More violent deaths in US than other wealthy nations, report shows : Swingers Discussion 2151311061
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsMore violent deaths in US than other wealthy nations, report shows
TOPIC: More violent deaths in US than other wealthy nations, report shows
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 140   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I think anyone using race to compare the violence is in fact hiding the real problem of the root cause of violence here in the USA. Take all forms of race out of the demographics. Supplement race with people who the government is "helping" by placing them on social welfare programs. My hypothesis is: You will find a direct correlation between long term welfare and violence. But to even think about ending welfare is taboo.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
"Can one escape the conclusion that mentally ill people are less dangerous than white people, and MUCH less dangerous than black people?"

" I didn't actually present a conclusion based on race at all. I allowed the mental midgets of the world to draw their own knee-jerk conclusions based on their own pre-conceived ideas of what those who disagree with them are like. "

-- The same person authored both of these in this thread.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"Wild and reckless is to compare the apple which is the US to the orange which is the UK."

-- VB mentioned that the Finland murder rate was 3/4 of the rate among white Americans, and I put up the numbers for other northern European countries, which were 1/10 to 1/2 that rate.

"It's just plain stupid to ignore the hard statistical facts that demographics are by far the biggest determinate. "

-- We can't pass a law that will immediately change the demographics, but we can pass a law that immediately changes the availability of guns.

"But, it's not wild and reckless to suggest that guns are bought by white people, sold/given to/lost by theft to black people, and this is OK with white people, since it's mostly black people killing other black people (so say you)."

-- I could have sworn VB was asking what could explain the difference in murder rates between demographic groups. I suggested about half (according to polls) of white Americans are racist, and it may not bother some of those people to illegally sell guns to blacks. Above, he's used "white people" for "white racists".

"I'm finished having this battle of wits with an unarmed foe."

-- So he said, before returning with more, and denial that he'd said he was finished, and more "no mas".

And I had naively thought we were having a discussion, providing facts; not an armed battle.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Roiled the waters and bolted? I've been posting in this thread for four hours.

I recognized you were simply stonewalling the statistics and arguments I was making. I actually took them time to research the numbers I reported. This is not an example of a hit-and-run. I've simply lost interest in debating it any more with you.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18782 posts)
OK excuse me I'm not putting up with this bullshit. I am not debating this further but I am not going to let you put words in my mouth.

"He seemed to be suggesting that black people were the problem, and then revolting against the suggestion that white people could find that convenient. Was there anything else in his argument? "

I did no such thing. I didn't actually present a conclusion based on race at all. I allowed the mental midgets of the world to draw their own knee-jerk conclusions based on their own pre-conceived ideas of what those who disagree with them are like. And you did it - late, but eventually.

I said that the numbers for the US were dramatically skewed due to violence among certain demographics. Black people themselves are not the problem. White people are not the problem. Violent people are the problem.

As I said - I judge people individually by their own merits. I do not wish to infringe on any law-abiding person's rights - black white or otherwise. I'm not the one out to control people. I did not misuse any statistics at all.

I am tired of hitting you over the head with numbers and logic. It's fun for a little bit sometimes, but I had to run out for a bit to mail the quarterly checks that people such as yourself don't think are nearly big enough.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18782 posts)
VaBeach has again roiled the waters and then bolted from the scene. Well, we can only guess at what was his wish for how the discussion could go. It was perhaps destined to be too little or too much, depending on what he got in response.

He seemed to be suggesting that black people were the problem, and then revolting against the suggestion that white people could find that convenient. Was there anything else in his argument?

I hope I missed something, and that it's not that overtly creepy.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"Poor people have to shoot someone to survive? "

Guess I missed who said this.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Poor people have to shoot someone to survive?

Guess I missed that note when I was living on Ramen noodles.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Wild and reckless is to compare the apple which is the US to the orange which is the UK.

Wild and reckless is to suggest that the major factor in the difference in homicide rate between these countries is the availability of guns while ignoring the dramatically different demographics.

It's just plain stupid to ignore the hard statistical facts that demographics are by far the biggest determinate.

But, it's not wild and reckless to suggest that guns are bought by white people, sold/given to/lost by theft to black people, and this is OK with white people, since it's mostly black people killing other black people (so say you).

I'm finished having this battle of wits with an unarmed foe.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18782 posts)
Gun manufacturers sell to FFL dealers, they do not sell direct to the public. Green is the magic color, not white or black.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 140   End
TOPIC: More violent deaths in US than other wealthy nations, report shows