Mandatory retirement age for all politicians : Swingers Discussion 2119021011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsMandatory retirement age for all politicians
TOPIC: Mandatory retirement age for all politicians
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 13 of 13 
User Details are only visible to members.
Mandatory retirement? No.

Term limits? Absolutely.

A pension? Perhaps lifetime medical benefits wouldn't be too over the top for a former Senator or Representative. No way in hell should they receive a lifetime cash pension though.

I have no problem with the wages that DC politicians make. I do have a problem when they continue to be involved with their private sector businesses while working on the govt's dime. If nothing else, I feel that us citizens deserve their undivided attention while they are holding a position that we elected them to.

I'd also like to see mandatory attendance policies when Congress is in session along with mandatory voting on all bills than come across the floor.

Of course, all of this basically requires Congress to vote it into law which would be voting against their own individual interests so we can pretty much kiss that idea good-bye.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3203 posts)
I am more inclined to suspend all salaries for all federal politicians, including the president. It will help move them out of office, and put a lot of money back into the system.

They also should have to pay for their own food, transportation, and pay rent on any federal housing.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19412 posts)
Thoughts?

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8077 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 13 of 13 
TOPIC: Mandatory retirement age for all politicians