No Speak English No Trial : Swingers Discussion 83244
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsNo Speak English No Trial
TOPIC: No Speak English No Trial
Created by: joeodd2
Original Starting post for this thread:
Has anyone heard about that case in Virginia where a man from some little West African country got off a rape charge of a 7 y/o little girl because the court could not find a translator? Never mind that the guy went to the same High School that the Judge herself had attended in the United States and that went to college in the U.S and taught school here as well. Or the fact the when police first picked him up he spoke to them in perfect English. But as soon as the trail came along he forgot all his English and his lawyer requested a special translator that spoke his 1st language.......They could not find one for 3 years so the judge let him go, citing the "speedy trial" clause in the constitution. The Washington Post went out and found 3 translators who spoke his language in less than an hour.............

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
......well you do trust me, right Angel? Here tell ya what....turn around and fall........; )

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
You've been on both sides of the law and you trust neither.........don't really know to say......How about native American tribal commissions? You gotta trust them right? If not I'm at lost, is there some other judicial system in this country that you've signed for?

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Angel I was referring to the legal system that let that guy get away with that bullshit, not you........

The language issue should not have been an issue, they had plenty of witnesses that could have testified that he spoke English. The fact that he was a teacher for christ's sakes should tell ya that he spoke English. He went to high school and college in the United States. I'm not sure If I can argue based on "the letter of the law", but as a human being I can help but to judge things based on common sense. If the guy is innocent great! If not then this is completely fucked up. If something were to happen to this guy on the street, it would be partly his own fault. When you use the legal system to get around giving victims their day in court, it leaves a lot of unresolved issues. If that little girl was my daughter or family member I could understand the need to take matters into my own hands.

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
.........um ok Angel.....whatever.

If it was for something less serious than Child Rape I would be laughing my ass of at the legal system right now. How fucking stupid can you be? The guy spoke English but refused to acknoledge that he did. The prosecution could have had an FBI agent interview him and if he lied and said he didn't know English, Boom. Martha Steward on top of the Rape Charge. I'm not even goddam lawyer!

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Angel could you explain why an "innocent" man would pretend not to know English in order to beat the system? Seems to be a tactic that someone who doesn't want to go to trail and stand up to the facts would do.........I personally think the city should be sued for gross incompetence, my God you have dozens of people who could testify that this guy spoke fluent English. This is a stupid reason to let someone off the hook, innocent or guilty.

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Actually it has been all over the news and although it appears the Judge is not without blame here, it seems the prosecution dragged their feet for over three years on this case waiting until the most recent court appearance before scrambling to find an interpreter.

The accused did agree to waive their right to a speedy trial, so the Judge should of showed more empathy for the victim who was 7 at the time of the sexual assaults. However, it is my understanding that the prosecution dragged their feet in finding an interpreter and the Judge made the prosecution pay dearly for that. The real loser is the little girl who probably will never see justice for the repeated assault and she will carry the terrible scars of these assaults for the rest of her life.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
haven't seen it, doubt the media owuld want to see this get out to much.... a little street justice could be in order. and the judge should be impeached and the lawyers.... welll

Lake Worth FL

Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Has anyone heard about that case in Virginia where a man from some little West African country got off a rape charge of a 7 y/o little girl because the court could not find a translator? Never mind that the guy went to the same High School that the Judge herself had attended in the United States and that went to college in the U.S and taught school here as well. Or the fact the when police first picked him up he spoke to them in perfect English. But as soon as the trail came along he forgot all his English and his lawyer requested a special translator that spoke his 1st language.......They could not find one for 3 years so the judge let him go, citing the "speedy trial" clause in the constitution. The Washington Post went out and found 3 translators who spoke his language in less than an hour.............

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: No Speak English No Trial