More violent deaths in US than other wealthy nations, report shows : Swingers Discussion 2151311041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsMore violent deaths in US than other wealthy nations, report shows
TOPIC: More violent deaths in US than other wealthy nations, report shows
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 142   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Wait, this administration has made it almost impossible for the poor to afford guns and ammo. How can the poor be shooting to survive? Is that what those gang bangers are doing in Chicago, drive by shooting to survive?

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
" "Poor people have to shoot someone to survive? "

Guess I missed who said this. "

Outdoors, I asked that because of this post by you:

"Poverty drives people to desperation. It doesn't matter if they're black or white. Rich people don't usually feel they have to shoot someone to survive. "

You implied that anyone other than a rich person may feel they have to shoot someone to survive. Because you referred to a poverty driven action, I chose to ask if you actually believed those in poverty usually feel they have to shoot someone to survive.

Perhaps I should have worded the question differently.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Why liberalism will ultimately fail By William Bennett,

Google it.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
There is nothing here to keep the parents from moving their children from these inner city war zoned. The rent there is high, the costs of services there are high, and the death rate is high. They have no jobs.....

So just what is it that keeps them there??? They can take the money they live on there and live someplace else.

If it is important enough you will get it done. If it is not that important you will make excuses, play the part of the victim and roll the dice on your children's lives.

We are responsible for ourselves and our families. Any attempt to put that responsibility on others is a total crock.

Nothing is easy in life, it all depends on how much you want it.

I live in a multi racial community. I watch the Hispanic community demonstrate the ability to move out of the cities, establish new residences and find jobs in this area all the time. But no,none, that is a big zero, blacks doing the same thing. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Wondering why this is????? The Hispanics come and get their names on the lists for subsidized housing. When they get a unit they move because it is at a very low cost and they move in spending a much lower % of their aid checks on housing. Their husbands, yes their husbands are a part of their households, move to the area and find work in the local ag industry. Their children go to better schools with bilingual and english learners education. Those children graduate high school here and most of them go on to college. Now lets see, They take responsibility for themselves. they move to a place where they are safe, they find employment, they keep their kids in school and advance them into college. Seems all good to me. In one generation the family situation has changed radically for the better. I have not seen one Black family accomplish this in this community in the last 25 years, but have seen hundreds of Hispanic families do it. At some point in time you have to point to the black inner city culture and ask "Why Not"? Why are you really still here???

Red Bluff CA

Username hidden
(438 posts)
Ok, so then, what stops the deadbeats who whine about being poor and unable to move from moving?

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16497 posts)
"(the fracture of the family unit) "

THANK THE LIBERALS!!

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
Right...

Just keep believing that.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(2640 posts)
Nken

Give the parents of true kids the choice if your kids are not in school you have to be and if you do not take that choice then we will arrest you, put your kids in the custody of the state and with them goes your welfare and your food stamps.

As if by magic those kids will go to school

Red Bluff CA

Username hidden
(438 posts)
*To answer that question I would have to know which group you are refering to.*

Pick a group, ANY group, ANY nationality or race.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16497 posts)
This is just dumb...

"If you are living in a war zone the only priority you should have if you are a good parent is to get your children out of that environment."

There's plenty of good parents that would love to move from said war zone. You think they're there because they want to be?

" Where there is a will there is a way. If all you are going to do is make excuses then it will never happen."

Fair enough. If they can't find jobs is it okay for them sell drugs to the suburban kids to earn more money to get out?

"We need to go to a system that if kids do not go to school the parents have to. Yep. go get them and make them sit in that desk at school every day. Evidently they didn't learn what they needed the first time around or they would know they must keep their kids in school."

So if a kid cuts school his or her parent may lose their minimum wage jobs to sit in class?

"If they don't like going to school arrest them, put their kids into the care of the state and all that welfare money for the family goes with the kids"

Place the parents in already overcrowded jails. Make their kids a ward of the state in an already overburdened foster kid program. Do the kids get the money or does the state keep it?

"The parents would be making the kids go to school each and every day in less than a week."

School Districts have fined parents for truancy for years. I still see kids cutting school almost everyday.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(2640 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 142   End
TOPIC: More violent deaths in US than other wealthy nations, report shows