Marijuana The Harmless Drug : Swingers Discussion 96803
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsMarijuana The Harmless Drug
TOPIC: Marijuana The Harmless Drug
Created by: joeodd2
Original Starting post for this thread:
Cannabis bigger cancer risk than cigarettes

HONG KONG (Reuters) - Smoking a joint is equivalent to 20 cigarettes in terms of lung cancer risk, scientists in New Zealand have found, as they warned of an "epidemic" of lung cancers linked to cannabis.

Studies in the past have demonstrated that cannabis can cause cancer, but few have established a strong link between cannabis use and the actual incidence of lung cancer.

In an article published in the European Respiratory Journal, the scientists said cannabis could be expected to harm the airways more than tobacco as its smoke contained twice the level of carcinogens, such as polyaromatic hydrocarbons, compared with tobacco cigarettes.

The method of smoking also increases the risk, since joints are typically smoked without a proper filter and almost to the very tip, which increases the amount of smoke inhaled. The cannabis smoker inhales more deeply and for longer, facilitating the deposition of carcinogens in the airways.

"Cannabis smokers end up with five times more carbon monoxide in their bloodstream (than tobacco smokers)," team leader Richard Beasley, at the Medical Research Institute of New Zealand, said in a telephone interview.

"There are higher concentrations of carcinogens in cannabis smoke ... what is intriguing to us is there is so little work done on cannabis when there is so much done on tobacco."

The researchers interviewed 79 lung cancer patients and sought to identify the main risk factors for the disease, such as smoking, family history and occupation. The patients were questioned about alcohol and cannabis consumption.

In this high-exposure group, lung cancer risk rose by 5.7 times for patients who smoked more than a joint a day for 10 years, or two joints a day for 5 years, after adjusting for other variables, including cigarette smoking.

"While our study covers a relatively small group, it shows clearly that long-term cannabis smoking increases lung cancer risk," wrote Beaseley.

"Cannabis use could already be responsible for one in 20 lung cancers diagnosed in New Zealand," he added.

"In the near future we may see an 'epidemic' of lung cancers connected with this new carcinogen. And the future risk probably applies to many other countries, where increasing use of cannabis among young adults and adolescents is becoming a major public health problem."

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 106   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Wasn't sure if any of you would know who Zach was...

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
"Who the F*** is Zack Morris."

Mr. Belding was his principal.

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
Who the F*** is Zack Morris.

Ozzy now there's a poster child for how shit can pickle you. Alcohol is the thing that fucks with brain function over decades. It seriously pickles you. Coupled with the vitamin deficiencies that it produces...yikes.

Again you are much better off with Heroin in general than Alcohol. Regarding decades of heavy use.

I personally was a HUGE pothead, but I don't agree with the idea that it messes with you that much. I did 9 years of higher education with a constant blood level of THC.

It's just not that strong. You can override it's effects and still think if you have my weird brain chemistry. I used to read a page of text and reward myself with a bong hit. Write a page/Bong hit. Get up in the morning/Bong hit. Scratch my ass/Bong hit. If my professor was right, I shouldn't remember a thing. State dependent learning.

Now the X...that was impossible to do anything but senselessly fuck and smoke weed.

Dan you are not in the middle of anything. There's really only one side worth shit. The way you know? Only one side would make you choose.

M.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
LOL Ozzie is the reason I gave up eating Bats. Worked out great though, as I discovered I have a fondness for eating kittens

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
The last time I partook in the wacky tabaky was about two years ago.

We went to see The Rocky Horror Show. The stage show, not the movie.

That, you have to see altered...

Before then, I don't remember...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
Mischief, I would never argue that point. It's absurd to me that tobacco would be legal, yet marijuana is not. Though I'm not currently a toker, like Dan, under some circumstances I might partake. The last I smoked any was at a motorcycle rally last memorial day, before that I can't remember. Hey, maybe Poly is right about the memory! lol Seriously, I heard Ozzie Osbourne in a radio interview once, and he echoed your thoughts exactly. Of all the drugs that he quit using, tobacco was by far the hardest to quit. That will be my next hurdle, but right now I'm concentrating on losing 20-25 lbs, and I'm afraid tackling the smoking and dieting at the same time, would just be setting myself up for failure.

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
Zach Morris said to pass on grass.

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
Oh, please Dan cut me a break, I didn't put you anywhere I asked you a question about what you know my addictions are. I cannot read who else is putting you anywhere, as I block out things that don't concern me. But I will answer what my addictions are

My granddaughter, my family, Nicotine, sex and loving to hard, that's about it. I only party at parties.

Jan

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12121 posts)
I'm sure that was not your original reply, but I understand what happens when moving about in different circles.

Jan, who remembers quite fondly when a certain gentleman liked a woman that spoke her mind. Where did he go?

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12121 posts)
And since you know me so well, Dan, what am I addicted to?

Jan

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12121 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 106   End
TOPIC: Marijuana The Harmless Drug