Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Matthew Dowd's Criticisms of Bush
TOPIC: Matthew Dowd's Criticisms of Bush
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 30 
User Details are only visible to members.
Found the article Dzzy. I am not surprised that this guy had a "change of heart". Really what has happened is that is that he went against his his own personal beliefs in going with Bush in the first place. He is not a conservative but someone who "fell in love" with Bush. So he was helping Bush out of mere emotions not conviction. in other word a leopard cannot change his spots. There is a profound difference when you believe in something as against when you believe in someone. What he should have done is, he should have been true to his feelings when he saw that he agreed with Kerry more than he agreed with Bush during the 2004 campaign. He has been struggleing with the belief he had in something( liberalism) as against his belief in someone (Bush) for awhile and guess what his convictions won. It will win everytime. So when you look at history of the person then you cannot be surprised. Futhermore the mere fact that he was on Bush's team and played such an important role actually flies in the face of his argument of Bush not being inclusive. It acutally says that Bush believes in what he is doing moreso than doing something out of emaotion. Now if you find a conservative who has been with Bush from the beginning saying these things now, then maybe there might be cause for concern but as of right now there is not.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Dizzy wrote:

"sure it was his job but his opinions and comments are suprising nonetheless" ----------------------------------------------------------------------- WHY?

Considering that he no longer works for Bush (left after the 2004 election) and that he is a registered Democrat and most likely holds to and votes for Democrat policies and beliefs, why is it surprising?

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
sure it was his job but his opinions and comments are suprising nonetheless

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
gary,

it's in the new york times online. from march 29..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Thanks I found that out but I cannot seem to find the story that you are referring to. Could you put me on the right path and tell me where it is.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Does everyone understand that political strategist are "guns for hire", regardless of their PERSONAL political ideology?

I am not putting Matthew Dowd down or making fun of his OPINIONS. However, Matthew Dowd is a registered DEMOCRAT. He calls himself a conservative DEMOCRAT. Just because he was hired as a political strategist by President Bush, does not mean he agreed with Bush's policies. It was a JOB, nothing more.

Dowd has also been a strategist for past Democrats, Independents, a Libertarian and even a member of the Green Party. That does not mean he believes in what they do, only that he was hired to get them selected and promote the CANDIDATES ideas.

This happens all the time. Should James Carville and Mary Matalin divorce because they speak out against each others beliefs. Hell, they are complete political polar opposites and yet they LIVE together.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
matthew dowd is his name..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Dzzy...what's his first name?

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
i was not so familiar with this guy until recently. sounds thoughtful and articulate.

i am interested in how he will be portrayed by the far right talk/radio show circuit. probably as some depressed liberal double agent or something..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
the President's chief campaign strategist from 3 years ago has come out and said that his faith in Mr. Bush was misplaced.

Mr. Dowd called for a withdrawal from Iraq and expressed his disappointment in Mr. Bush’s leadership. He criticized the president as failing to call the nation to a shared sense of sacrifice at a time of war, failing to reach across the political divide to build consensus and ignoring the will of the people on Iraq. He said he believed the president had not moved aggressively enough to hold anyone accountable for the abuses at Abu Ghraib prison.

Mr. Dowd, a crucial part of a team that cast Senator John Kerry as a flip-flopper who could not be trusted with national security during wartime, said he had even written but never submitted an op-ed article titled “Kerry Was Right,” arguing that Mr. Kerry, a Massachusetts Democrat and 2004 presidential candidate, was correct in calling last year for a withdrawal from Iraq.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 30 
TOPIC: Matthew Dowd's Criticisms of Bush