Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics OOOPPPSSS Nappy
TOPIC: OOOPPPSSS Nappy
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 153   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Consider it done!!

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
So the lewdness in rap musuc is the white man's fault!!!

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
edwards styles his hair "like a woman"?? cmon man, u have to get out of ohio for a bit!!!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Should Don Imus be reprimanded in some way for his actions? Sure!

But his detractors have gone to far and now MSNBC has fired him. Do I feel sorry for him? No. I am equally irritated by the destructive behavior of his detractors.

His detractors should have considered the the harm they did by stepping up to the Bully Pulpit. If the Imus Ranch fails as a result of all this then there is no love or respect in my heart for anyone involved.

I despise and loath anyone who brings harm to children directly or indirectly. As time goes on lets see who does the right thing by these kids, and not contradict their so-called professed public moralities.

Punish the Iman but keep your actions in check if it's gonna hurt those kids!!!

Grantham NH
Username hidden
(1470 posts)
"Speaking of left wing...You do know that McGruder (the boondocks creator), preaches this notion ALL the time. I love that show. Did you also know that he's VERY VERY VERY left poltically. In fact, he goes farther than most on people like Condi Rice. She's not just an Uncle Tom (okay, I guess that would be Aunt Jemina) to him, she's a "murderer" (his word) because of some the actions of her ex-Chevron co-workers."

After you eat corn you can find kernels of it in your shit. The same can be said for the truth coming out the mouth of someone full of it. He has an off the wall view of his country and the world but he does hit the nail on the head when it comes to the black community. The "R Kelly episode" comes to mind too.

And as far as me being a Neocon.........I don't like Rush, Ann Coulter, or Shawn Hannity. I do like Bill O'Reilly, but no Neocon would consider him one as well. I might agree with a conservative position 80 to 90 percent of the time, mostly because Liberals have more San Francisco and New York City values than values that reflect how I was raised. I consider myself independent.

I support the firing of Imus. It's something that's in my gut. I don't like him to begin with so I am a little bias, but I feel that if someone slanders someone to that degree, especially if they are just ordinary people and not public figures, then they should pay a price. His words may follow these girls for years, You know how people can be in school. I am sure they have had to put up with the stares and snide remarks made behind their backs. For a young person this can multiply the damage done to their psyche. Look I'm aware that we all have the freedom of speech. But I think that there are some clear limits. People worry about the "slippery slope" every time someone crosses the line. That doesn't excuse the fact that they did "Cross the line". I think the public has spoken, and the advertisers listened. And of course MSNBC listened to their pimps and pulled the plug. Maybe somewhere down the road he will be back on TV, but for now I think he should pay a high price for those words. Just My Opinion. I would fire his ass if he worked for me.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
"Please stop making these people think that Ricky Smiley is some relevant political voice. He's a comedian, not a pundit in any stretch of his or your imagination."

Actually here in the DFW he is considered an "Activist" he helped organized a march in Paris, TX for a teen wrongly convicted and sentenced to 7 years for "allegedly" pushing a teacher's aid. The girl was released thanks to his efforts and the efforts of the local NAACP. He has been involved in lots of charity drives for the homeless and just about any black political event in the DFW. What you see on TV isn't the whole picture when it comes to Mr. Smiley. He's still further left than you are though YY, in fact he predicted a "Race War" within the next 10 years. I wonder what would have happened if a white DJ in a similar sized market would have said that?

"I reject this WHOLE notion that blacks bear the large portion of the responsibility for the content of rap. Why? Because if EVERY black consumer boycotted rap today, it might hurt the record companies A LITTLE, but the VAST, OVERWHELMING majority is, was, and always has been bought by WHITE consumers. The INDUSTRY is controllled by corporation interests (many Jewish like all other media), with a few black "opportunists" mixed in."

Ok........do you honestly believe if the black community stopped supporting Gansta Rap, that it would be able to survive? White kids only like it because blacks do. If Blacks turn their backs on it, and embrace a more positive message, then Whites will start buying the same clothes and listening to the same music, because Blacks in this country are the most popular trend setters. Blues music, Rock and Roll, shit fuckin' peanut butter......Now don't get offended my "lighter hue" friends. It's just the way I see it. White kids have been in love with black culture for a very long time. " That's bullshit. They speak all the time. They are not heard because they don't have as much money as the rappers do.:"

Oh they speak.....when white folks ain't around. But a white person like O'Reilly bring up Gansta Rap and you have our so called black leaders stepping to it's defense or using "Yeah but....._______" A) Past Racism; B) Slavery; C) Social Racism; or D) some other bullshit to justify or excuse the behavior. They do occasionally preach against the culture of ignorance within Black Churches, however many of our Black Churches are watering down that message in order to appeal to the younger generation. I stand by my belief that we need a real confrontation between responsible, proud, intelligent blacks and those who wallow in ignorance and self hate. We have yet to see that on a significant level. More neighborhoods need to take to the streets and protest against those who hold their neighborhoods hostage. I would love to see the "Black Panther" party get back into the business of patrol the streets and confronting drug dealers and gang bangers. This isn't happening, or it doesn't happen often enough to make a real difference. I like Chris Rock's attitude about the culture of ignorance. Remember that stand routine he did where he talked about black people and "niggers"? That was some real shit......

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Oh don't get me wrong Angel, It is bullshit, but that is what "nappy head" refers to.

Cape Girardeau MO
Username hidden
(397 posts)
"So what X-actly was the racial part of the insult?? The Ho's (I've seen plenty of white ho's ) or the nappy headed? (You should see my fracking hair when i get outta bed around noon)

I'm unclear on what exactly was the racial slur myself...?? "

Nappy headed is considered to be and insult to Black folks who don't have "good" hair. It tends to be directed at Darker skinned Blacks.

They compared the Rutgers girls to the Tennessee and the Jiggaboo's Vs the Wannabes in the Spike Lee movie School Daze. (they got the name of the movie wrong) Something like Imus: The Tennessee girls were cute but the Rutgers girls were ugh, Like that Spike Lee movie.

Lackey: like the Jiggaboos vs the wannabees.

Imus: Yeah like that.

Basicly it's saying that dark skinned can't be beautiful.

Cape Girardeau MO
Username hidden
(397 posts)
Recent announcement: MSNBC which televises Imus's radio show early in the morning has announced they are dropping same. MSNBC cites viewer letters and reactions, as well as the large amount of sponsors who are canceling their advertisements on the Imus show, as the primary reasons.

I guess the free market has spoken.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"I don't understand what this kerfuffle is all about. Who cares what a douchebag like Imus says? He gains instant credibility with this 24/7 news coverage. 95% of America never heard of this asshole until now." ---------------------------------------------------------------- That is a perspective that I did not even think of....but so true. Many people never even knew who Imus was until now. Good point, Akron!

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 153   End
TOPIC: OOOPPPSSS Nappy