Minimum wage, it's your fault : Swingers Discussion 2184331061
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsMinimum wage, it's your fault
TOPIC: Minimum wage, it's your fault
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   61 to 70 of 81   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Good:

"It’s not uncommon to have a minimum wage job while in school. It’s not uncommon to have a minimum wage job immediately after leaving post secondary school. It’s not uncommon in a poor economy to not find a job in your most desired field for several years.

Such is life. You are not the only one to have experinced this."

Why do you people keep think explaining situations is complaining or crying? It is exchanging information so to build understanding. I haven't cried about my lot in life, nor do I intend to. That is why I am writing books, submitting to magazines ect...

I filed in my career due to a number of problems which were related to a failure to educate me. But I haven't stopped trying to do better. I pay out of my own pocket for my housing with my parents, I paid for and continue to do so my own college, I continue to try perfecting skills such as writing.

Where do you see me surrendering? Where do you see weakness? 9/10 people who have failed as many times as I have, who have been handed the short end of the stick as I have with not being educated well enough in finding a career and taken advantage of have stopped trying for anything better.

I don't date so to remain free of responsibilities which are higher than myself. (taking care a wife/children.) I don't waste my money on drugs or alcohol. (I haven't drank a drop in over 8 months and that was a social event we held for my sisters graduation from college.)

So far I think I have done pretty good at not surrendering when most everyone else has.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6896 posts)
*sigh* Agreed. Just one more...

TMI Robert, way TMI. A simple “yes” or “no” was the appropriate response. You need to work on that.

OK then, a math “word” problem. Let’s see, 1999 to 2008... Since we don’t know if you started on Jan 1st of 1999 and ended on Dec. 31st of 2008, let’s call that 9 years of employment at minimum wage, beginning 14 years ago. Which, if your profile age is correct, you started working at 13.

Assuming you were attending school until you were 18, that means you worked a minimum wage job before graduating HS, and while in HS.

So you worked at minimum wage until you were 22, then went off to a post secondary school. Upon completing post secondary school, you then returned to work for the past 2 years at a minimum wage job.

It’s not uncommon to have a minimum wage job while in school. It’s not uncommon to have a minimum wage job immediately after leaving post secondary school. It’s not uncommon in a poor economy to not find a job in your most desired field for several years.

Such is life. You are not the only one to have experinced this.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
All he wants is attention. It pains me to see some of you give it to him. He's just a different kind of troll that we are used to seeing. He's not the mean troll, he's the dumb troll.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
Waist of time.

Tulare CA

Username hidden
(1880 posts)
From 1999 until 2008, I earned minimum wage at giants. In 1999 it was 5.15 and by 2008 when the state minimum was raised to 7.25 all my work was wiped out as my earnings weren't risen or adjusted for the new mandate, so I once again worked minimum wage.

After 2008, I left for FL to enter the computer graphic industry (because I had finished school) and got no where. I wasn't taught the right programs, the information I was taught was out of date (community colleges being 5-10 years behind the times) and so on.

So I returned and have worked odd jobs until I obtained a stable minimum wage job which I now work at for the last 2 years.

Currently waiting on replies from applications from other places of employment.

All the while sending out book queries to agents and trying to sell 3d models online in my spare time.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6896 posts)
You lost me after "only because..."

I'll take that as, "yes, I earn the minimum wage.".

Am I to understand that you have earned minimum wage for the last 10 years?

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Only because there are no jobs where I can obtain skills and not have to work ten years at minimum wage pay.

Ten years of minimum wage pay destroys a society, it prevents those workers from advancing themselves within society, contributing to society through paying taxes and overall demoralizes a population.

This is a chief reason why the US is in such debt. You destroy people's willingness to work hard, because they see no advancement, and yes, you must be able to see real returns inside a year or two.

If you do not and you have been working hard, then you will stop working hard because the employer has said through action that they don't reward work.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6896 posts)
Are you at minimum wage?

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Good:

Well then, by your standards I should not be minimum wage.

You see, I am very trainable to do jobs... So long as those jobs lead to a career. If they don't, then they are simply shoveling sixteen tons into the back of a truck, to become another day older and another day of spinning your wheels.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6896 posts)
What a life! No gainful employment/career, house, or friends, girlfriend, no strange pussy, no certs or party invites.

Only one goofy-ass pic, and dozens of excuses, lies, and exaggerations.

Good Grief, Robert "Charlie Brown"!

Phoenix AZ

Username hidden
(2083 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   61 to 70 of 81   End
TOPIC: Minimum wage, it's your fault