS - Thuggies : Swingers Discussion 2161301011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsOWS - Thuggies
TOPIC: OWS - Thuggies
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   11 to 20 of 55   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Vacp, you seem to be under the impression that everyone involved with Occupy had no job. This wasn't the case. I get the standard "pull up yer bootstraps and deal with it" argument you're making at those who weren't working, as poor as it is...but what about the rest?

What about the people who had two or three jobs and were protesting the fact that they have two or three jobs and could barely make ends meet, while an elite group of bankers got to play roulette with our economy and saw no punishment when they finally lost a ton of our money?

I like your idea of "you should have friends and family take care of you if you get old/ill", though. Good thinkin. If I have a stroke someday, I'll just call up the dude I play xbox with a lot and ask for a few hundred grand to pay for everything, then see if he's willing to quit his job to be one of my caretakers.

Easton PA
Username hidden
(79 posts)
Well I guess you have no friends. They will also help you out in hard times. We already have a Social Service programs for the needy and sick. I do think you are missing my point that I was trying to make. If you are of able body and mind you can work and provide for yourself or your family. I know of several people that work two jobs to do this. No it is not in the field that they are trained in. They do it out of pride to be able to provide food and shelter for their family.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
"As far as getting sick or getting old that is what family is for. "

Alrighty, then. What about people who have no family, or who have themselves been taking care of family -- and then they are stricken?

In the Great Depression, whole families in Arkansas were starving. Politicians in Washington didn't believe it -- "starving" just means hungrier than usual, doesn't it?

FDR made the case that as a civilized country, we can't let our fellow citizens suffer and die this way, as long as some of us have some means to help. Thus was welfare born.

In the 1930s, we were more civilized than we'd been in the Dark Ages; and we're now more civilized still. At least most of us are, most of the time.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Robert I hope it may help you understand why I feel the way I do. Yes automotive electronic tech. is my primary field. Includes drive train,chassis ,body or any other electronics system on board

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Vacp:

Automotive technection?

The weapons part makes me think the national guard... Where you became one of the extremely lucky guardsmen to obtain a technection slot... Or your MOS gave you the skills for an employer to hire you.

But at the least you answered the question... Somewhat.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7701 posts)
Robert, Well after working as a nuclear engineer for 30 years I would hope that they would have saved their money and was able to retire and live very comfortable. So your saying that only under or uneducated people do Blue collar work. I would like to see you do my job for one day. My main skill set is working on electronics on the vehicles that you drive everyday.That is were my training has be focused. I am also trained on weapons were I can also make a good living if the auto industry take a shit.Am skilled with machine shop work as well as welding ,so as far as being an angry blue collar worker far from that. And as far as your far out of space example of a concrete cutter being a doctor you are grasping for straws. Outdoors, As far as getting sick or getting old that is what family is for. I help my Mother out as she is almost 80yo. Even animals in the wild that live in a family setting (apes,elephants etc) try to take care of the sick and old.That is all part of the adapt and overcome part of life. You adjust and do what you have to do for your family. Just like doing a job that you may feel is below you.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Outdoor:

I have a better one for him.

Would he want a doctor who has trained as a concrete cutter to preform operations on his daughter?

How about someone with bad eye sight as a result if obtaining skills as an ark welder, performing medical test on his daughter?

These professions require honed skills which do not cross over into other trades... So to have a professional level training and experience.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7701 posts)
"The strong will survive while the weak will fall.It has been like that for 1000's of years. "

A serious question: When someone in your family falls ill or grows old, do you state this as your approach?

If it's you who falls ill or grows old, do you hope your family will leave you in the woods for the proverbial wolves?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Vacp:

Oh how cute... Do you really think that?

Some facts, a nuclear engineer has spent 30 years studying and forging their minds into designing nuclear related parts... Their craft are so specific it would be impossible for them to be productive for a roofing company to expect them to work on a productive scale against an uneducated or under educated person.

You are speaking like an angry blue collar worker who doesn't understand human psycology and mental development. This isn't an insult as much as an observation of why you aren't able to understand why what you want isn't possible.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7701 posts)
That is why we have training programs. Let them learn a new way to make a living. I don't fell sorry for people that don't want to go from having a nice soft office job and having to learn how to do hard work to make a living.My point is if you want to survive in this world you must able to adapt and overcome. It's called evolution.The strong will survive while the weak will fall.It has been like that for 1000's of years.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   11 to 20 of 55   End
TOPIC: OWS - Thuggies