North Carolina immigrants protest pink driver’s licenses : Swingers Discussion 218240
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsNorth Carolina immigrants protest pink driver’s licenses
TOPIC: North Carolina immigrants protest pink driver’s licenses
Created by: vacpl4fun1962
Original Starting post for this thread:
Young immigrants in North Carolina recently given work permits under President Barack Obama's deferred action plan are outraged: The state will be giving them driver's licenses emblazoned with a pink stripe and the words "NO LAWFUL STATUS." "It is discrimination," said Jose Rico, a 23-year-old community college student who has been protesting the new licenses, announced by the state's Department of Transportation last month. Rico, who was brought to Raleigh by his family from Mexico when he was 13, received a work permit three weeks ago under Obama's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. The DACA program provides relief from deportation and a two-year, renewable work permit for young illegal immigrants under 31 who were brought to the country as children and are attending or have graduated from high school. Immigrant advocacy groups in the state are planning protests targeting the state's Republican governor, Pat McCrory, in the lead-up to the special licenses' release March 25. McCrory seems unlikely to intervene in the Department of Transportation's decision, however. He has called the plan a "pragmatic compromise" between those who wanted the state to not issue licenses at all and those who wanted the state to issue regular licenses. Some state politicians, led by Republican state Rep. Mark Brody, have argued that the DACA program isn't valid because it was instituted by Obama through executive action last year, instead of approved by Congress, and thus North Carolina should not recognize it. North Carolina is one of a handful of states that said it was considering withholding driver's licenses to the young illegal immigrants who have been given temporary lawful presence and work permits under Obama's program. DACA recipients are not technically legal immigrants, even though they cannot be deported and can legally work. The federal government says they have "lawful presence" in the country but not "lawful status"—immigration terms with complex legal definitions. Rico and other activists argue that the license gives a false impression that they do not have the right to be in the country and could be deported. Michael Tan, a staff attorney at the American Civil Liberties Union, said the "no lawful status" emblazoned on the license "sends the wrong message to employers, to people at the bank, the people you come across in everyday life." The Department of Transportation said in a statement that it has used the pink color in the past, when it gave temporary licenses to evacuees of Hurricane Katrina. The ACLU is currently challenging Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer in court for her executive order declaring that no DACA recipient can get a license. Nebraska has also denied licenses to the group.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 50   End
User Details are only visible to members.
VAC Robert has probably never heard of a service manual, but then that would require a certain amount of reading comprehension.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19367 posts)
Robert, I have told you that I do all types of electronic work on cars. I have never stepped into a college. I have had training by the makers of the cars I work on. I read and study on my own to keep up with the new technology. We are looking to going into fiber optic cable now on cars so I am going to be learning another skill set. And no you have no clue how the modern car works.Just like you have no clue about painters.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Vacp:

Doing what in 1985? Installing car radios? Guess what? That requires training today. It is nearly all computer work today. What isn't done with computers requires work done to such specifications which require some form of formal schooling.

That means you are spending between 20-30k on edication.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7484 posts)
In 1985 I was making over 35K a year. That is five years out of school.Bought my first house in 1987. Seven years out of school. What have you done???

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Vacp:

75k? No that isn't scrap, but you aren't going to tell me that you were earning even remotely close to 25k a year starting out. Again, minimum wage jobs and any able bodies worker on welfare or other social program is the result of employers who feel entitled to subsadized labor.

If you worked hard while earning a pay which didn't grow the economy, you were eating the scraps left to you by the employer doing the bare minimum. Such scraps deserve minimum effort and minimum work.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7484 posts)
Robert I didn't know that 75k a year was scrapes.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Yes VAC for Bobby hard work is stupid, he would rather be lazy and ignorant than hard working.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19367 posts)
Vacp:

You didn't work hard, you worked stupidly.

You accepted any job, at any pay. You had no back bone and now in your middle to older years are upset that the next generation is telling that you were a fool who accepted the scraps while you should have stood tall and demanded a wage which grows the economy.

Any job which doesn't grow the economy, is a job not worth working hard for. It serves no one but the greed of a few and ensures no one has a job... But ensure that you must be taxed to support the poor.

If I lived on my own, had a family... I would be collecting checks from the government, from you. I do none of this. In my entire life, I have taken nothing from the tax payers. Not a single penny.

Now you on the other hand support subsadized work forces with each post you have made. Each time you protect the greed of minimum wage employers, degrade a person who works full time, but no as hard as you worked.

You worked hard, only because you were stupid. So suck it up, you chose stupidity over intellect. Could you have reasons for this? Sure. But because you choose to support those who are really stealing from your pockets, your bitching is made mute.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7484 posts)
I do not fear death. I will, however, do all possible to avoid death prematurely. Robert it is you who fear people that will stand up and say enough is enough.You fear people like me because you see us as a threat to you and your kind. You see us as stopping you from being supported by the hard work of others why you sit back and do nothing but want more and more.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Vacp:

My wages can't go any lower. I get no health care but what the government provides me for my service in the military. To me, you can open the doors, and give everyone US citizenship. Why? Because my full time work doesn't provide me with any more pay... I already work full time for garbage wages.

More over, the expense of erecting walls has been proven to never pay off. This is why castles with walls aren't built anymore. This is why the great wall of china is nice to look at, but mostly useless unless you are to spend countless fortunes and manpower maintaining and then guarding that which the boarder is to protect.

The cheapest and most effective means to removing pest is to clean up your act. Leave no bread crumbs, mandate the use of a government program for every employee, even farm hands.

Dry up the well of jobs will send most of the illegals back to their native countries; but not all. Some have become so deeply rooted that that cannot leave. They likely have children or soon will have children here.

Your problem is that you hate what isn't like you. It is why you fear everything. In Big's case, it is his ignorance of edication, Fjep,... The judgment is still pending. But of the three, you are the most fearful.

For that you have my piety and condolances as the coming changes to this nation will not be kind to you.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7484 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 50   End
TOPIC: North Carolina immigrants protest pink driver’s licenses