Mrs John Edwards : Swingers Discussion 759661021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsMrs John Edwards
TOPIC: Mrs John Edwards
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 26 of 26 
User Details are only visible to members.
John Edwards made approximately 80 million dollars suing doctors and hospitals. One of the areas he “championed” within the legal arena was suing on behalf of children born with cerebral palsy. Edwards would “channel” the injured infant in a womb, playing to a juries emotions concerning the need for a child to be removed via C-section versus normal birthing. Since all of Edwards lawsuit’s the rate of c-sections in the U.S. has gone from 6 percent of births to approximately 28 percent. Many doctors now do c-sections because they are fearful of being sued. The irony of all of this is over the last 12 to 15 years, since those trials and settlements, scientist have now found that cerebral palsy is not caused by anything a doctor does in the delivery room. Gee - you would think if Edwards was about the truth or about honor he would give that money back, but of course that is not happening. Edwards played on peoples UNFOUNDED fears and made millions. Also Edwards has NO client, I repeat NO client that is a millionaire from any lawsuit Edwards won. Yet Edwards is that 100 times over. Edwards used and twisted the legal process to make himself rich. Nothing in his cases reflect that he was fighting to make peoples lives better or expose real danger or incompetence. He s the type of lawyer that has affected all of our lives, by making the health care and insurance systems charge higher rates and larger deductibles due to his slight of hand and charlatan attitude that winning is more important then the truth.

I have met Edwards on several occasions and he comes across as a smiling phony who makes me want to shower after being in his presence. I harbor no ill will towards his wife and wish her the best. However, Edwards has demonstrated to me that just like Al Gore, he is all about power, control and his own gratification in obtaining those things. Just like in all career fields you have bad apples and those who are or try to do good. Edwards is a charming, charismatic figure, but a deeper look, in my opinion, reflects he is a snake oil salesman.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
cmon sen, u are "better" than posting "i would not put it past edwards to use his wife to get the sympathy vote". that does not sound like your typical substantive post. any basis for that harsh harsh opinion of the man? also i love how u throw in the fact that he was an attorney. the relevance of that is what?

if u were going to throw that in u should have added that he was ... arrggh a TRIAL LAWYER!!! ahhhhh :-)

as for me, I would not and could not go forward but I believe it is a personal decision and an admirable one knowing that a lot of people will attack him and sadly, his wife as well. i can't wait to hear the "she's faking it" wackos!!

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
I give her maybe two years. She will be really sick by the time the election comes around next year. As Dave said this is a decision between the both of them. If they feel that they could fight this election in it's latter stages with she being very sick then God bless them. It it was me however I could not do it.

Miramar FL

Username hidden
(2075 posts)
My personal belief is that it is what it is.....a personal decision regarding the way she "wants" to live out the remainder of her life.

What is the difference here? She and he knows the end is on the horizon versus a sitting President who gets a surprise diagnosis of self or spouse after being elected!. I don't personally see much of a difference. I believe that any President or Presidential candidate would have a difficult time dealing with the death of thier spouse. There are no guarantees that we would "unknowingly" (to us the public or to the individual themselves) elect an individual who suddenly lost his/her first lady/gentleman and not attend to government duties. Perhaps with Edwards knowing the end is near would be able to handle his duties more rather than less since he would have been prepared for the event. We have no guarantee that if GW lost Laura today by illness or accident how he would handle his personal grief and accomplish his duties at the same time. Isn't that one reason there are so many underlings?

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)
OK, I am going to go out on a limb here. First, I empathize and sympathize with Mrs Edwards, as I do not wish her condition on anyone.

However, hearing the news about her condition I almost instantly thought about the movie "The American President" with Michael Douglas: President Andrew Shepherd: If Mary hadn't died, would we have won three years ago? A.J.: Would we have won? President Andrew Shepherd: If we had to go through a character debate three years ago, would we have won? A.J.: I don't know. But I would have liked that campaign. If my friend Andy Shepherd had shown up, I would have liked that campaign very much.

I know this sounds cynical but I would not put it past Edwards to be using his wife's condition to gain the "sympathy" vote while also using her condition as a shield, just as it is implied in the movie dialogue above, to keep people from challenging his character. Edwards is an opportunist and a slight of hand politician, he was as an attorney as well. Personally, I don't think he has a chance in hell of becoming President.

Answering the question directly, No, I do not think he should be running. The pressure on both a Presidential candidate, as well as that person's spouse, is so great that her condition can only be made worse. Edwards should step down regardless of what his wife says and provide her the best quality of life he can. He has the money and resources and she deserves to have fun until she no longer can.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I feel that he that he does not stand much of a chance at winning the nomination anyway, which may be a factor in his decision. That being said I wish nothing but the best for him and his family. I can't begin to imagine what it must be like living with that illness day after day. His wife is a true profile in courage. And I hope she beats this thing. I'm just waiting for the whole stem cell debate to start up from this.......

Now would it be wrong of me to say that I think she's cute? I mean cancer aside for second ya know?

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 26 of 26 
TOPIC: Mrs John Edwards