New Mexico recoginises Gay marriage : Swingers Discussion 834691011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsNew Mexico recoginises Gay marriage
TOPIC: New Mexico recoginises Gay marriage
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   11 to 20 of 42   End
User Details are only visible to members.
But Scotty which few states have no-fault? The divorce rate shot up when Moms had to go to work to help support the family, not due to divorce laws.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
destin,

We'll have to agree to disagree. If you look at when marriage really started down hill in this country, is when no fault divorce laws took effect. If marriage is a contract, and someone wants to terminate the contract, how can no one be at fault. It's typical in this country, NO ONE wants to take responsibilty for anything, including their marriage failing. That is a direct cause of no fault divorce. NO ONE IS responsible.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Sorry, the LONG rant was for you Perfect, forgot to start that way.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Scotty, in all due respect, saying no fault divorces are all the problem, is like the gun not the shooter killed you. It is people, a lower standard, cheating/swinging, no respect for marriage, a lower moral standard, greed, Peole, People, People...not the divorce laws that cause the problems...in my humble opinion

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Well since you will not answer my question on WHY I will answer yours. I don't care if marriage stands as it does now or not, so I don't have a "dog in the hunt". The only reason for marriage I can think of is if your are religious and want the sanctity of God in your marriage and are going to live in that way(which 90% of us do not). The state issues a license to get married and charges you a fee, then has you file it at the court house and charges you a fee...there you go that is their reason for marriage or civil union, The state does not care which as long as it gets its $'s.

Now the church has a vested interest to keep religion going and their coffers full, so that is their belief and reason to keep marriages going and civil unions out.

The family and blood lines continue either way but since we are a Christian based country the laws and traditions are for a man and woman to get married. Now we have more divorces each year than marriages so now we know that shit don't work...lol 200 years and we finally figure it out.

Today a civil union for legal reasons makes since for gay or traditional, marriages and church people still needs the civil part to be legal.(thus the license and filing) So now we are down to" why marriage?" Tradition, thats why tradition...and now we see that going by the wayside.

But for all this the bottom line is...IF you want to get married do so, but don't keep the gays from having a civil union to protect themselves legally, or anyone else that does not see a marriage as the only answer, for that matter.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
that way they can "reap all the benefits of it".

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Perfect

would you agree that the way marriage is right now is fucked up? No fault divorce, the way men are treated by the courts ect?

If so, what's the point of it. Especially if you're a guy? I'm going to get married, have 52% chance of having to give away all my assets, lose my kids except on weekends, and have to pay her to sit her fat lazy ass on the couch?

No fault divorce is ruining marriage. So since it's fucked up, why not let the gays/lesbians participate in it?

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
LOL @ Perfect...and you are following the "rules of marriage" on a swingers site? Now that is Priceless...

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
stop agreeing with me angel... goddamn it!!!! LOL

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
LOL...The only reason the "State" has for its support of marriage is Dollars. Fees for getting married, fees for divorce, fees for court fees, fees, fees. The State does not do it for civil peace or threat of unrest, just that is has become profitable for them... Now talk about the Church...it has everything to lose if "marriage" stops becoming the fad it had been.

It is sweet to get married by your pastor and all the wonderful symbols and words he uses, by God for God etc... But then do you keep going to church, do you continue to love your wife according to the Bible, don't get divorced and don't share her in a swinging activity...well if you do then Marriage means something to you...otherwise it is and was a farce....well in the face of God and the church at least.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   11 to 20 of 42   End
TOPIC: New Mexico recoginises Gay marriage