Native American Domestic Violence : Swingers Discussion 2166381031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsNative American Domestic Violence
TOPIC: Native American Domestic Violence
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   31 to 40 of 79   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Cplo:

While I agree with the statement about abuse is abuse. Here are two questions about culture.

1) what crimes do the native American resorvations oversee?

2) Where are the native Americans who commit crimes against the resorvations kept?

If 1) is that the reservations oversee sexual assault, rape, ect. Then can the punishment be death or are your courts bound by the limits of the US?

I ask these questions because justice systems go a long way to developing cultures.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7430 posts)
Well thank you Goodenuff!

VA, there should be no difference! It should all be classified as the same. Abuse Is abuse!

R

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Why should a non-Indian abusing an Indian be a different crime than an Indian abusing an Indian?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19418 posts)
That they are Goodenuff. That they are.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
I learned something from this thread.... women with Native American ancestry are hot as hell.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Pandora:

1) our society is unacceptably dog eat dog.

2) yes my experiences are limited, but that is because I lack the funding and skills to survive anywhere else.

3) I ignore the majority if the advice given because it is given by men trapped in stockholms syndrum to the ideals of blindly working hard and that 20k a year is enough to start a family. 20k a year isn't enough to leave a dying city, let alone survive in one on your own.

4) I post as a reminder that the way things are now aren't working she you must make positive changes... The idea of the right leaning conservatism isn't positive... Greed never is positive change.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7430 posts)
It is kind of ironic that this topic came up yesterday. Tomorrow there is a bill that is being voted on for Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013, known as S. 47. There is an amendment that would remove Tribal provisions from the bill. The amendment would overturn Tribal jurisdiction and limit the ability of Tribal courts to punish non-Indian domestic violence offenders who assault Indian women. The amendment would lower the crime of domestic violence by Non-Indians against Indian women from a felony to a misdemeanor level punishment, regardless of the circumstances or severity of the crime.

During a current debate on this here is excerpts from Senator Cantwell's remarks:

"This is about legislation that will protect tribal women on Indian reservations and to make sure that these cases of abuse, whether they are done by a Native American or non-Native American are protected."

"The notion that this is somehow abrogating individual rights just because the crime takes place on a tribal reservation is incorrect. So I ask my colleagues, do you want to continue to have this unbelievable growth and petri dish of crime evolving? Because criminals know, when you have a porous border that is where they are going to go."

"It is time to pass this legislation. And to protect these rights for all individuals. We cannot vote for an amendment on the other side of the aisle that basically strips the rights of Native American women and treats them like second-class citizens. Nor can we just go silent on what is an epidemic problem in our country."

R

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Epic win Pandora!

Robert, you did it again! I am now done with your conversation. You have derailed this thread....go to Roberts dream world now, please! I would like to get back onto the original subject.

R

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Cplo:

I'll admit my wording was poor, but I was attempting to express what I have seen many think of the Indians, what both history and action states we think of the native Americans.

As I stated before. As a whole, this nation doesn't care about anyone. As a whole, we are destructive and a blight. Trying to use individual conversations when you get people alone or activist groups to repersent the whole of any nation is lying to yourself.

Am I biased? Damn straight. If our society, one which worships victors and degrades the defeated cannot act to end the kids of violence we see in our streets today, what makes you think we care anything about a people who want to live in a compound aways from us? Taking tax money from us?

Yes, we invaded and destroyed almost every native American tribe. Committed mass genocide. In truth. I do not believe that my society really cares.

As for me bringing up my past. When you give personal insult, you make the conversation about the person. And yes, I am fully aware that there are those more damaged, who suffered worst than I did at the hands of people they cared for. But you know what? That is the ugly true face of our society. A maget infested dead dog, rotting from the inside out.

The answers to how to help you will never come from the dead, and it won't come from the undead. So I strongly advise that you do not look to us for help... You will find no help to be had, but only a wooden sign saying. "abandon all hope." if you come looking for help from those who chase wealth and pride.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7430 posts)
Robert, your problem isn't that you aren't talking enough....It's that you don't ever listen. EVER.

You aren't open to a debate dude. You've already decided that you want to change everyone's beliefs by telling them that 100's or 1000's of years of living and history and culture is a lie because some 27 year old man-child that got beat up all the time knows better. We've all heard that you were picked on, degraded, humiliated, and otherwise. I promise we get it. You're the downtrodden soul yearning to be free but you have no intentions on leaving your quiet little hamlet. SUPER! Can we agree that's just the way it is and move on?

If you want to know why you seem to bear the brunt of ridicule, you need only look as far as how you post. You can't ask "What do Native Americans want" and then immediately start preaching about what YOU believe they need, having as little insight to the Nations as you have. But that's what you do. In fact that's what you do constantly.

To wit...Every damn post from you goes a little like this..."Here's my question, and HERE'S how I already have my opinion on the subject set in stone".

You want to know what pisses off a "Nation" more than anything else. Someone telling them they are ignorant savages who need preaching and rules to save their mind and souls.

Welcome to the party pal.

Long Beach CA
Username hidden
(1757 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   31 to 40 of 79   End
TOPIC: Native American Domestic Violence