Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics OOOPPPSSS Nappy
TOPIC: OOOPPPSSS Nappy
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 153   End
User Details are only visible to members.
The corporations only care about making money. Until the culture changes or threatens their bottom line, then then they have no "Logical" incentive to change. You can't ask a machine to have a heart. That's what corporations are, machines that make money for their stock holders. Until the African American community comes together to totally ostracize music that claims to depict the "real life" of African Americans living in the "hood", then we won't see any change. Their music might represent barely 1% of African Americans. Even then they fail to represent "ganstas", most "ganstas" are chronically broke and in and out of jail. The music videos you see are all bullshit fantasy, how's that keeping it real? I found "Hustle & Flow" to be a more realistic portrayal of someone living a life of crime. These "Studio Ganstas" are a discredit to 99% of African Americans who work for a living. Who pay taxes. Who want to raise their kids to be respectful and proud of their herritage. Many Rappers today degrade our people worst than the KKK ever could. It's a damn shame that people around the world only see the African American community through the lens of the Entertainment industry. That's what really bothers me. Hell even Africans don't generally associate with African Americans, imagine that! Africans have a problem with our culture! That should be a wake up call, but sadly I don't think it's going to happen for a long time......

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Excerpt from Rolling Stone Magazine 1997. Interview with Ohio University's Student Newspaper for Black History Month:

"ROC: What's up with the story about you guys being dropped or leaving Warner Brothers, what's the true story?"

"ICE-T: Right, we wasn't fired or dropped. Every time I run into any kind of drama, the press likes to try to make me look bad or humiliate me, like when we pulled the record, all my true friends knew it was a decision we did just to end that whole bullshit issue and move on."

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
He stated that when he "started out" with Warner he was not censored..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Here is what Ice T said... But what happened was when the cops moved on Body Count they issued pressure on the corporate division of Warner Brothers, and that made the music division, they couldn't out-fight 'em in the battle, so even when you're in a business with somebody who might not wanna censor you, economically people can put restraints on 'em and cause 'em to be afraid. I learned that lesson in there, that you're never really safe as long as you're connected to any big corporation's money.

i am not sure i truly believe him that he was not dropped. u have to take everything a rapper says with a grain of salt when it comes to street cred.

still the point is that if the corporations would pressure the rappers a change could happen..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Also. Ice-T was not "fired or dropped" by Warner Brothers for his lyrics. Ice-T himself did an interview for Black History month with a University paper (cannot remember which one) that appeared in Rolling Stone magazine. Ice-T states the myth or "street cred" of his being fired by Warner Brothers is BS. He left voluntarily as he wanted to move on. It had nothing to do with his lyrics and he even states in the interview that Warner Brothers DID NOT try to censor him. Ice-T says the story is folk lore.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Shabaz is the same individual that convicted, without a trial, the Duke students of rape and now still convicts them claiming a "white power" conspiracy and cover up.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
good post YY, an example of that is when Ice-T was dropped from Warner Bros, i believe, over the cop killer controversy. if the same thing happened now we certainly would see or least hear, less outrageous lyrics...

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Let's see how long his "Crusade" against the music industry lasts.........but did anyone see the fight between Malkin and that Shabaz guy on O'reilly?Man that guy was really out of line......I thought he might have been YY for a sec.......but then I said to my self that YY has a lot more sense than this guy.......

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Al Sharpton was on Oprah today (4/16) and takes credit for PRESSURING companies to pull their ads from the Imus Show.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
country music = comedy right??? haha

ducks and runs

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 153   End
TOPIC: OOOPPPSSS Nappy