NEW JERSEY - Bans Death Penalty : Swingers Discussion 934611071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsNEW JERSEY - Bans Death Penalty
TOPIC: NEW JERSEY - Bans Death Penalty
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   71 to 80 of 97   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Yeah if you are too embarrassed about who you voted for or did not vote I can see why someone would not talk about it...lol

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
There are other societies, France, England, Canada, where the secret ballad is held in such a high regard it is considered a severe faux pas to discuss publicly "whom", exactly, you plan to vote for.

I like this sentiment. Along with elevating one of the bastions of free democracy; the secret ballot- it would seem to focus the discussion on the issues more than the candidates themselves.

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(260 posts)
Poly....

Curious....who did you vote for the last three elections...and who are you going to vote for in the next?

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(180 posts)
The founders of the republic knew that if you gave the state to much power, the state would cease to be an instrument of the people. With the amount of money and influence traded at even the local level, I think that day has arrived. I am against the death penalty. Not only does giving the state the right to kill violate my principles based on the above premise; but it has been shown over the years to be ineffectual at reducing crime, and all of the methods used are cruel and unusual. When most people talk of justice, they really mean revenge. This is usually based on some old world, superstitous sense of a divine, just ideal. If a system really wants to serve the interests of it's public it should rehabilitate as many offenders as it can, force them to pay a reasonable restitution, and let them FULLY return to society. Those not rehabilitatable should be studied, in the hopes that society can prevent such variables from occurring. Though they have been ridiculously under- funded, most of the studies on the subject have found BIOLOGICAL mental impairment among death row inmates show. THE overwhelming majority usually the result of extreme trauma i.e.; child abuse, combined with fetal- alcohol syndrome or brain development hampered by adolescent malnutrition. IMHO, a self- perpetuating cycle of violence, best addressed as a class issue. With better education and compassionate, minimal intervention, there's a good chance we could prevent most violent criminals from ever becoming that way.

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(260 posts)
Poly, nothing derogatory intended...you said: "Destin, I do not consider myself a liberal, yet the Death Penalty doesn't sit well with me. And abortion should be up to the person carrying the child. Imagine that? :)

-M" that in itself is a conflicted statement and it seemed as though you knew it by your "imagine that"...that was all I was talking about...please put the sword away...lol

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
....being on the bottom is a good thing...it means I get to do less work...

xoxoxo

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(180 posts)
Poly, you are clearly conflicted, I gave my opinion, others may differ. and that's OK Criminals for the most part are guilty of something, most that may have not done the deed they were convicted of have done other crimes. Set 9 criminals free, never, kill one innocent person, I hope not but that does not deter my feelings that we do not use the death penalty enough and that the process is too slow.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Well I consider you a lib........imagine that.... :D

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(180 posts)
destin,

9 guilty people should go free in order that 1 innocent person does not go to jail/be executed... do u believe in that principle?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Typical stupid liberal BS, try them, convict them, free dna test and appeal all within 1 year, fry them on the 366th day...

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   71 to 80 of 97   End
TOPIC: NEW JERSEY - Bans Death Penalty