MI is now a Right to work state! : Swingers Discussion 2132511091
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsMI is now a Right to work state!
TOPIC: MI is now a Right to work state!
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Start   91 to 100 of 159   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Sedu:

"*To not pay union dues and benefit from the Unions hard work is to benefit form something you aren't paying for... Most people call this theft.*

Consider it the same as those don't pay taxes, and still get to reap the benefits :) "

Ok, instead of crying about their inability to afford to pay taxes, why don't you pay them a living wage for a first world nation, so that they may pay taxes.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7701 posts)
Wonder who will protect a victims of sexual harassment..I mean who will provide a good lawyer to stand against the lawyers of a corporation..I guess they are on their own from now..yay for capitalism?

New York NY
Username hidden
(328 posts)
*To not pay union dues and benefit from the Unions hard work is to benefit form something you aren't paying for... Most people call this theft.*

Consider it the same as those don't pay taxes, and still get to reap the benefits :)

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17056 posts)
Sedu:

"And you consider people paying to a union, even though they choose to not belong to one, and you think this is fair?

How different is that, than having the neighborhood deli paying protection money (Union dues) for the right to operate in *their* shop, after all, they're the one's busting ass keeping the neighborhood safe, and if you aren't contributing you are reaping the benefits of their hard labor! "

You the scab have an improved bargaining ability with your employer, only because the union worker improved your standard of living within the field you are in.

To not pay union dues and benefit from the Unions hard work is to benefit form something you aren't paying for... Most people call this theft.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7701 posts)
Sedu:

"The challenge that I see is, that unless we re-train the work force and evolve, we get left behind. And this is the problem that Unions are dealing with today. Unions like the rest of us, need to evolve, employers cannot guarantee jobs for lifetime. Certainly, they're unable to keep paying wages at set levels, when the value of the skill set is no longer equal. We don’t need an X amount of dock workers, as we needed 25 years ago because the machinery is intelligent. We no longer need the same amount of auto workers because of automation. Now, some no doubt will say, that this is terrible, what’s next robotic surgery?! But they don't complain when their new Chevy runs for 200,000 without a hiccup, how quickly they've forgotten about their 1970 Chevy, that needed an oil change every 3,000 miles, wouldn't start because of a flooded carburetor, and visit at the mechanic regularly! "

So in short, shut up and take what ever is given to you.

If you are going to devalue the jobs, because you don't want to pay people to work... You job creators MUST create new jobs of equal pay and a means of obtaining these skills.

Unlike the dock worker who can work his way up without a college education... The new jobs requires 4-6 years of college under ideal conditions and the right college.

Yep, you can take 4 years at college, taking the same classes as another college. But because one college is better known or more liked, its graduates are given employment while the potentially equally skilled person from the other college will not obtain employment.

So where will these new jobs with the wages which grow a nation, come from?

If all you can do is take and devalue, you aren't doing anything but being greedy and only acting for yourself. When you do this, your nation falls apart around you... As we are seeing now with high unemployment, high underemployment, and lowered wages in almost every field which you produce a product.

Buying and selling businesses isn't a sustainable means of running a nation, you run out of companies to buy and dumb saps to sell the debt ridden companies you destroyed to.

Financial products are sugar, you can't make a meal out of candy, doughnuts and other sweets.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7701 posts)
And you consider people paying to a union, even though they choose to not belong to one, and you think this is fair?

How different is that, than having the neighborhood deli paying protection money (Union dues) for the right to operate in *their* shop, after all, they're the one's busting ass keeping the neighborhood safe, and if you aren't contributing you are reaping the benefits of their hard labor!

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17056 posts)
I'll agree somewhat.

At the same time, there has been an assault on unions by management for many years. Some of it is warranted, some not.

This law, for example, is clearly a union busting tactic. And I think it will backfire on the Republicans in Michigan.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17378 posts)
As a result of advancements in technology we have a dilemma (in my opinion of course). Today, we are able to manufacturer goods faster, and with fewer resources. It may appear unfair to some, because jobs are being eliminated. However, this is a fact of life. We are evolving, we have to adjust.

The challenge that I see is, that unless we re-train the work force and evolve, we get left behind. And this is the problem that Unions are dealing with today. Unions like the rest of us, need to evolve, employers cannot guarantee jobs for lifetime. Certainly, they're unable to keep paying wages at set levels, when the value of the skill set is no longer equal. We don’t need an X amount of dock workers, as we needed 25 years ago because the machinery is intelligent. We no longer need the same amount of auto workers because of automation. Now, some no doubt will say, that this is terrible, what’s next robotic surgery?! But they don't complain when their new Chevy runs for 200,000 without a hiccup, how quickly they've forgotten about their 1970 Chevy, that needed an oil change every 3,000 miles, wouldn't start because of a flooded carburetor, and visit at the mechanic regularly!

So in my opinion, unless the unions take the very wise advice from, Who Moved My Cheese, they will end up putting themselves out of existence.

P.S. I’m not implying that it costs me any less to service my new vehicle today, than it did 20 years ago, it probably costs me more today. However, the neighborhood mechanic who did not evolve to learn new technology, can't service my new car, unless he's equipped with the training, skill-set and the proper tools.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17056 posts)
I am also a pro union guy who has never been a member of a union, although I have been involved in two organizing campaigns.

The first was many years ago, and like KnB, I was the leader of the anti-union people. Got my first supervisor job shortly after, so while I won't say I got paid off for being anti-union, I won't say I wasn't, either...

The next time was about 8 years ago. I was an analyst, so I would not have been a member of the bargaining unit, but I was not a supervisor.

In that case, which the union won, the only issue was the inexperience of the management staff. The company had expanded rapidly, and had hired some people who had no business being supervisors.

I think that is the reason many people want a union these days. There are a lot of supervisors who have no business being in the position...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17378 posts)
I-75 goes straight from Ybor City to Detroit.

I don't know if Flying J's support rhino needs.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20220 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Start   91 to 100 of 159   End
TOPIC: MI is now a Right to work state!