Nurse Suing Hospital for Discrimination for Barring Black Nurses from Treating Patient : Swingers Discussion 2174001031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsNurse Suing Hospital for Discrimination for Barring Black Nurses from Treating Patient
TOPIC: Nurse Suing Hospital for Discrimination for Barring Black Nurses from Treating Patient
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 49   End
User Details are only visible to members.
NorCa,

Would you please answer my question in the China thread.

Thanks.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(16553 posts)
vabeach I would bring the LE in from second one and have them contact child protective services at the first hint or indication of any action that was not in the best interests of the child. The whole plan is about first responsibilities and then loyalties. First responsibility is to the patient and this type of open racism can not be allowed to have any impact on that patient or any other patient in the hospital. That baby is entitled to the best nursing available and I would have to believe that would be provided by those nurses who are, and have been, doing that work in that speciality. Moving nurses around a hospital will cause ripples that affect other patients and staff and not in good ways. My second responsibility is to my staff, cut and dried. I will not support them in or allow an illegal act but I will support them in every minute of them doing their job in all the right ways. My attitude about confrontational racism is that I will not and do not accept it or excuse it for any reason at any time. Period. My last responsibility in this is to the racist asshole dad and if he didn't like it he can move the child at his expense with the supervising of CPS and local LE. If he wants to make it a fight he can fight with them while the hospital staff gives the best treatment they can to his child. He will loose in the end, maybe even his child.

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
What?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19583 posts)
Yes, on Fox. Like the Baldwin story being front page "news". I thought they don't care would celebs do.... Unless its Clint Eastwood or Regan....

Amarillo TX
Username hidden
(2105 posts)
Yes, on Fox. Like the Baldwin story being front page "news". I thought they don't care would celebs do.... Unless its Clint Eastwood or Regan....

Amarillo TX
Username hidden
(2105 posts)
I don't know what to think. I never had a male gyn for instance. Why? because I feel more comfortable with a woman. I would imagine many men feel more comfortable with a male urologist.

It's sticky for sure. But I believe that had the hospital chose option #1, there wouldn't be too many issues.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(16553 posts)
If a black woman requested only black nurses would this even be a story?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17025 posts)
Well, in any case, your decision to keep the hospital staff *in general* away unless they are needed is not a discriminatory decision and I don't think it's really the same kind of case.

I also, however, see this as the hospital having an interest in protecting their staff from hostile environments by keeping them away from assholes.

Going a step further - patients request to be only visited by female or male nurses or doctors all the time for various reasons, and hospitals generally comply. Isn't this discriminatory in almost the same way?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19583 posts)
I brought my own medical team both times, my own doctor, a midwife a nurse.

Why go to the hospital?

#1- in case something goes wrong #2- so that you're never alone. Ever been next to a birthing woman in a maternity ward? if so, have you noticed just how much attention she's getting from the general nurse on duty?

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(16553 posts)
If you bring along your own medical team, why even go to a hospital?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19583 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 49   End
TOPIC: Nurse Suing Hospital for Discrimination for Barring Black Nurses from Treating Patient