Mexican Truck Plan : Swingers Discussion 86652
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsMexican Truck Plan
TOPIC: Mexican Truck Plan
Created by: dzzyred
Original Starting post for this thread:
A Bush administration proposal to give a limited number of Mexico-based trucking companies full access to U.S. roads will lead to only a few hundred additional Mexican trucks operating in the United States — not the thousands that critics say the program will attract, the Department of Transportation says.

The administration in February announced a one-year pilot program that would permit up to 100 Mexican trucking firms to travel anywhere in the United States, with each company allowed to operate an unlimited number of trucks in the country. On Monday a bipartisan group of 114 U.S. House members sent a letter to President Bush, urging him to halt the test program, saying it would compromise national security by allowing "thousands" of unsafe foreign trucks and drivers into the country.

But, so far, 34 Mexican carriers have been pre-approved to operate 157 trucks in the United States, the department says. "You have a lot of folks who say they're concerned about the program's safety measures, but [their complaints] don't match the facts," Transportation Department spokesman Brian Turmail said.

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 18   End
User Details are only visible to members.
You do know why they built a tunnel instead of a bridge? To protect ted kennedy from killing more innocent women.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Fox had an entire report on the tunnels this past year.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Jack

I've heard all kinds of reports on tunnels. Tune in to Lou Dobbs periodically.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Coming in from Laredo in TX you pass the border and then another check point 15-20 miles outside of Laredo. For 50 years it has been a joke, drop off you illegals, let them walk around the check point then pick them back up...yeah I trust the security there.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
At the border is kind of a misnomer. There is a buffer zone (not really sure how deep it goes).

But for Border Patrol checkpoints, there is one in the middle of Camp Pendleton and one in Temecula, both over 50 miles from the border. So if that is the limit of the buffer zone, lots of stuff can happen in that space.

Not to mention the tunnels they find on a monthly basis.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
Akron, and that is why the teamsters don't like the plan.

I can tell you from personal experience that their insurance will not pay off, their drivers are poorly trained and the trucks are not properly maintained. If you doubt the road worthiness of the trucks, find one and just check out the tires, they are too worn or are all mexican retreads, very dangerous.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
A-

That ain't gonna happen. I live at the border, well the Tecate border crossing is within 20 miles of my house.

It is a standing joke in these parts regarding pickup trucks with Mexican license plates with mattresses piled 25 feet high in the bed.

Or the intermittent stories about the guy who buys a truck at a government auction only to be pulled over six months later to find year old pot in the fender or something.

The border crossing is a joke.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
I can't find the news article, but a mexican truck carrying dynamite blew up just south of the border in a mining town. Left at 200x60 foot crater in the road.

I think the mexicans should stay on their side of the border.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Oh and Jack, just to make it clear.

I am anti - "illegal/undocumented " immigration and this latest mexican trucking.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Jack

"It's odd that you would take issue with a so-called neo-con supporting an issue for an organization you libs depend on for votes."

I didn't take issue with you at all. It was a question based on my perception of your support for statements made by other persons who definitely take the anti-union stance. I thought I perceived a little hyprocrisy on your part so I asked. I in fact support unions, in fact grew up in a household who's father worked exclusively union (carpenters) and have watched my brother (a general contractor) who cut his teeth in the carpenter union move to the anti-union position as he moved to the right (republican) in his political ideology through the years.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 18   End
TOPIC: Mexican Truck Plan