Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics MI is now a Right to work state!
TOPIC: MI is now a Right to work state!
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 159   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Kibb:

That is all well and good to say... But most employers want skilled and experienced workers. So you spend 20-50k on an education... Only to be told you have no experience. Guess who isn't paying back their loans on minimum wage?

Most people can't find out what employers want, because they don't have a crystal ball to know what the employer wants in five years time. For the working adult, it takes twice the length of a pipeline teen to get a college education.

You must work full time, provide for your family and keep ontop of all of the expenses. Working 40-50 hours a week doesn't allow for 12 credits of college per year and to actually learn the material.

So you must take 1-2 classes a year. By the time you complete all the classes and get the degree, you are already working with out of date knowledge and have become obsolete for the job market.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7703 posts)
I was looking for a job when I got the one I have. If for any reason I wasn't happy with where I work or the working conditions, I would apply the same principle and find another job. If someone is unemployed or underemployed, they need to evaluate the skills and qualities they have and compare them to what is is needed, and what's available. If you don't have marketable qualities, you need to work on developing some. Employers these days have to stay competitive in their pay/benefits to ensure they have the employees they need.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10727 posts)
But RTW states don't necessarily have lower unemployment numbers, per my post below.

And RTW Nevada has the highest unemployment rate in the nation.

steve

W Bloomfield MI
Username hidden
(512 posts)
JUst wanted to throw this out there: while higher wages are all well and good, it has to be factored in with the overall cost of living for the area. For example, I made great money in Southern California when I was out there, but could barely afford a cracker box apartment in a BAD area of the Valley if I were to have tried living on my own out there. Whenre I live now, what I make is probably mid-range, BUT the cost of living is great here, so I actually come out ahead by comparison.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10727 posts)
I responded to the fact that RTW states though have lower unemployment numbers have lower wages. It was in my global trends post below.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17091 posts)
So MI is in the list, but they just became a right to work state. I believe MI has a large number of employees who are union members. The UAW comes to mind.

I believe with the change that more employers there may start using employees who are not union members.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Goodenuff

Thanks for the submission, now you need to back that up with something. It isn't my job to research your theory, that is your responsibility.

These are the 10 states with the highest unemployment rate. At first glance they seem to be very diverse but maybe you can find some common industry/job statistics in these states.

41 NEW YORK 8.7 43 ILLINOIS 8.8 44 MISSISSIPPI 8.9 45 CONNECTICUT 9.0 46 MICHIGAN 9.1 47 NORTH CAROLINA 9.3 48 NEW JERSEY 9.7 49 CALIFORNIA 10.1 50 RHODE ISLAND 10.4 51 NEVADA 11.5

Or look at it this way. Sort the states by average wages. Top 25 wage earning states, 7 are RTW. The 25 states with the lowest average wages, there are 16 RTW states.

W Bloomfield MI
Username hidden
(512 posts)
Steve, i submit for your consideration that a state's unemployment rate is tied to the types of jobs/industry that state is associated with, and have gone the wayside, rather than the population or the number of electoral votes it has.

What happened to the employment opportunities in those states?

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
I'll take that as "I have no fucking idea".

Thank you for your input.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Again, find out who has financed the "right to work" legislation, and you will have found the most evil rich bastards in the USA.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 159   End
TOPIC: MI is now a Right to work state!