Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Mandatory retirement age for all politicians
TOPIC: Mandatory_retirement_age_for_all_politicians
« Prev  1  2 
11 to 13 of 13
User Details are only visible to members.
Mandatory retirement? No.

Term limits? Absolutely.

A pension? Perhaps lifetime medical benefits wouldn't be too over the top for a former Senator or Representative. No way in hell should they receive a lifetime cash pension though.

I have no problem with the wages that DC politicians make. I do have a problem when they continue to be involved with their private sector businesses while working on the govt's dime. If nothing else, I feel that us citizens deserve their undivided attention while they are holding a position that we elected them to.

I'd also like to see mandatory attendance policies when Congress is in session along with mandatory voting on all bills than come across the floor.

Of course, all of this basically requires Congress to vote it into law which would be voting against their own individual interests so we can pretty much kiss that idea good-bye.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3270 posts)
I am more inclined to suspend all salaries for all federal politicians, including the president. It will help move them out of office, and put a lot of money back into the system.

They also should have to pay for their own food, transportation, and pay rent on any federal housing.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Thoughts?

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8330 posts)
« Prev  1  2 
11 to 13 of 13
TOPIC: Mandatory retirement age for all politicians
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.