Mistake costs dishwasher $59,000 : Swingers Discussion 88190
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsMistake costs dishwasher $59,000
TOPIC: Mistake costs dishwasher $59,000
Created by: PolyGrl The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I would, but they never listen to me ;-)

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17345 posts)
lol@ tbr...OUCH!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
I'm really gonna hate to say this. ;-)

I agree with Destin (ouch that hurt) ;-).

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

It took him quite a while to accumulate $59K. He couldn't have learned a couple of words of English during that timer. Maybe enough to ask someone what he should do?

So I really have to disagree with the title of the post. It's not a mistake.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17345 posts)
The guys at the border had no clue how he got the $, they folloewd their orders and did the right thing...

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
I have advocated elsewhere that we should have a zero tolerance policy for employers. If a person without proper documents is found working for you, you lose your business. If there are no jobs, I think most of the undocumented will leave. In any case, you would have a lot more enforcement agents to find them.

Unfortunately, liberals and conservatives both have dogs in this fight. so it will not be easy to solve.

Conservative business owners want cheap labor. Liberals want the minority vote. Neither side has a lot of incentive to solve the problem, so they probably won't.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17345 posts)
Thanks tbr, why isn't the government going after the restaurant for tax evasion and hiring an illegal? I know it will be an astronomical cost but I think it would be cheaper at this point to seal the borders and stop them before they get in than to deport the ones we can catch. Once we have the borders secure maybe we could divert some resources to investigating and deporting criminal aliens and nationalizing those that have proven themselves productive citizens.

I have an old boat and there's always a bit of water inside but the pump handles it pretty well ,but I know if I got more water coming in than the pump can get out, I'd better start plugging some holes or I wont be floating very long. H.

Brunswick GA
Username hidden
(638 posts)
Restaurants and bars are one of the easiest businesses in which to hide money.

There is an old saying in the fast food business "food cost over cash." If you are short a bunch of money, a common practice is to void out some orders to make the cash come out close. Those voids would only cost you a couple of hundredths of a percent in your food cost.

It would be a fairly easy thing to skim off the bar or service tickets to pay a dishwasher or two $4 an hour. Hell, one good bar tab would pay two dishwashers for an entire week.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17345 posts)
PS. I hate bullies no matter what uniform they wear.

Brunswick GA
Username hidden
(638 posts)
Man, I can feel my foot getting closer to my mouth the more I think about saying this but..... What would be so terrible for our officials to explain the rules to this guy, charge him for the taxes he owes and send him home to build his house. If he has pay stubs that can be reconciled to $59,000 I seriously doubt he was involved in the drug trade. How many hours do you have to work to save that kind of dough? If things are as he says and he is that dedicated to his work and his family then I can't help but respect him and I think he would make a good citizen if he wanted to stay. How would a restaurant have an employee that didn't pay taxes anyway?

I usually don't consider my views as being liberal and frankly I think the liberal left is totally lacking in common sense but sometimes in life there are gray areas and this is one. We do need to seal our borders and and protect our citizens from those that would do us harm directly and those that undermine us economically. It may seem like I'm talking for both sides of the fence but in my uncomplicated mind it's like having a law that requires everyone to spay and neuter their pets but instead of enforcing that law the government walks around the neighborhood with a ball-bat to the head of any kittens they come across. It might be legal and it might be fun but it sure ain't nice!

On the other hand I think that any illegals caught committing crimes should be deported and their assets seized to pay for border security. On the other hand a sealed border would prevent most of this in the first place. On the other hand I'm probably way over my head on this topic. H.

Brunswick GA
Username hidden
(638 posts)
Who in their right mind would think that you could walk on a plane with $59,000 in cash.

Damn, at least turn it into international money orders or something.

Hell walk across the border for a couple of weeks taking a few thousand at a time.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17345 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
TOPIC: Mistake costs dishwasher $59,000