Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Native American Domestic Violence
TOPIC: Native American Domestic Violence
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   51 to 60 of 79   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Well said Pandora! Well said!

@Outdoors - Thank you and after this, he is not worth trying to understand from what I have seen. As for the pipeline, it is and always was about control. It took the fight out of the warriors that stood tall for the culture, way of life, and the future.

R

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3205 posts)
Robert...You're comparing an indigenous people who were violently forced or outright tricked out of the places they called home, introduced to brand new fatal diseases, force fed Anglo culture and religions and then death-marched into an little corner of hell that was deemed "appropriate and out of the way" so the new and far more intelligent settlers could carry out the step by step genocide of the land all around them to FRAKKING CYLONS? SRSLYOMGWTFBBQ?

Ask me again why I firmly believe you neither contain an original thought in your head, nor the capacity to understand the plagiarized ones you do have.

Hows about you work up the courage to step 5 miles off your own self-imposed "reservation" in Hazelton and see what's really happened to the world, not just the garbage you read on the internet and spew back at all of us on these forums.

The answer to "what do the Natives want" hasn't changed since White men showed up the first time. If you aren't going to at least TRY to live in harmony with the land and tribes around you, then please just leave us alone so we don't end up as fucked as you're going to be...

Long Beach CA
Username hidden
(1757 posts)
Cplo:

I tried to write this message three times and each time it became longer than the first.

Just know that I am not trying to be your enemy here. I am it the one being ignorant and angry. I have only asked questions and posed answers which you yourself came up with.

If the native Americans want our wants and desires, then the culture that they have now will die. One can only serve one master at any given time, never two.

The cultures outside of the reservations are of want and greed. Two starving children which will never have enough. You can never feed them enough so salt their hunger.

If you say that the native Americans are proud if their culture, then that is the answer you provide. But you leave another important question unanswered. What is your end state goal? What do you, the native Americans what?

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7705 posts)
Hmmm. Good question Outdoors.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
Mrs cplo, thanks much for the insight. Don't spend too much time trying to understand R Hil.

Mr cplo (I think) wrote: "... the gov't opened a pipeline for drugs and alcohol to the reservations, much like the ghettos, because a drunk or high Injun is easier to control. "

By "opened a pipeline", do you mean ended the prohibition against alcohol on the rez'? And what drug pipeline?

Do you really think this was motivated by the desire to control the Indians? Or just to give them rights that all freel Americans have?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
cplofunswingers Thank you very much for your input. It has given me much to think about. I have some questions I would like to ask but I will do that in private. Some in here can't, actually won't stop to understand that one must be in a situation and experience the reality of that life to be able to speak with intelligence about that truth.

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
@Nkenswing - You are so very welcome! We will be known forever by the tracks we leave.

R

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3205 posts)
@Robert_Hil - Did you even read my post? You did not express how you would feel in this situation if the roles were reversed. Yes I see how it is off the reservation...way to make this about your culture when this thread is clearly about mine.

Also, at what point in my response did I say we needed your help? If you can't take care of "your" own, then why did you say "there isn't much that can be done unless the natives allow the white dominated agencies to force edication and our ways down their throats." It doesn't seem to be working all that well if you said "How we eat our own. The elderly workers are fired or laid off on hardships by the companies and they are tossed aside like trash by their families who are fighting for the scraps that employers feed them." and "We can't even take care of our own elderly, how do you expect us to fix a dying people when our own culture is just as empty inside?"

As for your Babylon 5 questions....why are you treating us like we invaded your land/planet? What plan do we have? What end game goal? This is not some cyber web based game...this is real life. Do you think that you have shown great trust and respect towards me to divulge that information? Hmmm....Nope!

We know who we are and we are proud native americans within our culture. We know what we want and who we can trust.

R

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3205 posts)
The questions are still valid. Without knowing who you are, you cannot know what you want. Without knowing what you want, how are you to know who to trust?

While the questions are designed for an indiciduals answer, they do apply to a community.

If the community doesn't know who they are, how is that community to know what they want and who do they trust?

As for the who do you serve bit? We all serve someone, but not all of us know who we serve and why we serve them.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7705 posts)
Babylon 5? Really? You should probably stop posting now.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3205 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   51 to 60 of 79   End
TOPIC: Native American Domestic Violence