North Carolina bill would add Bible study at public schools : Swingers Discussion 217982101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsNorth Carolina bill would add Bible study at public schools
TOPIC: North Carolina bill would add Bible study at public schools
Created by: vacpl4fun1962
Original Starting post for this thread:
Published February 27, 2013 Associated Press RALEIGH, N.C. – Passages from the Bible could become part of the curriculum in North Carolina's public high schools under legislation proposed in the General Assembly. The bill would allow local school boards to offer elective courses for credit on the Old Testament, the New Testament or a combination of both. No student would be required to take the classes, but they would provide academic credit toward graduation. While civil libertarians worry about religious courses at taxpayer-supported schools violating the Constitutional separation of church and state, primary sponsor Sen. Stan Bingham said Wednesday he doesn't see a problem. "This is an elective," said Bingham (R-Davidson). "I don't think it's out of order for a student to ask a school system to take an elective in the Bible." Bingham's bill, as written, only names the Bible as an option. A dozen lawmakers in the GOP-controlled Senate have signed on as co-sponsors, including three Democrats. Sarah Preston, policy director at the American Civil Liberties Union-North Carolina, said it is notoriously difficult to teach the Bible inside a public school in a manner consistent with the First Amendment, which can put educators in a thorny situation. "Classes that teach the Bible have to be conducted in a way that does not promote or disparage religion, or alienate students with different beliefs. But because religious belief is such a personal issue, we believe it's a topic best left to the student's parents, and not government bureaucrats or school officials." Bingham said he is happy to debate such issues as his bill moves through the legislative process. "There's going to be a lot of discussion on this, and that's exactly what I want to see happen," he said.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 24   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Cplo:

And as a self proclaimed writer, I will tell you that you don't know jack about writing to a specific person.

This labeling Vacp: at the top meant the message and it's wording is meant for them. He is right wing, there for he sees me as left. I worded it as such, because I wanted to avoid the back and forth of him saying that I am far left.

You need to learn the more advance means of speech. Sadly I think you already know this speech, but choose not to employ it so to remain ignorant and lazy of thought.

In the event you didn't know it, look up prespective of speech.

My prespective was to Vacp. You jumped in and chose to play 12 year old boy and use literal wording to make a funny which is funny only in your mind.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7253 posts)
There is nothing the same between "I am left wing" and "I lean to the left." The former is a concrete statement while the latter is subjective to individual perspective and subject matter. As a self-proclaimed writer, how can you not already be aware of this?

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Cplo:

They are the same statement.

The right thinks I am left, because they are so far right wing that they are insane.

I was speaking to a right wing individual. (Vacp)

There for taking my quote out of context of who I was speaking to, shows how you are posting only to create personal attacks. This shows how vain and how shallow of a person you are or are becoming.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7253 posts)
"I said I lean left because the right is insane."

Um, no.

"4) I am left wing, because the right has become insane."

You don't really wonder why people don't take you seriously, do you?

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Cplo:

I said I lean left because the right is insane. This statement means that I am center and viewed as left because the right has become so far right that they are insane.

Most every political test has me at a center left, with libertarian views.

The reason I lean further right than what the center is, is that the right of center chooses to remain silent while the far right tries to tip the boat. (as seen with the sequester)

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7253 posts)
Anyone who willingly (and proudly) identifies themselves as left wing or right is certifiably insane.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Vacp:

1) my membership was a one time fee, (life long) I chose this because after a year, you don't pay again.

2) I am not alone in living with my parents. This is quickly becoming a growing trend, mostly because the jobs which are hiring, don't pay a living wage in the cities with the careers we learned.

You settled for a job which brought nothing but life long suffering, that is why you want others to suffer... As you did. Suffering brings only more suffering and grows the desire of greed.

3) I am on here when I am at work and need a break from my studying and or writing. Also to see if there are anyone in the surrounding area who wants to play. (as per the norm, a single white make doesn't get much play)

4) I am left wing, because the right has become insane.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7253 posts)
And all this comes from somebody living in his parents basement. Most people leave home when they get out of school and go out and provide for themselves. Maybe you should be saving the $10.00 a month and give up your paid membership on here. It sounds like to me you are living above your means. Maybe you need to get your priorities straight which is more important. Being on here spreading your left wing dribble or putting money away so you can get your own place and get of your parents teat.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Vacp:

The more languages you learn, the better you are at math, the more marketable you are when you go to get a real career. (no in todays economy, manual labor isn't a career, it is a job.)

There is a massive difference between a career and a job. A career is employment which is rewarding and leads to retirement, but you won't retire because the career fulfills your desires to do something useful.

A job on the other hand is what you do to pay the bills, typically it doesn't. No you didn't have a career, not unless your idea of a career is suffering.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7253 posts)
They sure the hell don't need to learn 3 languages. They have 4 years of math and science plus computer tech. I know my boy was enrolled in dual enrollment classes. So yea they do have a lil bit of time for that.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 24   End
TOPIC: North Carolina bill would add Bible study at public schools