NRA says to put more guns in school : Swingers Discussion 217043
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsNRA says to put more guns in school
TOPIC: NRA says to put more guns in school
Created by: Robert_Hil
Original Starting post for this thread:
So the NRA says to put more guns in school, I sure hope they weren't meaning like this guy did.

Sure the site might be biased, but if both the facts and quotes are correct, then it doesn't matter how biased the site is.

ht tp://w ww.salon.co m/2013/02/13/joe_arpaio_hired_a_convicted_child_sex_criminal_for_armed_school_%E2%80%9Cposse%E2%80%9D/

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 48   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Please don't ever publicly agree with me on anything. It makes me question my sanity.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3203 posts)
Cplo:

Agreed on every account, to include the jab at rent a cops... I wouldn't take the job, pays too low for the repesnative training, let alone just the repesnative work.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7582 posts)
"lol. You don't know many cops I take it."

I know quite a few, actually. Are there schmucks who make it onto the police force? Sure. Some really don't have what it takes and still make it through the academy because vacancies have to be filled. But even those schmucks absorb some of the training and are still probably better equipped to react faster and smarter than most.

I will say this.....IF schools were to start having multiple armed guards or cops posted around the campus and hallways, then they had better be willing to spend for extensive training. Can't just pull some gum shoe off the street who writes parking tickets and went to the academy 10 years ago with minimal follow-up training since and expect him/her to know how to react. If you're going to put armed security in a school, there needs to be some fairly high training standards to go along with it.

Still don't know if I'd be in favor of it, but it'd be better than minimally qualified rent-a-cops with guns.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3203 posts)
Big:

Doesn't matter if you might have 30 years without a situation, you don't plan on that increasingly less likely option for a career, you expect the worst outcome and hope for a better one.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7582 posts)
where they might work 30 years without an incendent.aren't that why you are putting cops in schools to begin with so there won't be an incendent??????....BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
I don't know that there are enough well trained cops to spare putting them in schools where they might work 30 years without a single incident.

It might be a good job for returning vets, though. They'd get to hang out with kids, interface with what they were fighting for over there.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"Most armed guards and cops are fairly well trained to react to situations faster than the average Joe. "

lol. You don't know many cops I take it.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17118 posts)
Fjep:

That is true inside your echo chamber. Most teachers don't want cops patrolling the schools, most parents don't want cops patrolling the schools, most people don't want cops patrolling their schools.

The only reason you think this now is that people are afraid. Knee jerk reactions aren't a want, it is a belief that there is a need for.

What there really is a need for is to fix society, and that will not happen until we hit rock bottom and we turn the fat hogs of our society (the wealthiest who have only become fatter off our work) to the jagged bed rock, to be used to cushion our fall.

It is what happens each and every time a society collapses. Greed is pinned between the masses and the jagged bedrock, it's bubbles of self importance and fat splattered and spread across the whole of society and the people eat well from the remains of the hogs as they rebuild their homes and the wealthy who survived are humbled either by mock trials (see soviet union) or flee the messes that they made.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7582 posts)
Actually Robert the public is in favor of more cops in schools, and many schools have had them for a long time. As far as the DEA and the BATF, they are about as popular as the IRS. The public would not say a peep about doing away with them, probably cheer.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19417 posts)
Fjep:

You and I both know is that this isn't happening. further even if you disbanded the ATF and DEA, we woukdnt invest into armed security guards in every school, because the public won't accept it. The public woukd most assurably not accept fortifying the schools on a level which would be necessary to stop a sandyhook shooting.

Should you manage to find that funding, you now have left the daycare centers open, the nursing homes open, the most hospitals, any after school programs... Out door gym classes, any sporting event, hell... Any event not in the home.

Worst yet, these shooters won't care about dying. Most kill themselves.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7582 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 48   End
TOPIC: NRA says to put more guns in school