New York's new gun control law : Swingers Discussion 2153841031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsNew York's new gun control law
TOPIC: New York's new gun control law
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   31 to 40 of 85   End
User Details are only visible to members.
A person out stalking prey for massacre, carrying an assault weapon and hundreds of rounds of ammunition either in extra magazines or in his/her/its vehicle is disregarding the Preamble to the Constitution, in support of the Second Amendment only.

Any reasonable person with good morals and a social conscience would comprehend that.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6803 posts)
"... what is protected is an individual right of a private citizen to own and carry firearms in a peaceful manner."

What's peaceful about an assault weapon?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Someone just got served lol.

Mickey

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4836 posts)
ZZ so I guess you were there when they wrote it so I guess you know better than I do. But i can give a little back up for the right to keep and bear arms.

Well I got the backing of the SCOTUS In 2008 and 2010, the Supreme Court issued two landmark decisions officially establishing this interpretation. In District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), the Court ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm, unconnected to service in a militia.

Here is a little insight of people that were there and a few after

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. – Samuel Adams

The conclusion is thus inescapable that the history, concept, and wording of the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, as well as its interpretation by every major commentator and court in the first half-century after its ratification, indicates that what is protected is an individual right of a private citizen to own and carry firearms in a peaceful manner. – Report of the Subcommittee on the Constitution of the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, 97th Congress, Second Session (February 1982)

We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. - Patrick Henry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them." (Richard Henry Lee, 1788, Initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Whenever a representative of Wayne's NRA World throws out his interpretation of the Second Amendment, you can be sure that he knows nothing about the intention of the Preamble, and pretends to be an expert at Constitutional interpretation, when he is nothing more than a playground participant on the gun-sellers playground.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6803 posts)
"... our founding fathers put in the 2nd amendment to protect us from our government..."

Where did you get this notion?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
" Elected officials from DC or any state that wants to remove our right to self protection ..."

So you are saying that universal background checking is a removal of your right to self protection? Most people feel better protected by such a provision.

Unlicensed selling to those prohibited from owning a gun? No responsibility to report a missing gun? Do these make you feel safer, really?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Outdoors guess I should have been more clear about what I meant about being an elitist. Elected officials from DC or any state that wants to remove our right to self protection while they enjoy the protection that we provide for them through the taxes we pay. This is why our founding fathers put in the 2nd amendment to protect us from our government not to hunt.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
A big ATABOY To the guy in Mexico,,Someone has to do it, Hell after all its the white house thats been giving the Cartels free guns to use on the people.

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4836 posts)
We send people to war armed with guns. If guns were not intended to kill, we would not send the people of an army to war with guns, we would just send the people.

On the Planet of Apes, the apes learn that assault weapons are better than slingshots for propelling projectiles meant to kill.

The Governor of New York knows the nature of the ape-man.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6803 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   31 to 40 of 85   End
TOPIC: New York's new gun control law