Matthew Dowd's Criticisms of Bush : Swingers Discussion 762651011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsMatthew Dowd's Criticisms of Bush
TOPIC: Matthew Dowd's Criticisms of Bush
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 30   End
User Details are only visible to members.
therefore, if he had in fact switched parties as the Times reports and he was a registred republican then he could fairly be called a "republican strategist"

:-)

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
The New York Times Article which i believe was the originating source called him an "ex-aide" which is believe is a fair title. the story also stated that Dowd was a top strategist for the Texas Democrats who was disappointed by the Bill Clinton years.

according to the story he actually switched parties, joined Mr. Bush’s political brain trust and dedicated the next six years to getting him to the Oval Office and keeping him there. In 2004, he was appointed the president’s chief campaign strategist.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Maureen Dowd is not married....I do not believe they are related.

On another note, the majority of articles have headlines that read "Republican Strategists to President Bush.....", or "Republican Strategists criticizes......", with the body of the articles (CNN, Frontline, PBS etc.) reading as if Dowd is a republican and a current part of the administration.

Again Dowd is and has always been a Democrat (His words). He also left in 2005, after he helped the President get reelected. He is NOT a Republican Strategist but a POLITICAL Strategist. He is what is called a "hired gun". Again, I am not criticizing Dowd for any employment he selects, but I am criticizing his supposed "enlightenment" and the MEDIA for misleading who Dowd really is.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Political Mercanary, dances to the MONEY tune. More to come on this one.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Gary....EXACTLY!

Working for Bush was not about ideology, it was about MONEY....his payday. I do not begrudge Dowd for that, as we have all worked (most likely) for people who we did not agree with politically, socially, religiously etc.

However, most of us understand that in a free market, when you accept a paycheck from someone you give them 100 percent, your best. That is what Dowd was doing. Dowd's admits he has always been a DEMOCRAT and his supposed jouney and enlightenment is just political partisan BS.

He was silent while making the big bucks and now that he has moved on, he is stating what he always has personally believed. I have NO respect for this type of politcal BS. If Dowd would of said he never liked Bush, but was hired to do a job and he fulfilled his contract by giving Bush his best, I would respect that. This supposed journey and the "sniff, sniff", give me a hanky story, is attempting to humanize him with the reader, while demonizing the President.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Also it did not seem to bother him that much back in 04. I would hazard a guess that there was a win bonus attached to his contract and if there was did he take money even though he did not believe on Bush then...just a question.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Well you know your opinion and a dollar will get you a cop of coffee. Dowd being a political hack is a fact that is what he did for a living. He fell in love with Bush ( his words). Even during the campaign his thoughts were more alligned with Kerry's( his words again) however he continued to work to defeat him. Just goes to show where his loyalty lies.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Sens take on this makes the most sense. I'm sure that he would work for another conservative with whom he completely disagrees with in the future if the money was right.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Well what is really intresting Dzzy is that all the while he was ''establishing" the adim. position in ''the platform set forth in that campaign." HE DID NOT believe in it, as stated by him. What does that make him...just a question?

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
i believe it is surpising or maybe better, interesting, that someone who played such an important role in a campaign has now repudiated a large part of the platform set forth in that campaign.

not shocking, but interesting..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 30   End
TOPIC: Matthew Dowd's Criticisms of Bush