Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics New York's new gun control law
TOPIC: New York's new gun control law
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   79 to 85 of 85 
User Details are only visible to members.
All Cum mo has managed to do is make law abiding citizens in to criminals, unless the courts overturn the law. I cannot see the vast majority obeying this idiotic law, including medical personal. They will stay true to their oath.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
No cop out, Just moving across the border, it within my rights to do so. the best Part Nk I get to reap from NYS w/o returning one cent back to them. I have that luxury , So this law won't affect me in the least , especially since there is a much warmer reception for law abiding citizens in Pa. who choose to enjoy the second amendment.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9724 posts)
For the large part I am against this bill.

More specifically I think private therapist ought not be mandated to report you, but rather refute you to a state therapist for such determination. (such state therapist being able to listen to or sit in on sessions)

Namely because I want such people to seek help and if they feel seekin private help is going to land them into jail or cause them economic problems like being committed into a mental ward... They can lose their homes, apartments and all belongings to include their jobs.

Now if you act out like making public threats, like some here have done or become violent in public... Sitting down with a state/federal therapist or other mental health provider ought to be made mandatory to retain your right to your firearms.

The surpreme court has already stated that your rights canbe suspended or removed when the public good is endangered. This felons cannot vote.

Their loss of the vote basically makes them a noncitizen, yet the vote the most important right above all other rights to include the second amendment.

Capacity of bullets do not help when one can simply have multiple smaller clips. And bans on weapons is the cowards solution to these cowards.

That said, if the gun nuts use the second amendment as a shield to attempt to over ride the vote... I will have no problem in demanding the second amendment be either altered to or stricken from the constitution, so to limit their individual acess to fire arms.

Choose your future carefully... Violence always cost freedom and you have not the blood to spend to buy freedom.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7775 posts)
Another cop out Looking?

Figures...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
Not for a year, by then I will be a resident of Pa, so what is your point???

I will be drawing my very nice NYS tax free pension from NY, So fuck 'em .

Maybe you should move there , it is the liberal haven, Now if any person dies by a gun it is surely the fault of the liberals, I don't want to hear any whining now .

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9724 posts)
So you gun lovers in New York. You gonna get rid of your high capacity clips?

It's the law...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
Called the Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act, New York's law:

•Bans possession of any high-capacity magazines regardless of when they were made or sold. Only clips able to hold up to seven rounds can be sold in the state. Clips able to hold seven to 10 rounds can be possessed, but cannot be loaded with more than seven rounds. If an owner is found to have eight or more bullets in a magazine, he or she could face a misdemeanor charge. •Requires ammunition dealers to do background checks, similar to those for gun buyers. Dealers are required to report all sales, including amounts, to the state. Internet sales of ammunition are allowed, but the ammunition will have to be shipped to a licensed dealer in New York state for pickup. •Requires creation of a registry of assault weapons. Those New Yorkers who already own such weapons would be required to register their guns with the state. •Requires any therapist who believes a mental health patient made a credible threat of harming others to report the threat to a mental health director, who would then have to report serious threats to the state Department of Criminal Justice Services. A patient's gun could be taken from him or her, as well. •Stipulates that stolen guns should be reported within 24 hours. •Tightens the state's description of an "assault" weapon. Previous state law defined an assault weapon as having two "military rifle" features, but the new law reduces that specification to just one feature •Requires background checks for all gun sales, including by private dealers -- except for sales to members of the seller's immediate family.

One of the most controversial elements of the bill is the requirement on providers of mental health services

"For decades mental health workers have had an ethical obligation to report those they think pose a clear and present danger to others to the police and to the person who has been threatened," Caplan said. "Their codes of ethics require them to do so. The new law in New York now makes that reporting a legal duty and gives the therapist a clear set of directions as to how to report and to whom."

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   79 to 85 of 85 
TOPIC: New York's new gun control law