Mrs John Edwards : Swingers Discussion 75966101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsMrs John Edwards
TOPIC: Mrs John Edwards
Created by: TripleThreat The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 26   End
User Details are only visible to members.
John Edward is a nice guy ....Too Nice His wife has no berring on it for me, But I hope she will recover. that is some serious shit she has.

Tony Snow is now in the hospital for his second stint with cancer as well. Wonder if he will be replaced? I hope not I like the man, Met him hell of a nice guy.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12440 posts)
Scott, I concur with your sentiments, and Dzzy is correct that my bias concerning John Edwards is based on my perception of him and my own personal feelings.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I feel bad for mrs edwards. but i wasn't going to vote for her husband anyway. I'm a republican.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Dzzy

Most believe accountants and lawyers are devious crooks......until they themselves "need" thier services personally.....Then they are OK.

As an accountant the most frequent question I get asked:

How can I "hide" this $100,000 I made of the sale of "fill in the blank" from IRS?

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
perfect,

do u believe that when u go to your accountant for your taxes. do u want him to use the system in place to maximize your deductions.....or not?

the lawyer's duty is to his CLIENT... not to the system...

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
I agree that most legislators are lawyers but couldn't that transition from days of old (with the common man in Congress) to the current bloating of lawyers have been a necessity? I can't see commoners writing laws in Congress these days at all. Seems to me that virtually anything that commoners as Congressmen would draft most likely would not pass constitutional or legal scrutiny once challenged and in the courts. Almost seems to necessitate lawyers drafting law that would hold up in court.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
The Law and the vast majority of lawyers who serve the law, both civil and criminal, are honorable people with the best of intentions. My gripe and what seems to be much of Americas grip is the law is no longer controlled, legislated or understood by most Americans.

Take a mortgage contract, a contract for a new vehicle, even an employees contract with an employer, not to mention disclosure or non-disclosure agreements and most lay people have no real understanding of them.

Up to the 1960s our Congress was filled with people from all walks of life and business experiences. From the late 1960s on, our legislators are 80 percent or more attorneys by profession. Even the House which was primarily created by our founders to be a representation of the common man has evolved into a bunch of "intellectuals". Therefore, it has become natural for Congress to draft, write and propose laws, taxes, and spending bills in language that only the majority in Congress understand.

I think this evolution to "lawyers" be the predominate force in getting elected to many positions was benign and subconscious. However, it does seem to me that by having a government body that is predominately run by lawyers and other intellectual professionals distances itself from the rest of America. The long term effects of this can not be good. Much of our societies distrust of "lawyers" is based on unwarranted perception, but some of that perception has been created by the profession itself. Just like we hear mostly the bad news concerning Iraq, we also only hear the bad news about cops, doctors, nurses, teachers, etc., AND LAWYERS.

Society as a whole must take responsibility for unwarranted negative perceptions about any career field or other stereotype. However, each profession to include those who practice and have a great impact on the law, must also take some responsibility. In most cities and in many rural areas, cops no longer police themselves, thanks in large part to past cases where attorneys demonstrated the need to have civilian review boards to oversee the "boys in blue". However, that same fraternity of lawyers GIVE THE PERCEPTION of protecting their own without the same overview by society.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Dzzy,

You are absolutely correct that we still have the best system in the world.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
don't disagree with some of your points sen.

i would say, if you don't like the system, legislate change. like it or not, it's still the best system in the world. and further i say, don't condemn the lawyer who uses the current system to his or her advantage which inures to the benefit of their clients. that what he/she is supposed to do in zealously representing the client.

hope your son follows the path he desires. although sadly the compensation with probably be about 1/3 or less if he goes from a big private firm to the public sector.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
don't disagree with some of your points sen.

i would say, if you don't like the system, legislate change. like it or not, it's still the best system in the world. and further i say, don't condemn the lawyer who uses the current system to his or her advantage which inures to the benefit of their clients. that what he/she is supposed to do in zealously representing the client.

hope your son follows the path he desires. although sadly the compensation with probably be about 1/3 or less if he goes from a big private firm to the public sector.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 26   End
TOPIC: Mrs John Edwards