NEW JERSEY - Bans Death Penalty : Swingers Discussion 934611061
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsNEW JERSEY - Bans Death Penalty
TOPIC: NEW JERSEY - Bans Death Penalty
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   61 to 70 of 97   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I think if you read the Federalist Papers, or the Declaration of Independence, it's easy to see that we were more like that once. All I think is we should be again. Before 1940 or so, the vast majority of prisons in this country were self sustaining, with prisoners making their own clothes and growing their own food. Hardly a free ride, yet we had less people incarcerated per capita (#1 in the world now) then. Speculative real estate orchestrated a sea change in American values in the 50's that gave rise to the suburbs and the consumer as we know it today. I, for one, think we're worse off.

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(260 posts)
Lusty, you have NO idea the cost of freedom...you just want to be free to do as you please without the cost..typical young liberal...life experiences and maturity may heal you in the furure.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Your god gave US the power to sort it out, Genesis 1: 26- 28, 2: 18-20

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(260 posts)
Maybe I'm misunderstood you Lusty, sorry..... but it sounds like you want to be more compassionate with our values and justice system and make them more like the Euro's or make us like them......

....Anyway....Poly.....maybe you can tell us who you were going to vote for in the past (Did you vote for Reagan?) and where you lean more (Estimation) towards now if you had to pick right now this minute.....

I like Duncan Hunter....but he's not electable yet....So I'd go with Gulianni (That how you spell his name?) lol

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(180 posts)
"It needs to be simple...break the law and pay the price...."

Simple solutions to complex problems rarely have any lasting results.

"people to know the difference between right and wrong...."

This sentence fragment is confusing, but if you meant to say "people NEED to know..." I agree, so we teach them. Those that can't be taught, find out why.

"I don't think we need to spend too much time and money in rehab.....it's more of a character issue than a disease to be rehabbed......"

Most studies involving CT and MRI scans of deathrow inmates disagree with you.

"I don't really want to hear how someone didn't get their mommies tit....was abused....was abandoned....etc...etc...excuses excuses....we all have our issues in life and it's how we make our own decisions......i'm not big on understanding a criminal or murderer or care about their emotions"

Aside from the moral and religious (if that's your bag) reasons why we SHOULD care, DoggyB, there are a multitude of social and economic reasons why we should pursue the EXPLANATIONS for these behaviors. All you're revealing is your impatience.

"...I also don't like the idea of building a crutch for our society to fall on...we have enough of the for the wrong people to abuse as it is...." The ABUSE is the problem, not the crutches themselves.

...my buck o five The cost of freedom ;-)~

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(260 posts)
lusty I guess you belive in the tooth fairy and secret police too...ask the clintons what happens when you try to keep secrets..." I did not have sex with that woman!"

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
yep lib's are the fool...you got that right lusty

Killem' all and let God sort it out!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Doggy B, that idiot comment was about Detestin' FL

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(260 posts)
=sigh=

What's more sad; an idiot, or one who fights tooth and nail to stay one?

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(260 posts)
Lusty...you might as well draw your laws and standards in the sand....back up and draw new ones and recycle that.....It needs to be simple...break the law and pay the price.....people to know the difference between right and wrong....I don't think we need to spend too much time and money in rehab.....it's more of a character issue than a disease to be rehabbed......

I don't really want to hear how someone didn't get their mommies tit....was abused....was abandoned....etc...etc...excuses excuses....we all have our issues in life and it's how we make our own decisions......i'm not big on understanding a criminal or murderer or care about their emotions

...I also don't like the idea of building a crutch for our society to fall on...we have enough of the for the wrong people to abuse as it is....

...my buck o five

xooxooxoo marianne

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(180 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   61 to 70 of 97   End
TOPIC: NEW JERSEY - Bans Death Penalty