Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Mark Cuban's Anti-Soldier Bomb
TOPIC: Mark Cuban's Anti-Soldier Bomb
Created by: joeodd2
Original Starting post for this thread:
He released a movie called "Redacted". It features a rape and murder committed by U.S Troops in Iraq. This film is a disgrace and even those sympathetic to it's message can't endorse this film. This guy has donated money to military causes, and I do believe he had visited some injured troops. I'm not sure if that visit happened before or after her released this movie. I can't imagine any soldier who would want to shake this guy's hands after he releases such a vile piece of propaganda that will be used by our enemies. The worst thing about this is that the DVD and ticket sales over seas will probably make him a profit. I wouldn't be surprised if it wins some kind of award overseas. I will go on record as saying that I will never watch this snuff film. I think that Liberals and Conservatives can come together and agree, that Mark Cuban has not done a good thing for his country by financing this film.

Here's a funny story

Peter Berg (Director of the movie "The Kingdom". told USA Today how upset he was when clueless American audiences like the movie and think it's patriotic (like the applauding for this tripe of a movie, as the ignorant audience did when I saw it in August):

When a test screening in Sacramento erupted in cheers during a battle scene (he was hoping for a more somber reaction), he told Universal Studios executives he wanted a screening for a largely Muslim audience.

"I didn't want this to be an 'America kicks (butt)' movie," he says. I wanted action but not jingoistic action." . . . [DS: As I've written many times, "jingoistic" is the word the left--especially in Hollywood--uses to deride American patriotism.]

[After a London audience gave the scene an ovation], Berg decided audiences were cheering a win over terrorism, not [DS: American] nationalism, and kept the scene.

LOL imagine that. People cheering when they see Justice served. What's wrong with those people?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
User Details are only visible to members.
Americans need to make Hollywood hear them?

i ask why...

Hollywood hears the sound of money and if it stops coming in hollywood will change. things seem to be doing just fine in the ole movie biz..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Crimes are committed in every war by soldiers of every nation. But by focusing only on an isolated incident this movie paints U.S troops with a broad brush. Even critics more left wing than you JNM says that this film offers no balance and is completely one sided and lacks the kind of depth that the subject matter needs to tell the story correctly. But judge for yourself.

This is just another example of why we are our own worst enemy during any war. People like you don't have any resolve to fight, and don't support the military. You can't even support the troops when it comes to negative propaganda being used against them? You think everything can be resolved by conceding and "negotiation". A leader who thinks like you will cost many Americans their lives here at home. People like you JNM are more dangerous than Bush could ever be.

BTW most military families don't want their sons and daughters televised by the media when their remains come home from war, so maybe you should take your gripe up with them.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
I understand the conundrum that this type of film posses. However, based on many reviews. The characters in the film are almost cartoon like in their simplicity and lack of depth. This film does not offer anything in the way of balance in order to give the audience a chance to make up their own minds. Even the New York Times gave it a bad review. These men and women give up so much to protect us, The American people are sick and tired of Far Left Activists, politicians, and Hollywood tearing down the military. I expect a big overseas endorsement of this movie along with terrorists using it as propaganda. Cuban does nothing to help the Anti-war movement. He just managed to set it back a few steps. Americans need to make Hollywood hear them, however I think Overseas sales may be to much of a temptation for filmmakers, actors, and studios to resist.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
I almost never see movies at the theater, but will probably pick this one up on DVD.

This brings up an interesting and disturbing question, joe.

The stress of war makes (or allows or facilitates or ???) people do things that they would never do were they walking down Main Street.

How much do we bring these things to light?

I think that to ignore them would be a disservice. However, to spend inordinate amounts of time, calling these people baby killers or similar is also a disservice.

As for Cuban himself, I'm not impressed with him. He made a lot of money, but still strikes me as somewhat of a lowlife.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17436 posts)
He released a movie called "Redacted". It features a rape and murder committed by U.S Troops in Iraq. This film is a disgrace and even those sympathetic to it's message can't endorse this film. This guy has donated money to military causes, and I do believe he had visited some injured troops. I'm not sure if that visit happened before or after her released this movie. I can't imagine any soldier who would want to shake this guy's hands after he releases such a vile piece of propaganda that will be used by our enemies. The worst thing about this is that the DVD and ticket sales over seas will probably make him a profit. I wouldn't be surprised if it wins some kind of award overseas. I will go on record as saying that I will never watch this snuff film. I think that Liberals and Conservatives can come together and agree, that Mark Cuban has not done a good thing for his country by financing this film.

Here's a funny story

Peter Berg (Director of the movie "The Kingdom". told USA Today how upset he was when clueless American audiences like the movie and think it's patriotic (like the applauding for this tripe of a movie, as the ignorant audience did when I saw it in August):

When a test screening in Sacramento erupted in cheers during a battle scene (he was hoping for a more somber reaction), he told Universal Studios executives he wanted a screening for a largely Muslim audience.

"I didn't want this to be an 'America kicks (butt)' movie," he says. I wanted action but not jingoistic action." . . . [DS: As I've written many times, "jingoistic" is the word the left--especially in Hollywood--uses to deride American patriotism.]

[After a London audience gave the scene an ovation], Berg decided audiences were cheering a win over terrorism, not [DS: American] nationalism, and kept the scene.

LOL imagine that. People cheering when they see Justice served. What's wrong with those people?

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
TOPIC: Mark Cuban's Anti-Soldier Bomb