NRA drops the ball : Swingers Discussion 213801
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsNRA drops the ball
TOPIC: NRA drops the ball
Created by: Robert_Hil
Original Starting post for this thread:
Every injury and or death after the first is a tragedy. Sadly the NRA dropped the ball by not specifically stating that they aren't supporting arming the teachers.

You have 30 seconds to get someones attention, the NRA wasted those seconds with telling everyone to live in fear if you don't have a gun on hand. This isn't the message that the public wanted to hear.

The NRA should have started with the second half its speech, it should have stated how it was going to give to any agency which ask for it, help in defending itself. But the NRA should have said that more guns isn't the biggest component to this problem.

They touched on mental illness, they had a opening the size of a planet there... They dropped the ball. They spent too much time glorifying how weapons protect you, how the evil media hurts you and blinds you to the truth.

True or not, this isn't what the public wanted to hear... Like it or not, we are stuck with the media and to blame the hand that feeds without providing a real and easily obtainable alternative which isn't you or other gun nuts... Isn't providing an alternative.

If you lose your access to assault weapons, gun shows, and other areas in which to obtain these fire arms legally... You have only yourself to blame, because you the contributors to the NRA support the short sightedness of their speech you heard here today.

You need to make mental illness the number one issue when it comes to gun control, you need to make the damaged and nearly destroyed sense of self worth in this nation your number two issue as to why so many feel they must turn to violence and guns to solve what ills them.

You failed this round, baring sanity by the left... They will trade seats for another Brady bill.... Congratulations, 2014/2016 is back on the table. Your poker hand was well played... or if you have been playing chess with your rights... This pawn was well sacrificed.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 25   End
User Details are only visible to members.
In every school district where more guns are purchased to support the political agenda that more guns in school districts are the solution to the massacre and murder of innocent children and their teachers. will the NRA be awarding more assault weapon polka dots for the vests of their shooters?

For every assault weapon sold that results in another death at an early age in America, another polka dot for the shooters vest? Proof of defense of Second Amendment Shooter's Rights over the Right to Life, Liberty and Happiness of American citizens?

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7036 posts)
Norcalcouple, Most excellent post! We agree completely. I will add there be 6 or 7 trained teachers, coaches or staff in general in each school,..........trained in using assault weapons, crisis and general hostage situations andof course have a variety of this kind of weaponry available at each school. The trained staff would be unknown to most.

Bonneau SC
Username hidden
(352 posts)
Israel is surrounded by hostile areas, and terrorists have often brought violence. America is thousands of miles from any hostile country, but some of our citizens go off their rockers and use guns against their own.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I"m really getting tired of the lies that are out there in the liberal media. Today I read a post on another board that stated that you could convert an AR to an M16 with a simple parts change. What total BS. No can do folks. I know this because I'm a gun smith and have built up many AR's from parts all legal. I'm also a retired AB Ranger and have packed and used the M16 and variants of that weapon for 23 years. When a mentally ill person brings a gun someplace to do damage to others don't show up empty handed to stop them. Never bring a knife to a gun fight. Tho only possible way that this moron could have been stopped was for someone to shoot him. Period. I would volunteer to guard the school where my family is in a heartbeat. I have better firearms training than the local cops do and a heck of a lot more experience in firefights than all of them put together. The only answer to protecting our children from morons with guns is to put an armed and trained person between our children and the morons. It is the only answer out there that is logical and proven to work. Take a look at the situation in Israel. There are always guns in the hands if trained people in their schools. No child has ever been killed by a single one of them and the terrorists who target the Israeli citizens won't go where they know they will face an armed resistance.

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
Today's HuffPo front page, gee what do you think that liberal ridden website is trying to do?

TO LIVE AND DIE IN AMERICA 3 Shot And Killed In Mich... 18-Year-Old Shot Multiple Times, Dies... Man Kills Wife, Teen, Himself... Man Shoots, Kills Own Son... Cops Shoot Teen Dead... Man Gunned Down In Parking Lot... 5 Dead In Spate Of Shootings... 2 Murdered In Philly... 2 Kansas Cops Shot Dead... Shooter Killed... 4 Die In Apparent Murder-Suicide... Ga. Cop Dies From Gunshot... Argument Leads Teen To Shoot Friend... Man Shot To Death... Teen Dies After Being Tied Up, Shot... Man Shot Dead In Street... Drug Deal Leads To Shooting Death... Mother Of 2 Killed In Road Rage Shooting... Man Shoots, Kills Intruder... 1 Killed In Coney Island... Man Dies From Gunshot Wounds... Cops Investigate Gun Death... Shooting Victim's Body Found On Bike Trail... Man Charged With Shooting Own Brother Dead... Man Dies After Being Shot In Chest... Body Of Shooting Victim Found In Pickup... Teen Arrested For Robbery Shooting Death... Man Carrying 2-Year-Old Son Shot Dead... Man Fatally Shot Near Home... Parolee Dies In Shooting... 1 Killed In Buffalo Shooting... Man Shot Dead In Apartment Complex... Street Gun Battle Kills Grandma Bystander... Man, Woman Dead In Apparent Murder-Suicide... Woman Shot Dead By Intruder... 14-Year-Old Arrested Over Fatal Gun Attack... Man Found Shot Dead In Parking Lot... Woman Shot In Face By Ex-Boyfriend... 1 Woman, 3 Men Shot Dead... 2 Die In Attempted Robbery... Army Reservist Shot To Death In Alley... Man Shot To Death In Bodega... 2 Shot Dead In Burned House... Man Shot During Break-In... Man Fatally Shot... 20-Year-Old Gunned Down... Man Shoots Self During Police Pursuit... 1 Killed In Baltimore Shooting... Cops ID Shooting Victim... 60-Year-Old Man Shot Dead... Shot Man's Body Found In Vacant House.... Woman Shot And Killed Outside Her Home... Shooting Victim Was 'Trying To Turn Life Around'... Slain Shooting Victim Found In Street.... Driving Altercation Leads To Shooting, 1 Dies... 3-Year-Old Dies In Accidental Shooting... Man Turns Self In After Allegedly Shooting Wife... Man Shot Dead Outside Home... 3 Slain In Separate New Orleans Shootings... Cops Investigate Shooting Death... Man Shot Dead In Ohio... Teen Shot To Death... Man Dies After Being Shot Multiple Times... Man Charged Over Son's Shooting Death... Cops Find 2 Men Shot Dead... 1 Dies In Shooting... Man Charged Over Gun Killing... 1 Shot Dead In Confrontation... Man Charged With Murder Over Shooting... Motel-Owner Shot And Killed... Husband Shoots Estranged Wife Dead... Suspect Arrested Over Deputy's Shooting Death... Police Probe Fatal Shooting... Cops Kill 2 Suspects In 3 Shooting Deaths... Man Killed Fighting Back Against Robber... Man Killed In Home Invasion.... Nightclub Shooting Kills 1... Child Brain Dead After Drive By Shooting... Man Charged Over Shooting Of Ex-Wife... Body Found In Vacant House... Teen Fatally Shot...

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16829 posts)
Z:

The point is that the gasoline can be used illegally.. Has been used illegally to make bombs and or burn people.

If we are to be fearful of every tool used illegally, than why should we not ban all tools which can be used illegally?

You can move the snow with a shovel and your garbage cans like I do.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
To Robert

I don't remember any news story that associated buying a gallon of gasoline for a Toro snow thrower with an 8 inch cut depth that was used to massacre school chldren and teachers.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7036 posts)
Sweet cherub tomatoes make a big splat that looks like blood, but is only meant to surprise and demean the promoters of real violence, who would be dead if automatic fire weapons were brought to their press conferences.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7036 posts)
CW I saw a clip of them disrupting the speech. These are the types that should not have guns, these have always been the people prone to violence.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19441 posts)
Fjep:

Once again, you fail to understand anything.

You are losing your freedoms not because of the liberals... You are losing your gun rights (which no right is absolute) because you can't offer anything more than the idea of more guns.

A fire arm is the weapon of a coward, no different than a bomb or chemical weapon. You need little skill to kill a mass of people.

Now I will admit that the NRA made some good points hidden behind rhetoric. I stated this in my opening. Their advertising was a complete and total failure.

Everything of meaning that the NRA said was saved for the ending... The ending is the least important part of any speech. It is when the most amount of people have already tuned you out and or are watching something else.

Volunteers are great for fire men, they are great for finding lost children... They ought not be used for school security, that is what a badged officer of the law ought to be used for and nothing else.

Security guards (unarmed) ought to be used as the front line defense, the badged officer the last line... The line before the children. The Unarmed security guards ought to be the thing the kids see daily and at the doors and check points.

Guns only make a select few feel safer, this has been a fact sense the time of the Roman legion and their swords. The General public doesn't like to see men with clubs, men with swords, men with guns.

It is a hypocrisy that the general public desires to be more safe, but that is the rules of the game you must play in... Failure to play yeilds the total loss of all of your fire arms over time. I implore you to play the game and play it well, because I see the fire arm debate as the wall between me and my enjoyable activities and this is why I am trying to help you defend your guns... All of them.

As current, you are failing to play this game well.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 25   End
TOPIC: NRA drops the ball