More violent deaths in US than other wealthy nations, report shows : Swingers Discussion 2151311051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsMore violent deaths in US than other wealthy nations, report shows
TOPIC: More violent deaths in US than other wealthy nations, report shows
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 151   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Well lets see some came over and worked in factories and lived in slums, some where taken out of prisons and shipped over by the english, some pooled their money together and worked together to survive, others where trapped like animales and shipped over on slave ships. Some where explorers and where financed by the royal families, Some of mine traveled over by way of the Bering Strait. My ancestors who came over from Europe in 1912 to escape the german aggression, cleaned houses did laundry and worked in the factories. My great grandfather traveled back on forth to brazil to work in the mines. Oh and there are a few of my ancestors who where whores and bank robbers.

Even the pioneers had to have money to make the trip out west and a lot of them didn't make it.

Username hidden
(1198 posts)
Right...

Just keep believing that.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(2640 posts)
Nken

Give the parents of true kids the choice if your kids are not in school you have to be and if you do not take that choice then we will arrest you, put your kids in the custody of the state and with them goes your welfare and your food stamps.

As if by magic those kids will go to school

Red Bluff CA

Username hidden
(438 posts)
*To answer that question I would have to know which group you are refering to.*

Pick a group, ANY group, ANY nationality or race.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16521 posts)
This is just dumb...

"If you are living in a war zone the only priority you should have if you are a good parent is to get your children out of that environment."

There's plenty of good parents that would love to move from said war zone. You think they're there because they want to be?

" Where there is a will there is a way. If all you are going to do is make excuses then it will never happen."

Fair enough. If they can't find jobs is it okay for them sell drugs to the suburban kids to earn more money to get out?

"We need to go to a system that if kids do not go to school the parents have to. Yep. go get them and make them sit in that desk at school every day. Evidently they didn't learn what they needed the first time around or they would know they must keep their kids in school."

So if a kid cuts school his or her parent may lose their minimum wage jobs to sit in class?

"If they don't like going to school arrest them, put their kids into the care of the state and all that welfare money for the family goes with the kids"

Place the parents in already overcrowded jails. Make their kids a ward of the state in an already overburdened foster kid program. Do the kids get the money or does the state keep it?

"The parents would be making the kids go to school each and every day in less than a week."

School Districts have fined parents for truancy for years. I still see kids cutting school almost everyday.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(2640 posts)
if you are a good parent is to get your children out of that environment.

There in lies on of the problems, Bad parents breed bad parents.(the fracture of the family unit)

Personaly I say build a fence and leave them to their own demise. But that's not the point of the discussion.

Username hidden
(1198 posts)
I'm not going to deny the fact that we are a dead beat nation.

So how did our ancestors do it, without a pot to piss in, and they moved from another continent altogether. To answer that question I would have to know which group you are refering to.

The basic problem is the fracture of the family structure. When my son and his wife where stuck in Austin tx, unable to find jobs, I spent over 2k to move them to New Orleans. When my Daughter and her husband where stuck in Arkansas, It cost my over 2k to move them.

When the wife and i moved from Texas to Oregan 7yrs ago it cost us over a grand. That's ony because we lived with my aunt for two months.

Right now we are working on moving from New orleans to Dallas. It's going to cost us around 3k to do so.

Username hidden
(1198 posts)
Because it takes money to move. also where are they going to go , rural Mississippi?

If you are living in a war zone the only priority you should have if you are a good parent is to get your children out of that environment. Where there is a will there is a way. If all you are going to do is make excuses then it will never happen. We need to go to a system that if kids do not go to school the parents have to. Yep. go get them and make them sit in that desk at school every day. Evidently they didn't learn what they needed the first time around or they would know they must keep their kids in school.

If they don't like going to school arrest them, put their kids into the care of the state and all that welfare money for the family goes with the kids.

The parents would be making the kids go to school each and every day in less than a week.

Red Bluff CA

Username hidden
(438 posts)
"1. I returned because I did not wish to leave your charge of me being racist to stand unanswered."

Now this is an interesting twist. You made comments that could easily be construed as racist, even though you were just trolling for such an accusation. Your most "provocative" lines have been deleted.

I didn't call you racist; I said that something like half of white Americans are. But you had your foregone conclusion, it seems.

"2. "-- The same person authored both of these in this thread. "

Yes, I did. And you have a point. While I didn't intend to say *I* was drawing the conclusion and intended to ask what other conclusion one *could* draw, fair enough."

So, let me get this straight. I replied that the numbers didn't add up, weren't believable, and they shouldn't be followed to any conclusion.

And while it's a good start to recognize that you are in fact the one who said your conclusion was "inescapable", someone else is a "mental midget" for seeing through it? And offering alternative interpretations?

"*Now* I walk from this thread. Allege whatever you like, I will not answer it. "

And I have to say that alleging I called you or anyone a "racist", when I did nothing of the sort, is something I can't walk away from.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"Education and parenting. Two are better than one, and when that one didn't have proper education or the understanding that books take you further than sports, entertainment, and religion/prayer... This is what you have. "

That could be the first intelligent thing I've seen 8 post. Doubtful he's smart enough to see the solution.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 151   End
TOPIC: More violent deaths in US than other wealthy nations, report shows