MI is now a Right to work state! : Swingers Discussion 2132511061
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsMI is now a Right to work state!
TOPIC: MI is now a Right to work state!
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 157   End
User Details are only visible to members.
But RTW states don't necessarily have lower unemployment numbers, per my post below.

And RTW Nevada has the highest unemployment rate in the nation.

steve

W Bloomfield MI
Username hidden
(511 posts)
JUst wanted to throw this out there: while higher wages are all well and good, it has to be factored in with the overall cost of living for the area. For example, I made great money in Southern California when I was out there, but could barely afford a cracker box apartment in a BAD area of the Valley if I were to have tried living on my own out there. Whenre I live now, what I make is probably mid-range, BUT the cost of living is great here, so I actually come out ahead by comparison.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10712 posts)
I responded to the fact that RTW states though have lower unemployment numbers have lower wages. It was in my global trends post below.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16794 posts)
So MI is in the list, but they just became a right to work state. I believe MI has a large number of employees who are union members. The UAW comes to mind.

I believe with the change that more employers there may start using employees who are not union members.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Goodenuff

Thanks for the submission, now you need to back that up with something. It isn't my job to research your theory, that is your responsibility.

These are the 10 states with the highest unemployment rate. At first glance they seem to be very diverse but maybe you can find some common industry/job statistics in these states.

41 NEW YORK 8.7 43 ILLINOIS 8.8 44 MISSISSIPPI 8.9 45 CONNECTICUT 9.0 46 MICHIGAN 9.1 47 NORTH CAROLINA 9.3 48 NEW JERSEY 9.7 49 CALIFORNIA 10.1 50 RHODE ISLAND 10.4 51 NEVADA 11.5

Or look at it this way. Sort the states by average wages. Top 25 wage earning states, 7 are RTW. The 25 states with the lowest average wages, there are 16 RTW states.

W Bloomfield MI
Username hidden
(511 posts)
Steve, i submit for your consideration that a state's unemployment rate is tied to the types of jobs/industry that state is associated with, and have gone the wayside, rather than the population or the number of electoral votes it has.

What happened to the employment opportunities in those states?

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
I'll take that as "I have no fucking idea".

Thank you for your input.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Again, find out who has financed the "right to work" legislation, and you will have found the most evil rich bastards in the USA.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
What is, or should I say were the leading industries in the states with higher unemployment?

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
There are 22 Right to Work (RTW) states not counting Michigan. I just compared unemployment rates for all 50 states and of the 25 states with the lowest unemployment there are 11 RTW states. Of the 25 states with the highest unemployment there are also 11 RTW states, including Nevada with the highest unemployment rate. So that is pretty evenly distributed.

The top 10 is dominated (7 or 10) by right to work states but they are mostly small, rural and include ND, Nebraska, SD, Iowa, Wyoming, etc.

What is interesting is that of the 25 states with the lowest unemployment rate, the total electoral votes is 188, the 25 states with the highest unemployment the total is 342 electoral votes. So actually looking at the statistics this way it seems more likely that a state’s unemployment rate is tied to the size of their population, not RTW. The only large RTW state in the best 25 states for unemployment is Texas and they are tied for 16.

There are a million ways to look at numbers and they can be presented in many ways to make a point, but looking at the above statistics population size seems to be a better indicator than RTW.

W Bloomfield MI
Username hidden
(511 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 157   End
TOPIC: MI is now a Right to work state!