MI is now a Right to work state! : Swingers Discussion 2132511071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsMI is now a Right to work state!
TOPIC: MI is now a Right to work state!
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Start   71 to 80 of 157   End
User Details are only visible to members.
To be clear, I was referring to Robert_Hil's post.

To expand a bit more- tell that to the unemployed Union worker.

Lets say a Union employee would make $25/hour.

$25/hour X 0 hours = 0 pay. Unemployment benefit for a 40 hour week not worked= $335 (Assumed- depends on the individual base period)

Now, the non union employee actually working at $15/hour...

$15/hour x 40 hours= $600

$600 BT wage is more than $335 BT unemployment.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Tell that to the unemployed.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Indeed Good is correct. Unemployment in Right to Work states is lower. Last I checked I believe RTW states were at 6.5% unemployment, whereas Collective Bargaining states had something around 7.5%.

Salaries though are lower in the RTW states. Which is fine. The market needs a readjustment. It is the reality of the global marketplace. We cry that American jobs are being shipped overseas, yet we all go to Walmart and buy China made junk because it's less expensive, than the same item manufactured in the US. So unless you are prepared to back up your words with your actions and buy only American made goods, don't complain about low paying salaries and loss of jobs.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16541 posts)
Sure there will be lower unemployment in right to work states... But the quality of those jobs are also lower and thus the quality of life in those states are lowered.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7484 posts)
A couple of fun facts-

Unemployment in Right To Work states is lower than in other states.

There are some advantages to businesses to having Collective Bargaining Agreements. Not many, but there are some.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Tbr: What say you about unions: "Your union, and by extension, you have been the worst drain on California. More than education, more than welfare, more than any other single item." And some of your early released "simple pot heads" just killed four people not far from you. After a decline in all forms of crime the last 15 years the homicide and crime rate is going way up here in our State. With the early releases of the so called non, non, non's. Some counties are seeing all time record, homicide rates this year.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Sar: I forget most all of the facts. But I do remember the Union that most all waitress and bar tenders had to join if they wanted a job in the food and beverage service field. It folded somewhere in the 70's I think. Almost every Local President and up the chain was convicted of running a white slavery and racketering organization. They were all convicted and handed some pretty hefty prison terms and fines. You had to have a union card to get a job. If you were young, female and good looking and you wanted a job as a waitress, you had to fuck any number of union bosses until they felt satisfied. If you were male, or older and such you had to kick down extra money to the bosses.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Right! We're always specific that we're talking about Federal income taxes when we quote a low number!

Unless, of course, it's about Mitt Romney, or Warren Buffett....

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19568 posts)
OH! It was Affinity Hospital in northern Ohio! My bad!

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10709 posts)
Mia culpa, federal taxes.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16541 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Start   71 to 80 of 157   End
TOPIC: MI is now a Right to work state!