Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics OOOPPPSSS Nappy
TOPIC: OOOPPPSSS Nappy
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 153   End
User Details are only visible to members.
JNM wrote:

"I think it's a moot point now since one by one the sponsors are jumping ship. P&G, AXP, GM. etc I can't see the guy staying on because the sponsor won't support the broadcast." ----------------------------------------------------- I concur. For the last two days I have been hearing that a large part of the sponsors who buy time during Imus's program are canceling. This is coming not only from news reports i.e., ABC, NBC, CNN etc., but from sports programs as well, NFL Network, Rome is Burning, Sportscenter etc. If these reports are true and these sponsors continue to cancel, I do think that Imus will not be renewed. He may come back after his two week suspension, but my understanding is his contract is up before 2008. I would not be surprised to see him quietly let go.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"Since Sirius and XM are merging you'll hear them all anyway"

The political hacks? Nah. I just listen to Stern's channels and the commercial free music. I don't get into listening to the political bullcrap channels.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
Since Sirius and XM are merging you'll hear them all anyway

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
And if by some snowball's chance in hell he does get canned, he be on sattelite radio back up and in force by Memorial day. I only listen to Sirius sattelite radio these days anyway, because I'm tired of political hacks, religious zealots and opportunists telling me what I can and can not listen to.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
The "free market" isn't going to remove Imus. The "free market" will guarantee that he stays, because he is a money maker for his bosses and because most people are apathetic on this issue. It is only the political hacks and opportunists trying to make a big deal out of a non-issue. In two weeks this whole incident will pass by the wayside and be all forgotten. Imus will be back to business as usual, probably with a few extrat listeners to boot. Even bad publicity is still publicity.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
I do not believe he should be removed from the radio, but that a free market should hold him accountable; he or anyone else who states such narrow minded views and comments. Free Enterprise resulted in Ann Coulter being dropped from several newspapers, etc. Sponsors, readers and viewers/listeners threatened or did pull their ads or stop buying newspapers from those who employed her. Sponsors and listeners should be allowed to make the same choice with Imus. A Free Market will almost always remove people like Imus.

But would they have left with out the outcry from all communities? So he has done it before and no one sceamed and still sponsered and now all are pulling out.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
wnt2 I never said or implied that Imus was right. I said his statement was protected by the Constitution. I also asked why others (Sharpton/Jackson) have said racist remarks and hide behind the Constitution and then want Imus fired for exercising the same right. I also said that Imus will eventually learn that there IS a price for his Free Speech.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Don Imus has as much right to be a exposed through his own words, just as Bill Maher, Ann Coulter, Rosie O'Donnell, Michael Savage etc., were exposed. I concur that free speech is the core issue and as much as I despise Imus and what he said, the market is what should or should not silence him. A little research demonstrates that Imus has repeatedly made derogatory comments over his long career and has now, again, exposed his stupidity and racist views.

As the NAACP, Juan Williams on NPR and others have pointed out Imus has personally held these views and let them slip out in public over the last 30 years. He just did it again.

I do not believe he should be removed from the radio, but that a free market should hold him accountable; he or anyone else who states such narrow minded views and comments. Free Enterprise resulted in Ann Coulter being dropped from several newspapers, etc. Sponsors, readers and viewers/listeners threatened or did pull their ads or stop buying newspapers from those who employed her. Sponsors and listeners should be allowed to make the same choice with Imus. A Free Market will almost always remove people like Imus.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source ho 2 (hō) Pronunciation Key n. pl. hos Slang A prostitute.

[African American Vernacular English, alteration of whore.]

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
It's not a matter of whether Imus was right or wrong in saying what he said. It is a matter of his *right* to say anything whether or not he's right or wrong for saying it.

I don't think Imus' comment was right or wrong. I just think he was trying to be humorous for *his* audience. Let's face it, people who are easily offended by such comments don't listen to Imus, so none of them heard the comment the moment he made it. They only heard it after the umpteen-billionth time it was replayed on the media echo-chamber by politcal opportunists trying to make it an issue.

Frankly, I think Imus was trying to pay a compliment to the Rutgers team. He was trying to say they were one tough group of bitches and therefore deserved to win. Can I say bitches? Are the politically correct thought police going to harangue me now?

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 153   End
TOPIC: OOOPPPSSS Nappy