Maybe we're not looking at this the right way : Swingers Discussion 213660
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsMaybe we're not looking at this the right way
TOPIC: Maybe we're not looking at this the right way
Created by: sa_interracialcpl
Original Starting post for this thread:
What actually separates a mental health sufferer that goes out and kills innocent people on such a grand scale, from a suicide bomber?

They both share the same characteristics..

1. Obviously mentally challenged 2. Wanting to die for their actions 3. It's always someone else's fault for their actions

Am I off base here, or should we start paying more attention to these types? If we do, how do we not violate their rights in the process?

Again... I have no answers but would like to discuss it..

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 16   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Domestic terrorism is on the rise in America, and the gun selling and gun ownership lobbyists want Americans to believe their civil liberties and self-protection are at risk.

Rationalization of murdering innocents is a tragic flaw in the character of anyone who dismisses the cause-effect reality that resulted in the last episode of insanity.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7065 posts)
Agree 100%.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
The mass executions of innocent children, men and women in America by other crazy Americans using assault rifles and automatic fire hand guns is only made possible by the sale of such weapons.

Any attempt to excuse the gun dealers from being involved in this mayhem and domestic terrorism by comparing child mortality rates or such other means of rationalization only detracts from the horrrific reality that crazy Americans are increasing their use of assault weapons to execute unsuspecting, innocent civilians.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7065 posts)
John Wilkes Booth thought of himself as some sort of hero, and maybe also the guy who shot Martin Luther King, Jr.

Attention seeking, at the petty level or the world level, is not often worthwhile.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
This sort of wanders into the realm of Protagorean Relativism. While most would agree that "suicide bombing" citizens in a market is bad, while suicide bombing Hitler would have been arguably good, there are some people who believe the opposite in both scenarios.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20219 posts)
"The OP almost certainly refers to your garden variety suicide bomber; I can never see what their motivation is, really."

The answer to this lies in an earlier part of your posting.

"History could remember you fondly for taking out some really evil person or faction, at the cost of your own life."

This is how your "garden variety" suicide bomber sees themselves and their targets.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20219 posts)
True. History could remember you fondly for taking out some really evil person or faction, at the cost of your own life.

The OP almost certainly refers to your garden variety suicide bomber; I can never see what their motivation is, really. Normally they are killing random civilians, in a mosque or a marketplace -- to make the government look ineffectual?

And still, opinions will vary as to the heroic/horrific nature of the act.

Some Americans probably think it's great that Sikhs were mowed down in Wisconsin, or that a guvmit building was torpedoed in Oklahoma, or that black children were murdered in Atlanta. Haters don't really need an actual threat against them; they just need someone to hate.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I'm not trying to be difficult here, honest....

A "suicide bomber" is a person who sacrifices their life for something that they believe is beneficial.

If a suicide bomber assassinated Hitler in 1943, would we consider them to have been "mentally challenged" etc?

What about Bruce Willis blowing himself up to save humanity in the film Armageddon?

Almost anyone could probably dream up a scenario where a "suicide bombing" would be a noble thing to do.

Think about what I'm saying before you go off on me.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20219 posts)
"1. Obviously mentally challenged 2. Wanting to die for their actions 3. It's always someone else's fault for their actions "

#1 is an external observation; it's also debatable, in that many fully functional people also have their kinks and their perversions, and serious lack of insight. #2 refers to their motivations #3 is again external, but something like twice removed. Who decides this? Nobody does, it's just that some people love to speculate.

Are suicide bombers motivated by others who have oppressed them? or by the promise of 70 virgins in the afterlife? I'm sure I don't know.

Gun killers tend to be loners, sociopaths, outcasts. A guy who kills his mom perhaps blames her for his problems. Surely he didn't blame the other victims. Their parents, maybe?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Fjep:

I can agree that ending the 24/7 coverage of the school shootings would reduce their increasing frequency. However their is no way to stop them. If we are to have a discussion about these issues, it ought to start with the fact you can never stop them.

From there you must debate the level of freedoms we wish to retain vs the level of police states we will be willing to endure and the freedoms were willing to trade for the false sense of increased security.

I personally would rather face a mad mans wrath than take someone's freedom to have a belt fed machine gun. We know who most all of these people are, current gun control laws allow for this level of monitoring.

The first and best line of defense is enlightenment, education.

It ought to start in 7th-12th grade school with basic level phycology classes. It ought to continue with a national mental health system which is free to use for those tested and determined to be a threat.

Once we have a society willing to tackle this problem head on, we will have a society better able to determine what is a mental health issue who h requires mandatory care/monoriting.

In addition to reducing these mass killings/or killings by mentally Ill persons. We may be enabled to deal with many of our other issues as a nation as a secondary effect of learning more about the human mind as a nation.

In an advances civilization, ignorance of the mental status of those around us and what causes it becomes less and less acceptable and of a greater handicap to us all. As current, we arrogantly want the problem to go away, it won't. This simply is something we must accept as adults and develop a society equipped to deal with mental illness civili.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7695 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 16   End
TOPIC: Maybe we're not looking at this the right way