Matthew Dowd's Criticisms of Bush : Swingers Discussion 76265
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsMatthew Dowd's Criticisms of Bush
TOPIC: Matthew Dowd's Criticisms of Bush
Created by: dzzyred
Original Starting post for this thread:
the President's chief campaign strategist from 3 years ago has come out and said that his faith in Mr. Bush was misplaced.

Mr. Dowd called for a withdrawal from Iraq and expressed his disappointment in Mr. Bush’s leadership. He criticized the president as failing to call the nation to a shared sense of sacrifice at a time of war, failing to reach across the political divide to build consensus and ignoring the will of the people on Iraq. He said he believed the president had not moved aggressively enough to hold anyone accountable for the abuses at Abu Ghraib prison.

Mr. Dowd, a crucial part of a team that cast Senator John Kerry as a flip-flopper who could not be trusted with national security during wartime, said he had even written but never submitted an op-ed article titled “Kerry Was Right,” arguing that Mr. Kerry, a Massachusetts Democrat and 2004 presidential candidate, was correct in calling last year for a withdrawal from Iraq.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 30   End
User Details are only visible to members.
ok I think I can clear this up.....from the mere fact that you are confused makes him a democrat...In other words there is NO CONFUSION WHEN YOU ARE A CONSERVATIVE....:)~

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
yea i had the same confusion and give up. i will say he sounded very intelligent whereever his true political heart lies. let's say he is a conservatively liberal demoblican!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Dzzy,

You know I just re-read about five interviews with Dowd (PBS, Frontline, NY Times, CNN and an AP story). I have to admit I am not clear if he actually changed parties or not.

In the Frontline interview he uses the term "conservative democrat" and also says he is a lifelong democrat. Yet, in other places he talks about how his party (clearly referring to Republicans) can win in 2008 with all the turmoil that the party has and is now going through. So, I throw my hands up, I am confused to what political party he was and is now registered as.

In the PBS interview he called again referred to himself as a “conservative Democrat” much like Lloyd Bentsen. He also stated that he and his family were lifelong democrats. I assumed from his comments that he was still a Democrat, but the Frontline interview confuses me.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I understand Dowd to say he voted Republican during his years with Bush while being a "conservative democrat".

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
i have listened to several but did not hear one that says he never switched. original story is wrong then?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
You know what follow the money. Let us see where Dowd end up working as the campaign kicks into high gear. I think what we are witnessing here is a job interview.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
See Sens you are truly " Fair and Balanced" to coin a phrase:)~

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
He does seem to indicate he did vote for Bush during his time with him.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
So he was a democrat, still is a democrat and it is most probable that he voted for Kerry over Bush because Kerry reflected his personal thoughts( his words).

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Dzzy,

Listen to the NPR interview, you can actually hear what Dowd says. He never switched parties, once he started working for Bush he called himself a CONSERVATIVE DEMOCRAT.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 30   End
TOPIC: Matthew Dowd's Criticisms of Bush