Marines Were Disarmed for President Obama's Second Inaugural Parade : Swingers Discussion 216887
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsMarines Were Disarmed for President Obama's Second Inaugural Parade
TOPIC: Marines Were Disarmed for President Obama's Second Inaugural Parade
Created by: fjep91754
Original Starting post for this thread:
townhall.c om/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/02/11/obama-disarmed-marines-for-inaguration-parade-n1509511

Marines Were Disarmed for President Obama's Second Inaugural Parade

He's gutted their healthcare, plans to cut their pay and apparently, doesn't trust them either. David Codrea over at Gun Rights Examiner points out that Marines marching in President Obama's second inaugural parade recently were caring rifles without bolts, meaning they were removed.

“Didn't know the Marines had to take the bolts out of their rifles for the Inaugural,” an email forwarded to Gun Rights Examiner from a United States Marine Corps source observed. “Wonder if someone can explain why [they] would be marching in the inaugural parade with no bolts in their rifles!”

The email linked to a YouTube video of the 57th Presidential Inaugural Parade, embedded in this column, featuring Bravo Company Marines from the Marine Barracks Washington. Sure enough, the observation in the email is confirmed by watching the video, with screen shots provided in the photo and slide show accompanying this article.

This prompted an internet search to see if others had also noticed, and the Blur-Brain blog had.

“The bolts have been removed from the rifles rendering them unable to fire a round,” the post stated. “Apparently Obama’s Secret Service doesn’t trust the USMC. Simply searching each guy to make sure he didn’t have a live round hidden on him wasn’t enough, they had to make sure the guns were inoperable.

Wondering if this may be an inauguration policy of long standing that transcends administrations, Gun Rights Examiner made a cursory search and found something even more curious. In the 2009 Inaugural Parade, the United States Navy marched with rifles that had not been so disabled

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
User Details are only visible to members.
"More of fj's idiotic conspiracy theories?

I'm SHOCKED I tell you! SHOCKED!"

LOL. Like I said. He's an idiot and always will be...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2788 posts)
The only thing I can say about this is I have been looking for info if this was the first time it has happened. I cannot find any. This may be a common practice for this. I really don't see the problem. And no I didn't vote for Obama either time.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
More of fj's idiotic conspiracy theories?

I'm SHOCKED I tell you! SHOCKED!

Be grateful though. If he had more than 2 brain cells to rub together he might actually be dangerous.....

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
Didn't bother with his site, I knew it would be some far far insane right winger site... Likely as laced with spam as a cum slut is laced with STD's. Sadly there is either a great many people who are repeating one source or this claim holds some truth to it.

I could believe it, namely the fact that while on US soil... US military forces aren't allowed to be used to impose law and order... (some exceptions apply.)

There for the secret service would rightfully (under the law) take steps so to ensure that the marines wouldn't be able to violate this law.

This is why national guard troops were called in to be close by... They can be used to install law and order. Personally I wouldn't want to take part in any such action... Namely because even if acting in such capacity... A national guardsmen isn't a trained police officer and typically will be deployed to an area he/she isn't familiar with the local norms...

This means you come with preconceptions and expectations of what is acceptable and isn't acceptable. (such as sharing equipment between farmers)

As such, you the national guardsmen might act to stop someone who you know doesn't own a piece of equipment from taking it to their farm during a natural disaster.

Given the gun and anti-government culture in the more areas outside a city, this could start a gun battle and thus I could be sent to prison for shooting a civilian. (key note: When PA had the flooding a year ago... The national guard was deployed without bullets and some officers expected their men to impose law and order... Unarmed.)

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7586 posts)
Nice website there. First a popup ad covers the screen, it's a book for sale -- BULLIES: How the Left's Culture of Fear and Intimidation Silences America.

Well, that's a nice nugget of self-contradiction.

They feature a whole stable of right wing writers, including Cal Thomas, Chuck Norris (yes, that Chuck Norris), Pat Buchanan! Phyllis Schlafly!!

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
townhall.c om/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/02/11/obama-disarmed-marines-for-inaguration-parade-n1509511

Marines Were Disarmed for President Obama's Second Inaugural Parade

He's gutted their healthcare, plans to cut their pay and apparently, doesn't trust them either. David Codrea over at Gun Rights Examiner points out that Marines marching in President Obama's second inaugural parade recently were caring rifles without bolts, meaning they were removed.

“Didn't know the Marines had to take the bolts out of their rifles for the Inaugural,” an email forwarded to Gun Rights Examiner from a United States Marine Corps source observed. “Wonder if someone can explain why [they] would be marching in the inaugural parade with no bolts in their rifles!”

The email linked to a YouTube video of the 57th Presidential Inaugural Parade, embedded in this column, featuring Bravo Company Marines from the Marine Barracks Washington. Sure enough, the observation in the email is confirmed by watching the video, with screen shots provided in the photo and slide show accompanying this article.

This prompted an internet search to see if others had also noticed, and the Blur-Brain blog had.

“The bolts have been removed from the rifles rendering them unable to fire a round,” the post stated. “Apparently Obama’s Secret Service doesn’t trust the USMC. Simply searching each guy to make sure he didn’t have a live round hidden on him wasn’t enough, they had to make sure the guns were inoperable.

Wondering if this may be an inauguration policy of long standing that transcends administrations, Gun Rights Examiner made a cursory search and found something even more curious. In the 2009 Inaugural Parade, the United States Navy marched with rifles that had not been so disabled

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19424 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
TOPIC: Marines Were Disarmed for President Obama's Second Inaugural Parade