Man shot by dog : Swingers Discussion 2178471011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsMan shot by dog
TOPIC: Man shot by dog
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 30   End
User Details are only visible to members.
You really don't have a clue what you're talking about. And your last post doesn't make a damn bit of sense. I'm 99% certain that you didn't serve a day in the military, but if you did, did you even complete your enlistment?

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3203 posts)
Cplo:

Reread my last post. I said 100% of the bonus received. I even gave you a math problem involving a bonus or other none pay of 20k and having received 5,000 USD.

I the. Said that you would be required to pay an additional 10% ontop of the 5,000 USD received.

Now you couldn't find it but in 2003 I know I read it, this 10% was drilled into us all the time and remember that unless you take them to court... They will withhold your tax returns until they, not you are satisfied.

Ask anyone who has ever served in the military and the military believes that they are due money from you because of an error on their side. If you aren't serving anymore, they turn to the IRS and withhold the returns until they are made good.

Go on, tell a E-3 in the national guard to take the US military to court. I dare you.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
Feel free to link me to the chapter in the Air Force Administration Manual on Bonuses that says 100% of your bonus must be paid back along with an additional 10%. I'll give you a hint....no such chapter exists. The military cannot recoup any amount greater than the bonus you received. If your recruiter, drill instructors, or anyone else told you this, they lied. If it's in your enlistment contract then you signed a fake/fraudulent contract because a DD Form 4 or a fraudulent Annex B to the DD Form 4.

Enlistment/Reenlistment contracts are standard across the board, regardless of branch of service. And while each branch determines their own bonuses, recoupment of those bonuses is also standard across the board. Here's a bonus annex for the Army/Air Force Nat'l Guard as an example of what it would look like. This might look a little different than what the Air Force has, but the meat and potatoes will remain the same.

montanaguard. com/hro/documents/education/17Aug07/AB-Addendum.pdf

Section VI talks about recoupment of bonuses being pro-rated but makes no mention of requiring the member to pay an additional 10%.

Also, your obligation to the military doesn't begin and end on drill weekends. Sometimes work needs to be done from home. Suck it up. Your immediate supervisor can elect to give you an additional drill/pay period for the month if he/she requires you do to some work from home. You're required to give 4 four hour drill periods a month. That doesn't mean you're limited to that. When I was active duty staff at a reserve unit, I had a reservist who was an absolute wiz with Excel. I needed her to whip up a report for me and it couldn't wait until our next scheduled drill weekend. Emailed her all of the data and told her to record the time she spent working on it. Came out to 7 hours so I submitted for 2 additional pay periods for her.

"The likely reason they did nothing beyond threats is that in a civilian court, they knew that they would lose."

LOL. You can't take the military to a civilian court because you think they're being too demanding.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3203 posts)
Cplo:

Yes I served and my contract stated clearly 100% of collected bonuses plus 10%.

So of the 20,000 I collected 5,000. Then I must pay 5,000 plus 10% penalty.

From day one of basic training, this line was repeated to us, it was even used in a threat against me while in the guard when they demanded that I do online testing on my own time from home.

The military demands that you use your own computers to do online work from home. I told them no. They weren't paying me for the hours spent away from work/school to do their paper work, they weren't getting free work from me.

The likely reason they did nothing beyond threats is that in a civilian court, they knew that they would lose. I showed up to drill on time, and dressed in accordance with the uniform. I did any tasking they had while on their time, and while on their time, never talked back.

When not on orders, it is my time, I am not collecting a check. Civilians arent going to side with the military. More so when I told them I would bring in my computer and demonstrate how long it takes to do a single test. 3 minutes to log in, 1-3 minutes to load a page. Oh you are beyond the 5 minute auto log out.

The military made it impractical to do the work from a non-DoD computer. Their problems, I told them to get me a DoD programmed laptop. They didn't, their problem, not mine.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
Having been on Air Force ranges with their Security Forces, I will not only disagree with that but lol at it. They aren't reckless by any means, but they are a little too casual in their conduct on a live range for my liking.

Also, an AD/ND is subject to NJP under Article 15, not a less than honorable discharge.

Here's what happened to an Airman at Eielson AFB:

eielson.af. mil/news/story.asp?id=123081788

"An airman first class from the 354th Security Forces Squadron received Article 15 punishment for negligent discharge of his duty weapon, in violation of Article 134, UCMJ. The commander imposed the following punishment: Reduction to the grade of airman, suspended reduction to the grade of airman basic, ten days extra duty and a reprimand. "

Not only did he not get discharged, he didn't even receive the maximum punishment that commanders are authorized to hand out during NJP. I do see that the Air Force refers to it as negligent, but I don't claim to be an expert on the AF since I didn't serve in that branch, just spent some time on an AF base.

Also, bonuses are never repaid to the government. A pro-rated amount may be recouped by the gov't (at gov't discretion) for failing to meet the criteria required to accept the bonus, but it's almost unheard of for an individual to repay the full bonus amount and never in excess of that amount.

military. com/recruiting/bonus-center/resources/how-military-bonuses-are-paid

"With few exceptions, you must repay any "unearned" portion of the enlistment bonus if you are discharged early, or you choose to re-train out of the occupation. For example, if you enlisted and received a $20,000 enlistment bonus for a 6-year enlistment, and only served in that job for three years, you would be required to pay back $10,000."

Did you ever actually spend a day in the military or do you just make shit up as you go?

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3203 posts)
Cplo:

While I was in the air force, we used negligent discharge. Our commanders, lieutenants and even down to our element leaders would grill the notion that there are no AD's, only ND.

Further such ND will result in the loss of the weapon, a less than honorable discharge from the service and if we had accepted any bonus money or even gI bill money, we would have to repay it plus 10% as per the contract stipulations for breech of contract.

The air force doesn't screw around with safety. Least of all weapon safety.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
"There are no such things as accidents, everything happens for a reason. May not be planned reason but there is cause to every awww shit. Most in the firearm world use the word negligent discharge as opposed to accidental."

Absolutely agree with the logic. If you're handing a firearm and a round is expended unintentionally, it's due to handler negligence since there is probably less than a 1 in a million chance that a gun would just fire on its own. I'm just saying that in the military, Marines specifically, I've always heard it referred to as an accidental discharge. Definitely wouldn't mind seeing negligent used in place of accidental, since the latter implies that the situation was uncontrollable, and that simply isn't the case when it comes to firearms. Handlers are always in control.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3203 posts)
If firearm mishaps were actually accidents in the military, they would not hand out letters of reprimands, and article 15 for them.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19406 posts)
There are no such things as accidents, everything happens for a reason. May not be planned reason but there is cause to every awww shit. Most in the firearm world use the word negligent discharge as opposed to accidental.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19406 posts)
en.wikipedia. org/wiki/Accidental_discharge

I won't argue that an accidental discharge is anything but negligent, but the term "accidental discharge" is the most common description used in the military, which is all I've known for the the last 18 years.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3203 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 30   End
TOPIC: Man shot by dog