McCain Says Roe v Wade should be overturned : Swingers Discussion 73767
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsMcCain Says Roe v Wade should be overturned
TOPIC: McCain Says Roe v Wade should be overturned
Created by: dzzyred
Original Starting post for this thread:
Republican presidential candidate John McCain , looking to improve his standing with the party's conservative voters, said Sunday the court decision that legalized abortion should be overturned.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
I was a Mccain supporter in 2000 and I would support him in 2008. I don't think I agree with him on every issue, but their are many issues that I see him seeking common ground on, like campaign finance reform. An issue that not too many politicians on either side seemed willing to rally around. I think he is as honest as a man can be in Washington and has sought to find Bi-partisan solutions to problems, before "Bi-partisan" became cool to say. Out of the current field I think he would unite the country better than any of the other candidates, even Rudy. He has differences with the Left and the Right, but they are not due to his Inconsistency on the issues, but rather his consistent stances. I think as I thought in 2000 that it's long over due for a Vietnam war vet to lead this country, especially now that we face an enemy that will test our resolve to fight. We need a strong leader who can listen to both sides and actually work with both sides to keep this country safe. I think Mccain can do that, the Dems don't have any candidates strong enough to protect this country and to be tough in the face of tyrants who would challenge our backbone. Hilary is like one of those Weather Vanes on top of a house turning with the wind of public opinion. While Obama seems to have Vulcan like wisdom, but is so vague you can't really discern his exact position on any issue except maybe Iraq.....I just don't think any other candidate has the qualifications that Mccain does to lead this country.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
well it was not that long ago, Ronald Reagan lost the nomination in 1968 and 1976 amd was elected President in 1980.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
No worries folks its not gonna happen, Question for you Who was the last President to be elected after losing the nomination in previous years?

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
JNM, gawd! If I HAD to affiliate myself with ANY political party (which I don't), the closest thing I could come to might be Libertarian...as in, get yer frikkin laws OFF my ASS *LOL*. But even they scare me. Bottom line fer me. I don't trust ANYONE in politics. They're all criminals in suits with law degrees who know how to scam the system and pad their pockets. I think it might have been Will Rogers who once said that politicians were like diapers...full of it and needing to be changed often ;-) I was hoping that this last election would put the spurs to the system, but after Pelosi selected Jefferson to be on the Homeland Security Comm (after being busted for bribes and getting kicked off House n Means)...well, let's just say I wanted to barf. WTF?!?

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
I have had the pleasure of meeting John McCain on several occasions. He is a stand up guy, a true hero, who will give you a straight answer, but someone I disagree with politically. Due to the numerous political differences I have with him, I would not vote for him.

My major fault with John McCain is that through the 1980s and 1990s he complained about politics being driven by money versus ideas. In my opinion, he has become, possibly unwittingly, the very same thing he used to campaign against and attempt to pass legislation against - a rich career politician, out of touch with middle america.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Deb, sorry to disappoint, but I have no lib buddies in Hollywood *L*. As far as wishing death on anyone (McCain), nope, not me. However, McCain made a promise (like every asswipe politician) and I'm STILL waiting for him to keep it LMAO And I ain't holding my hand over my ass either. Go fish, buddy ;-)

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
McCain's an idiot. He said if the Dems got in during this last election he'd kill himself. I'm still waiting for him to stand true to his word *L* Yeah, like I'd want this dufus to run the country.

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
Republican presidential candidate John McCain , looking to improve his standing with the party's conservative voters, said Sunday the court decision that legalized abortion should be overturned.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: McCain Says Roe v Wade should be overturned