New School Prayer ! : Swingers Discussion 89940
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsNew School Prayer !
TOPIC: New School Prayer !
Created by: Permagrn27
Original Starting post for this thread:
Since the Pledge of Allegiance and The Lord's Prayer are not allowed in most public schools anymore Because the word "God" is mentioned.... A kid in Arizona wrote the attached

NEW School prayer : Now I sit me down in school Where praying is against the rule For this great nation under God Finds mention of Him very odd.

If Scripture now the class recites, It violates the Bill of Rights. And anytime my head I bow Becomes a Federal matter now.

Our hair can be purple, orange or green, That's no offense; it's a freedom scene. The law is specific, the law is precise. Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.

For praying in a public hall Might offend someone with no faith at all. In silence alone we must meditate, God's name is prohibited by the state.

We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks, And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks. They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible. To quote the Good Book makes me liable. We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen, And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King. It's "inappropriate" to teach right from wrong, We're taught that such "judgments" do not belong.

We can get our condoms and birth controls, Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles. But the Ten Commandments are not allowed, No word of God must reach this crowd.

It's scary here I must confess, When chaos reigns the school's a mess. So, Lord, this silent plea I make: Should I be shot; My soul please take! Amen

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 22   End
User Details are only visible to members.
right with you on this one padrooga. when i was in school i mostly though about girls :-)

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
I think children should have every right to engage in silent worship in schools or anywhere else they choose. I believe they should also be allowed to worship together in a group as an after school curricular activity (like the math club or the chess club). Nothing wrong with those, and in fact it's a fundamental tenet of the foundation of this country.

What I don't agree with is proselytizing religion in school or distracting children from learning what they're there to learn.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
eric,

they were teaching your kid about tomato juice and vodka?

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
of course i'm also for a strict dress code in public schools ot. Like they use here in Palm Beach County. Kaki pants and a blue, yellow or white polo shirt, shoes (not sneakers).

I'd be even happier if they marched them to class in formation. and i'm not joking.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Poly,

I'm ok with that, but then you have to convince all the other religions of the same thing. No wicca clubs, no muslim prayer time set aside NOTHING. It's jews and christians that all have their religions stiffled but muslims and pagans get to have everything at taxpayer expense.

and praying at a football game invocation violates no ones rights.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
I completely agree Poly....

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(2626 posts)
in my best Elvis voice ( which isn't that good)

Thank you, Thank you very much !

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Well in that case Perm, good post.

**nods and pats Perm's back**

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
I am not upset. This wasn't ment as an actual solid topic.

More of a Political funny, and since well its a Political funny, its where I put it.

You fascilitated my needs at the moment. Thank you for playing 8-)

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Perm, you have a long history of starting threads and then refusing to defend the premise when challenged. It makes you an innocuous persona in the politics forum. If you're not going to back up your threads with some sort of lucid evidence, why bother? Are you just looking for pats on the back and nods of agreement? Don't get upset when you get schooled, dear.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 22   End
TOPIC: New School Prayer !