Nurse Suing Hospital for Discrimination for Barring Black Nurses from Treating Patient : Swingers Discussion 2174001021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsNurse Suing Hospital for Discrimination for Barring Black Nurses from Treating Patient
TOPIC: Nurse Suing Hospital for Discrimination for Barring Black Nurses from Treating Patient
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   21 to 30 of 49   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I will promise you this:

You have no idea what kind of legal holy hell you can bring upon yourself as a hospital if you refuse treatment to anyone for any reason.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18793 posts)
As far as the nurse suing the hospital, I cannot see it going anywhere. There was no negligence on their part, and no financial damages. The nurse was not fired from her job, and probably still had it until the suit. If this a State University hospital then the fathers freedom of speech also falls into the mix.

The whole thing is outright dumb. I would imagine that both the nurse and the father are democrats. They need to have a beer with Obama, kiss and make up.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
The guy is a asshole, but this falls into the same category as "you have to screw me because". Unless the court steps in he is the guardian, and under patient rights he can allow or disallow an any basis he chooses. The hospitals only choice is to trespass him and his family and refuse service. Unless they wish to take it before a judge, and then they have to pay all the bills.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
vabeach. this is a touchy subject. I do not know if there is a right way that will always work in these situations. Personally I'm just a priority and get it done guy. My priority would be the best care of that child that they hospital had to offer. Everything else would be secondary. I bet there were a lot of different opinions within that facility when this happened and all by great medical professionals.

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
Nk that is exactly my thought and he should be.

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
If he mistreats the staff, security would be called and he would be banned from the property.

At least that's what would happen at the hospital my wife works at.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2640 posts)
I agree with you Option #1 is the "right" thing to do. I don't think there is any argument there.

But: do you think a court would agree with us if something bad happens as a result? Courts relieve people of the consequences of their bad choices all the time.

What if the nurse is mistreated by the jerk and then sues the hospital for knowingly letting her go to work in a room with an abusive person?

All I'm saying is that unfortunately, when you're trying to protect yourself, doing the "right" thing isn't necessarily what's going to work out well for you.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18793 posts)
Not so complicated for me. #1 option in a heartbeat.

The mentally ill father would/should be blamed if anything wrong happened to the child based on his own issues. Case closed. Next?

Emeryville CA
Username hidden
(12204 posts)
There is a cross issue here that has already been decided by many different courts. The courts have found in many different cases that Christian Scientists who do not believe in modern medicine of any kind, can not legally with hold lifesaving medicine or medical techniques/treatments from their own children. I would believe that their religion would be held to a higher point than chosen racism in making these decisions. This guy would not stand a chance with CPS and the courts.

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
patients request to be only visited by female or male nurses or doctors all the time for various reasons, and hospitals generally comply. Isn't this discriminatory in almost the same way?

That is a modesty issue and I understand that but it is a totally different issue than racism.

Modesty is a very personal security issue, Racism is pure ignorance and hate. One of from earth and the other from the other side of the sun. Totally different issues.

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   21 to 30 of 49   End
TOPIC: Nurse Suing Hospital for Discrimination for Barring Black Nurses from Treating Patient