Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Marine Corp limits INK
TOPIC: Marine Corp limits INK
Created by: dzzyred
Original Starting post for this thread:
Marine Corps Commandant Gen. James T. Conway announced the policy change last week.

"Some Marines have taken the liberty of tattooing themselves to a point that is contrary to our professional demeanor and the high standards America has come to expect from us," he said. "I believe tattoos of an excessive nature do not represent our traditional values."

GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 20   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Sorry but I think it's absurd. That being said it's the military, so in a way it makes sense, in spite of it's absurdity or maybe because of it. I don't care if every Marine looks like a recruitment poster or if some look like "Gang Members". As long as they behave with honor and discipline then I think they should be allowed to have tats below the elbow. We will need harder soldiers to fight the up coming wars around the world, especially with an enemy out there that is more hardcore than any we have ever faced. I don't think going PC right now is the right move.......

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Of course!!!!!.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Guess my buddy in the mariens will have to have that tatto lasered off that says "killing is our business and business is good".

WHen i was in the air force our unit motto (unoffical) was "you can run but you'll die tired" Seems kind of triviel about a little ink, but mariens are mariens. Thank god for them. I really doubt anyone will be prosecuted, unless they are a scew up anyway.

Someone said "they want to be proud of the people that represent the country".... sorry honey Military men in general and marines inparticular are suppose to be scarey...... big men with guns.... remember that

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
This is not news folks 1975 2 Marines were charged with damaging government property for excessive Tatooing. Marine set themselves above the rest at all times.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Rabbit

Yeah I know what you mean. And I don't agree with my son on tats. His last was a spider web of sorts on his throat like a half collar (only goes half way around his neck). I feel sure he'd never be able to enlist in the military if he wanted to (unless they have changed rules) but I can assure you he is far from gang related. He's actually been a loner, that his until he finally hooked up with his girl friend......she's slowly dragging him into the world of socializing with people other than his two or three buddies he grew up with LOL

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Sen

Another thought. As you know everything they teach in Basic has a purpose. The teaching of a threat of "destruction of military property" was probably the AF's method of trying to stop what "they" considered unsightly and unbecoming image before it started. After leaving Basic the "real" UCMJ takes over, but if the trainee believes what he was told (I did) he'd never get the tat in a visible place such as the back of the hand (again the example movie with Charley Sheen and the Eight Ball tat) to question the UCMJ code to start with....he'd just accept that he couldn't do it.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Rabbit

I had nearly the same take on tats. My thinking is turning around however....had to as my youngest son (now 22) started getting tats right after turning 18. He does like naked women for the most part for his tats. LOL

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Sen

"That was the point I was trying to make. Sorry for the confusion, or if you thought I was challenging what you were saying. I was not and from my own experiences agree with your experiences. "

No wasn't confusing to me and knew exactly your point which is correct. I deferred to your specific training and expertise in the military. I know sitting here (damn 30+ years later) what they were doing. You were AF? Was that fuckers name Barnett?? LOL What an asshole!

Oh the found memories of days of old. Still remember that first cigarette break in basic like it was yesterday...and never forget KP! LOL

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
StPete,

Everything you said was true, I received the same briefings by T.I.'s in Basic, I even laughed and went "yes" when you talked about carving something into the desk top. Maybe we had the same T.I. - lol.

I was only trying to point out that "perception" and what we are told is many times different then actual reality (scare tactics that have no legal basis versus the written law). This is not something isolated to just the military. People are told things from their days in grade school all the way through their adult life that they can be arrested, fired from jobs etc., based on alleged laws that are really non-existent.

That was the point I was trying to make. Sorry for the confusion, or if you thought I was challenging what you were saying. I was not and from my own experiences agree with your experiences. My point is people in leadership positions whether school, work or the military often use scare tactics and quote laws or regulations that are in reality non-existent. As a society, not just the military, we tend to trust people in supervisory, leadership or authority positions not to BS us. However, and unfortunately some do.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
DebJack

"The in cadence foot stomp with a loud grunt shows unity of purpose and force and usually helps intimidate the opposition. Add a night stick smack, in unison, on the shield, lottsa noise. I like it."

Yep exactly the exercise I was speaking of. Forgot about the night stick smack tho. Our baracks was on the 3 floor of a brick building, the SP's were trained on the PC area right beside us. As quite as it was in our barrack's the stick smack and foot stomp got thru to us....enough to bring us to the windows for a look down. We affectionately called them "foot stompers" not knowing that the guy I went in the AF with would be one of them later. LOL Poor fucker, ended up at Minot AFB North Dakota freezing his ass off guarding missile silos and your's truly ended up in a medical job (didn't get anything of my 3 choices for a job) in sunny Panama City, FL running the Miracle Strip (Long Beach, Panama City Beach, FL) with the spring breakers. LOL

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 20   End
TOPIC: Marine Corp limits INK